main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Final Fantasy X-2 (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by Errant_Venture, Nov 28, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dehrian

dehrian Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 18, 1999
    Okay, got the awesome chocobo (no idea what to do with him, though), beat the big ugly in bikanel desert (using Rikku and Yuna dark knights and Paine as an almost mastered alchemist; still working on elixir or ether: whichever one requires 999 battles), and am digging like crazy trying to get enough parts to the get the djose experiment up to full power so I can fight it and get an episode complete on djose.

Question, though. I heard the only way to get the mascot dress sphere is to get a complete on all areas except for bevelle, but the guide book has mt. gagazet being completed after bevelle. Which one's right? I want to make sure I get that dress sphere.

2. urgent_jedi_picnic

urgent_jedi_picnic Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 14, 2003
    Well, the guide is actually wrong in regards to the Mascot dress-sphere. Contrary to what it said, you can get an episode complete in Bevelle without helping New Yevon, and before completing Via Infinito.

I followed the book instructions to a T my second time through, going for the 100. It said I wouldn't get the episode complete, but lo & behold, I got it.

As for which you have to do first; Bevelle or Gagazet, I don't think it matters. Or at least, I don't recall making a conscious decision to do one first for any reason. However, I do seem to recall something saying not to get the Zanarkand Ep Complete last, or something like that. I definately did that, and completed that episode after Besaid.

Once I had all the episode completes, it went to a cut scene on the ship and I got the sphere. :cool:

3. JEDI-SOLO

JEDI-SOLO Force Ghost star 6

Feb 12, 2002
    I got the game when it came out and only played it for about two days before I started replaying Morrowind. I got to Mt. Gazezat? and lost intrest in the game. Reading all yalls post now though it looks like I need to reconsider and get back in the game.

4. son_of_the_tear

son_of_the_tear Jedi Master star 5

Jun 23, 1999
    Some areas, have more than one way to get an episode complete, such as Bevelle or Calm Lands (chocobo dungeon instead of PR).

The only thing, you have to be careful of is, make sure you don't save Zanarkand for las in Chapter 5. Hell, get it out of the way first so you won't forget.

5. dehrian

Mar 18, 1999
    I haven't done the Via Infinito, but I did get an episode complete on all areas, but still no Mascot dress sphere. (And I did do Zanarkand early.) Do I have to do the Via Infinito to get the dress sphere?

6. son_of_the_tear

Jun 23, 1999
    No you don't.

That is optional.

Go to the map screen and check the status of every area and if it says episode complete.

If on one of them it says "episode concluded", then you are out of luck.

I've noticed that most, including me, mess it up at Moonflow by either not making profit on the tickets or by losing even one piece of luggage.

The way it works, when you get Episode Complete in the lat area missing, you'll be transported to the air ship and Brother will give you Mascot.

If you want, do Via Infinito. It is so worth it for the goods you get (and it does give you optional % points to make up for any you miss now or in new game plus).

At leat, the first 40 floors, which will nail you the final Crimson Sphere and catnip.

7. dehrian

Mar 18, 1999
    Well, the highlights for every area are gone, so it's saying there's no missions left in any area, and I know I got an episode complete in every area: I remember seeing them.

8. son_of_the_tear

Jun 23, 1999
    Don't go by highlights. Just check the staus titles and description. Do it again to make sure.

9. Rebecca191

Rebecca191 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 2, 1999
    Hey, this topic is back. :)

I thought I was done with this game but I'm playing it again because I got the International version. I also screwed up early on with the Moonflow this time, lost a piece of luggage. (I swear, I am destined to never get all Episode Completes - this is my FOURTH time playing this game and I have never done it) Luckily, there is a second way to get Mascot in Int., but you have to win some pretty hard optional boss fights - so no luck yet. It's like I am not meant to have it. :(

10. dehrian

Mar 18, 1999
    Don't go by highlights. Just check the staus titles and description.

How do I do that? Just click on it as if I want to go there and see what it says?

11. son_of_the_tear

Jun 23, 1999
    Yeah. Just run the selection highlight over them. Not sure if you have to press a button. But you know when the little mission description box comes up on each area, on top of that box check if it says "concluded" or "completed".

12. urgent_jedi_picnic

Jan 14, 2003
    I made the same mistake myself on my first time through the game. Thought I had completed things, when they had only concluded. For example:

In Besaid, I didn't get Wakka to name the kid, so I only got an "Episode Concluded," as opposed to a completion.

13. dehrian

Mar 18, 1999
    Okay, I've got an episode complete on all areas except for Calm Lands. On that area, it says I still have some publicity stuff to do. I checked the guide, and it says I should find out if I'm a winner when I arrive in the Calm Lands, and that I should talk to somebody to the left of the shop. But I don't find out anything about being a winner, and there's no one to the left of the shop. I've gone around the country side talking to everyone I can find, and I've got a 117 rating and level 2, but still nothing happening in Calm Lands. I really don't know what I'm supposed to do. Am I supposed to try to talk to every single person in the game?

14. urgent_jedi_picnic

Jan 14, 2003
    Not sure if level 2 is enough, off the top of my head.

It depends which company you're promoting for. If it's Argent, it's actually the people by the hovercraft due east of the shop in the center of the Calm Lands. If Open Air, it's the people by the hovercraft near the base of the down hill entrance of the Calm Lands (looking at the map, think south west corner).

If you didn't get it, you can still do the chocobo stuff to get the Episode Complete! ;)

EDIT: the PR campaign is something I cheated to do (used the guide). Essentially, to get the highest rating, I had to talk to everyone who will talk to you for PR in the game once in every chapter. That's what gave me the level 5.

15. son_of_the_tear

Jun 23, 1999
    To win the PR mission, you have to reach Level 5. Don't worry if you already visited it and the higlight cleared. You can go back and promote for more points. And if you can't do that, you can play games to win PR points. But it takes a lot and I mean a lot of cash to play enough to get points. You don't have to win. Just spend and spend credits.

But that is a bit of a pain in the ass, especially if you are far behind.

Just do the hidden Chocobo Dungeon. Clear it, beat the boss and claim the amazing Chocobo by opening all the doors which will unlock the middle door where the Amazing chocobo is.

16. dehrian

Mar 18, 1999
    Just do the hidden Chocobo Dungeon. Clear it, beat the boss and claim the amazing Chocobo by opening all the doors which will unlock the middle door where the Amazing chocobo is.

I've already done that. Apparently, it's not enough.

So I can spend credits to level up? I'll have to do that, then, because I've run out of people to talk to, and can't figure out any other way. I've got about 800,000 gil I don't know what to do with, so I may as well buy credits and play some games, if I can do it that way.

17. son_of_the_tear

Jun 23, 1999
    You cleared it and nothing?

Strange. I didn't do the PR mission cause I didn;t have enough points nor money for it. So I did the Chocobo Dungeon in Chapter 5.

Hmmm... what Chapter did you do it in? Maybe that could be it.

If not, there is New Game Plus. Which is worth it cause you carry over so much and get to see different events. If you didn't get Mascot, don't worry too much. I didn't.

Just... do the fist 40 floors of Via Infinito so you can get catnip, which will make your New Game Plus faster, easier and make the rest of Via Infinito so much easier when ever you decide to do it.

18. dehrian

Mar 18, 1999
    What chapter did I do what in? Join the publicity campaign? I really don't remember. I cleared the dungeon in chapter 5.

19. son_of_the_tear

Jun 23, 1999
    If you cleared the dungeon is Chapter 5, you should have gotten an episode complete... unless there was one thing you didn't do in Calm Lands.

20. urgent_jedi_picnic

Jan 14, 2003
    Did you try to find the shop owner's son a wife?

21. Rebecca191

Rebecca191 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 2, 1999
    That's not connected to Episode Complete... I got Episode Complete in the US version there months ago without doing the marriage sidequest, just the publicity.

I skipped the publicity this time since I had already messed up the damn suitcase rescue mission. Getting episode completes in this game is EVIL.

22. son_of_the_tear

Jun 23, 1999
    Yup. Marriage is not needed for Episode Complete.

Just publicity OR Chocobo Dungeon.

Hmmm...

Strange. Try visiting the cave under the bridge in Calm Lands, talking to people again. There has to be something. This is really odd.

23. urgent_jedi_picnic

Jan 14, 2003
    Yeah, I wasn't sure if it was. It was the only thing I could think of. It does yield a speed bracer, which has come in very handy.

24. NatNut1

NatNut1 Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 12, 2003
  25. dehrian

Mar 18, 1999
    I'll try some more this weekend. There's gotta be something there I've missed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.