1. Oh hai Guest!

    Welcome to the RPF!

NSWRPF Archive Final Fantasy VII: The Story of the Turks

Discussion in 'Non-Star Wars Role Playing Archive' started by SephyCloneNo15, Jul 11, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Twinky_Stryder Jedi Master

    Member Since:
    Nov 16, 2003
    star 4
    IC: Ai
    training grounds

    Ai backed away from the animals, shaking a little.
    "We should position ourselves so that we're back to back and all facing outwards, don't want to give them any chance."
    She held out her nunchaku and twirled it.
    "So is this a training exercise or something?"

    TAG: any, wolves.
  2. Nethrin Jedi Knight

    Member Since:
    Jun 6, 2006
    star 2
    IC: Kael
    Training grounds

    Kael pulled his two guns from their holsters and aimed at the wounded monster.

    "This should be fun," he said as he squeesed the triggers several times. Kael enjoyed the familiar ping sould of his guns fireing. He sent five bullets at the wounded alpha male.

    TAG: any, mosters
  3. dontlookatmethatway Jedi Knight

    Member Since:
    Jul 5, 2005
    star 3
    IC: Victor Cain
    North Crater Mock-up, Shin-Ra Headquarters

    Victor waited for a response from the overly-talkative women. He thought about how even hard-core warriors hand-picked for a commando team had the desire to talk endlessly that afflicted most women. Then he heard the howl. Victor was on edge instantly. His gaze roamed over the arena until he saw the creature springing for Ai. He raised his weapon to pick it off, but another team member went to attack it. Victor didn't try for a shot; he didn't want to risk hitting his comrade. Besides, the man, if he was up to the normal standard of the Turks, probably had the encounter under control. But, Victor knew, there was the possibility that that single creature was a member of a pack. A pack that he had just tipped off to their existence with his ear-splitting howl. Even if there was no pack, other animals could be drawn to the area by that howl. Victor assessed his position. He had cover, but his back was exposed. Victor surveyed the surrounding terrain and, after a few moments, dashed over to another outcropping of rocks. This one allowed him to put his back to the wall of the maze, giving him protection. With this taken care of, Victor gazed at the entrances to the area, waiting for any other animals to emerge.

    He was not disappointed. Two monsters like the first emerged: one on the left and one on the right. Victor raised his gun smoothly, aiming for the left one. He could almost hear Iam standing behind his left shoulder and speaking to him. Select your target and focus on it. Bring your gun up and sight down it, finding a vulnerable area, preferably where you can kill with one shot. Keep your eye trained on the targeted area and bring the crosshairs to rest on it. Avoid tunnel vision. You know everything happening around you. Compensate for movement and gently squeeze the trigger. Absorb the recoil. Do not hurry. You have all the time in the world. Victor remembered well the almost hypnotic quality of Iam's voice and it helped him slip into the state that Iam had described as focused calm. Victor brought his weapon to bear on the eye of the monster, hoping that the bullet would through the eye into its brain, and pulled the trigger.

    Tag: GM, All
  4. Darth_Vaders_cousin Jedi Grand Master

    Member Since:
    Nov 12, 2004
    star 5
    IC: Black
    Training Grounds

    Black had hung back in the shadows while the others wasted time fighting amongst themselves.

    Hadn't he said it was better to not make attachments. He did recall saying that...yes...Just before he went to bed and got an extra hour of sleep. Fools.

    He watched. Wearing themselves out by fighting each other would make them easy prey.

    And, the one called Ai almost did fall prey as a sickly hound jumped from the shadows. Others around him were quick on their feet, and destroyed the hound with ease, but risked themselves in the process. Though, he did like the grenade appraoch, he hadn't met that man before...but he would certainly like to later. But not now.

    Out of the shadows opposite where he hid stepped three more hounds.

    As quickly as any trained assasin could be, Black drew his high caliber side arm, and leveled it at the right-most Hound, sending out two quick shots at the head.

    Tag: Sephy
  5. SephyCloneNo15 Jedi Grand Master

    Member Since:
    Apr 9, 2005
    star 5
    (GM's ooc: DVC, the first one isn't dead yet. These things are resiliant. It's wounded, but not dead)

    IC: Kalm Fangs

    As bullets careened into the two resiliant beasts, they staggered, but survived. The creatures pounced again immediately breaking into the most vulnerable sections of their tiny formation, clawing and biting wildly at air and, occasionally, catching cloth and flesh in their frenzy.

    Meanwhile, the Alpha Male grew weary of licking its wounds with a tongue that no longer existed, and instead hurled itself headlong towards the creatures who had injured it. It was aware of its mortality; if it survived today, it would starve. If it died today, it would take those who had injured it to Hades with it.

    Tag: Turks
  6. Twinky_Stryder Jedi Master

    Member Since:
    Nov 16, 2003
    star 4
    IC: Ai
    training grounds

    Ai had to restrain herself from screaming as a Kalm Fang clawed at her leg. She swung her nunchaku, knocking it back. She saw the first one to attack begin to take a run again. Ai crouched into a defensive stance.
    "Maybe if we take out the leader the others will break up and leave. What do you think?"

    TAG: anyone

    OOC: form sunday I'll be on holiday for a couple of weeks and so Nethrin will be taking control of Ai. I might get a chance to check in on friday though.
  7. PressRedForFreakMode Jedi Knight

    Member Since:
    Apr 29, 2006
    star 3
    IC: Ylesia
    Training Grounds

    "No, Ai, that's no fun." Ylesia remarked.

    "Maya, shall we?" She hinted.

    She ripped her swords apart, to imitate sharpening. With Sphynx and Boa held in hands with crossed arms, she whispered. "Don't let me down, ladies."

    A beast was to her side, standing in what could be seen as a threatening pose. She swung one blade over to chop at the creature's feet, as it backed off. She continued this until toes scattered the floor. Once satisfied with her sick event, she withdrew her blades into a defensive formation.

    The wolf lunged at her. She managed to duck and whip Sphynx, in her left hand, up and around to the wolf's stomach, cutting it open.

    The wolf landed awkwardly and turned towards her. She swung around to face the animal, feeling droplets of blood fall from her hair onto her cheek.

    "How dare you! If this stains, puppy..." She threatened, unrealising at that moment that animals don't talk.

    Tag: All

    OOC: Didn't know if I could kill it... so therefore, haven't... :)
  8. SephyCloneNo15 Jedi Grand Master

    Member Since:
    Apr 9, 2005
    star 5
    (GM's ooc: I'll be heading out tommorrow and be back on Friday, so I'm finishing off this fight in this post, and have soem fun interacting and maybe NPCing a few monsters of your own. On Friday, I'll do a full update)

    IC: Three...no. Two...no...Kalm Fangs

    As the leader's skull was bashed into oblivion by the small prey and another was hacked to bits, the last one scampered off deeper into the cave, occasionally running into walls in a comical matter due to its large blind spot from the bulet in its eye.

    Some members checked their watches. 5:43:22 left to find Codename JENOVA.

    Tag: Turks

    (GM's ooc2: I'm not leaving until Sunday noon-ish (WI time), so if you have dire need of a GM, I'll be here 'til then)
  9. Pheonix_Rising Jedi Knight

    Member Since:
    Jul 17, 2005
    star 3
    IC: Seig

    Sieg watches as the last of the monsters whimpers off into the caves. He smiles and throws an armed frag grenade after it, "That'll teach you..." He stops watching the beast and turns to the rest of the group, "We don't have time, let's go."

    He walks off and enters the cave, with an armed grenade in his hand.

    TAG: Others
  10. PressRedForFreakMode Jedi Knight

    Member Since:
    Apr 29, 2006
    star 3
    IC: Ylesia
    Training Grounds-Cave Entrance

    "Warm up exercise? I'm confused, what was the point of that?"

    Ylesia shook her head, and her untied hair swayed in the breeze. She sighed.

    "We need something more invigorating. Let us go."

    She pointed out and followed behind Sieg.

    Tag: All
  11. dontlookatmethatway Jedi Knight

    Member Since:
    Jul 5, 2005
    star 3
    IC: Victor Cain
    North Crater Mock-up, Shin-Ra Headquarters

    As quickly as it had begun, the encounter was over. One monster was chopped apart, the other was riddled with bullets. The third one, the one Victor had shot, was retreating to its lair, running awkwardly due to the lack of coordination induced by having its eye put out. A team member lobbed a grenade after it. Despite this, Victor was irritated, almost angry. He hadn't really helped the group very much. Others had done a lot more than him, which Victor didn't like.

    He knelt down, setting his sniper rifle on the ground in front of him. ?Let's reconfigure this thing.? he muttered under his breath. Out of the breast pocket of his suit, he pulled a matchbox-sized toolkit and removed one of the implements it held. Victor started to tinker with his weapon. Working with the implement was difficult, the price of portability and miniaturization. But Victor made up for this with his familiarity with both the tool and sniper rifle. His hands moved with skill born of long use. Finally, his desired changes were complete.

    Victor put the tools away and self-consciously patted himself down to make sure he still had the darts on his person. He took out three of them from an inside suit pocket to reassure himself. They were color-coded to show their function. The first one on the left was a light blue. It had two dark bands on it. The blue color denoted the fact that it was a soporific, the bands denoted, roughly, strength and duration of effect. The bands ranged from one to five. The center one was a light green, with dark green bands. It was poisoned, and, like the blue dart, the bands denoted potency and speed. Victor put those two away and held the third in the palm of his hand. ?Aphrodisiac.? he murmured. It was hot pink, with dark pink bands. Victor didn't know why he kept these darts around; he couldn't think of a use for them. He always justified their presence to himself by saying that they might come in handy one day. He hurriedly put that dart back into his suit and removed a three-band poisoned dart. Victor fitted in into the chamber of his sniper rifle and moved forward with the rest of the group.

    Tag: All
  12. Nethrin Jedi Knight

    Member Since:
    Jun 6, 2006
    star 2
    IC: Kael
    Training grounds

    Kael knelt down and took a look at Ai's leg. The cuts were not too deep but they couldnt be ignored. He took his tie off and tied it around the wound as a makeshift bandage.

    "I think it will be fine just with that, It doesn't look too bad." He said as he stood up.

    TAG: Ai





    IC: Ai
    Training grounds

    Ai stood patiently while Kael bandaged her leg.

    "I think it will be fine just with that, It doesn't look too bad." he said as he stood up.

    "thanks. I think we should catch up with the others."

    They walked into the cave behind the others

    TAG: Anyone
  13. PressRedForFreakMode Jedi Knight

    Member Since:
    Apr 29, 2006
    star 3
    IC: Ylesia
    Entering Caves

    From petty bickering, to playful banter, to a romantic walk in the parks?

    To Ylesia, it seemed like the ending to one of those films where everyone survives after a brutal killing connected to them. She was not made happy by this.

    "Action, please." She firmly quoted.

    Tag: All
  14. SephyCloneNo15 Jedi Grand Master

    Member Since:
    Apr 9, 2005
    star 5
    (GM's ooc: And I'm back. Expect an update later tonight, and dont, I can't wait to see what use you find for the Aphrodesiac dart [face_laugh] )
  15. SephyCloneNo15 Jedi Grand Master

    Member Since:
    Apr 9, 2005
    star 5
    IC: The Turks

    Following their encounter with the mutated Kalm Fangs, the Turks pressed on through the mazelike Crater replica. They saw little of anything besides fleeing Fangs. Hojo had miscalculated. Seeing the Alpha Male so thouroughly trounced had broken the spirits of the mutant wolves, and they fled from their leader's abusers.

    In unrealistically record time, they were nearing the center. A giant, glass replica of a natural Materia Crystal stood at the center, representing how they assumed Codename JENOVA would be preserved. Real Materia was not used so frivolously; it was far too valuable, but the glass was suitable.

    Suddenly the ground shook. Here was Hojo's 'surprise': A mutated version of the Dragons that prowled the Nibelheim Mountains and other areas of the world climbed out of a crack in the ground and positioned itself between the Turks and the Codename JENOVA replica.

    The massive quadruped stood roughly twice the height of a human at its shoulder, with a long, muscular neck supporting a pointed head. Its scales were the same sickly green of the wolves' skin, and they glowed with a faint blue-green Mako coloring.

    Tag: Turks
    ----------------------------------------------
    IC: Syke Gurval and Hojo
    Crater Replica: Observation floor

    The floor was like an extremely durable one-way mirror. Syke, Hojo, and a team of scientists monitoring everything, from the health of the Turks to Hojo's twisted experiments, could see the whole Crater, and no one inside the training area would be able to tell that there was a glass celing, except by careful observation that they did not have the time for.

    "Well, Syke," Hojo's voice broke the hush of the Observation Floor. Everyone had been watching in quiet awe as the beast that they believed would certainly tear the Turks to shreds rose from the floor. Most hadn't even known any mutants besides the Kalm Fangs existed in the training area, "Is it accurate?"

    Syke was appalled that the monster had been created. The Crater hadn't tested their teamwork like he had planned. Instead of forcing them to work together, the monsters had fled, a failure Hojo had certainly noted. "Accurate? Well, it looks prety accurate, but it's tough to say until I see its damage potential."

    "According to your teammates, this will be more damaging than the real thing." Syke's jaw dropped as Hojor grinned, "A perfect simulation for the effects of Advanced Mako Fatigue. Come, I'll show you the specs."

    Hojo was treating his monster like some sort of hardware. As Syke read over the paperwork, he became concerned for his team. It attacked primarily with razor-sharp claws and a muscular tail that could easily knock a man off his feet onto the jagged rocks. The normal Firesack draconaris had been augmented to deliver a trifecta of potent vapors in a conic radius. Superheated poisonous Mako-overloaded gases would spew from the dragon's mouth and either instantly or slowly kill one of his Turks if they didn't get medical assistance quickly. "You're a monster, Hojo, and you've made a monster too."

    Tag: None
  16. PressRedForFreakMode Jedi Knight

    Member Since:
    Apr 29, 2006
    star 3
    IC: Ylesia
    Cave-esque Environment

    Behold, a giant mutated Dragon stood rose before her.

    Not an emotional flicker of worry or panic was to be seen. All that emitted from her, was lack of patience.

    "And now what? Big greeny's gonna stop us?"

    She looked around at the group before moving into an offensive stance.

    "You gonna throw some blow ups, Mr.?"

    Tag: Phoenix Rising
  17. Pheonix_Rising Jedi Knight

    Member Since:
    Jul 17, 2005
    star 3
    IC: Seig

    Seig winks at her with one of his emerald eyes, the color of Mako..."I had better get a date for this." he says as he runs forwards, pulling out and activating his Lightning Grenades, "Eat Thundaga, you overgrown garden snake." Jumping as high as he can he throws the grenades towards it's head.

    TAG: Turks.
  18. PressRedForFreakMode Jedi Knight

    Member Since:
    Apr 29, 2006
    star 3
    IC: Ylesia
    Crater

    "I had better get a date for this."

    Ylesia smiled. She felt a sense of happiness. Odd. Pure.

    "If that's what you want!" She sniggered.

    "Now. Party time."

    Tag: All
  19. Twinky_Stryder Jedi Master

    Member Since:
    Nov 16, 2003
    star 4
    IC: Ai

    Ai hit the floor as the grenade exploded, her injury flairing with pain.
    "Are you sure that a full-on offemsive is the best way to go?"
    She stood slowly, looking round for the creature, her nunchaku in hand.
    "What is that thing anyway?"

    TAG: any

    OOC: I'm baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack!!!
  20. PressRedForFreakMode Jedi Knight

    Member Since:
    Apr 29, 2006
    star 3
    IC: Ylesia
    Training

    "Are you sure that a full-on offemsive is the best way to go?"

    "For some people. Others, like you and I, should wait for the creature to be focused elsewhere before we attack."

    "What is that thing anyway?"

    Ylesia chuckled.

    "Your average oh-so-scary Dragon."

    She began to step back, Katanas raised, carefully watching the Dragon's antics, waiting for the right time to attack.

    Tag: All
  21. Nethrin Jedi Knight

    Member Since:
    Jun 6, 2006
    star 2
    IC: Kael
    Training


    "Your average oh-so-scary Dragon."

    Kael aimed his guns at the head of the huge beast and let of a volly of gun-fire while walking forward toward it. When He got next to Ylesia he stopped.

    "I think that the grenades are going to work the best but you never know. I may get a good shot in."

    TAG: Any
  22. PressRedForFreakMode Jedi Knight

    Member Since:
    Apr 29, 2006
    star 3
    IC: Ylesia
    Training

    "I think that the grenades are going to work the best but you never know. I may get a good shot in."

    "You may, yes."

    Ylesia began to circle to the right side of the beast, looking for an attacking opportunity.

    Tag: ALL
  23. SephyCloneNo15 Jedi Grand Master

    Member Since:
    Apr 9, 2005
    star 5
    IC: Dragon

    As the grenade called a flurry of lightning upon the Dragon, it searched for the cause, angry at the pain it was in. Before it could react, tiny bullets bounced harmlessly off its scales.

    It roared and swiped his tail accross, apt to hit the whole party.

    Tag: Turks
  24. Twinky_Stryder Jedi Master

    Member Since:
    Nov 16, 2003
    star 4
    IC: Ai

    Ai saw the tail coming.
    "LOOK OUT!" She called to the others.
    Bracing herself, she jumped up and flipped over the tip of the tail as it came at her. She landed as best as she could and got up quickly. This wasn't a situation for close combat and she couldn't help but feel useless.
    "It must have a weak point of some kind." She said to Kael, who was nearest.

    TAG: Kael, anyone
  25. Nethrin Jedi Knight

    Member Since:
    Jun 6, 2006
    star 2
    IC: Kael

    Kael heard Ai shout out a warning and jumped over the tail as it came at him. He landed heavely on his back. He stood up and tried to catch his breath.

    "It must have a weak point of some kind."

    "but whatever it is I can't tell. We hit it with a granade and we have shot it but we still cant seem to bring it down. But we can't give up. Theres got to be something"

    Kael held out one of his guns to Ai.

    "If you want a ranged weapon you can have one of mine."

    TAG: Ai

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.