Final Fantasy X . . . Help please!

Discussion in 'Games' started by GoldenVeila, Jan 13, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AquaRose Force Ghost

star 4
    Your bro calls me EP I call him EP its a computer nerd thing, you would not understand(unless you become a comp person when you grow up you are not a comp nerd.)
  2. GoldenVeila Jedi Master

star 4
    I did it! :D :D :D I beat Maester Seymour! Um, the first time that is.. [face_plain] *sigh* Can't he just stay dead? Anyway, now I'm at the desert island part where no one can find Yuna and you have to find all the other characters one by one...
  3. 1stAD Jedi Youngling

star 5
    Hehe, I just did 1.2 million damage on a boss with Tidus' Blitz Ace and his Caladblog weapon... :D
  4. AquaRose Force Ghost

star 4
    Good for you Veila, now do not play the game again till I come over! Please? I really wanna watch you!
  5. Twink_Kee Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Okay, I've got a question about the story (not so much about the game). This takes place during Mt Gagazet, so...

SPOILERS (highlight to read):

[color=EEE4E4]I just got through Tidus' dream sequence where all the Fayth are at Gagazet. It's the dream sequence where his at Zanarkand, and he encounters the little boy.

Okay: this is what I gather of the dream: Zanarkand and Bevelle were at war. Instead of the being the center of Yevon, it seems that Bevelle was the center of machina, while Zanarkand hosted the summoners. So, Bevelle's machina basically wasted Zanarkand and its people. Now, here's the part that confuses me:

In order to preserve Zanarkand, the surviving decide to become fayth for the summoning (for what reason, I don't know). The fayth's dreams then became the summoned memories of the city, including Titus and his family. What the hell is with that? So Tidus, Jecht, and all the people of Zanarkand (at the beginning of the game) didn't exist? They were just dreams? The boy tells Tidus that he (Tidus) and Jecht are keeping the fayth from sleeping. If so, why/how are Tidus and Jecht "keeping the fayth from sleeping"? I assume Sin can transfer himself from between the real world and the dream world (Zanarkand). Sin transferred Titus, Jecht to the real world (and I guess Auron, too)? But then again, how is that keeping the fayth from sleeping?

Damn this whole thing is confusing. If somebody can explain it in easier, I'd appreciate it. BUT...[/color]

...If it is pretty much explained later on the story, never mind. I'm just trying to make sure I'm not missing something here. I hope it's just some incoherent story to make it look smart. If there are elements of it that I'm screwing up, please explain. But I don't want the story spoiled if it's gonna be explained later on.
  6. 1stAD Jedi Youngling

star 5
    SPOILERS: (Scroll down...I'm too lazy to do the color markups...

1)The "boy" is Bahamut's fayth that you keep encountering throughout the game.
    2)Tidus and Jecht did exist at one time, but are now part of the dream of the Fayth.

I don't want to explain any more until you get finished with Zanarkand, because much more is revealed to you.
  7. Twink_Kee Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Thank you so much.

I knew the part about the boy being Bahamut's fayth, I just wasn't quite sure at what he was getting at.

Thanks for not spoiling me. :)
  8. Twink_Kee Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Okay, I got through Zanarkand last night.

Thanks again for not spoiling me :D

It all makes so much sense now (except for the dreams part, which I guess I will understand later).
  9. Rebecca191 Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Blech. I'm even more confused about the ending after reading the translation of FFX International's extra scene.

What is the point? Unless they plan a sequal there is no point at all to the epilogue.
  10. Twink_Kee Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Do you have a link to that (ending translation), Rebecca191?
  11. Rebecca191 Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    http://thegia.com/news/0201/n31a.html

But I don't reccomend reading it unless you beat FFX.
  12. Twink_Kee Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Oh, I'm not going to.

Thanks yet again. :)
  13. pat-fett Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    I got this game about a week. Man this game rocks. I've loged almost fifty hours already. Right now I'm at the part right after you beat Seymor for the third time. I love the new leveling system. One question I should be getting the airship soon right?
  14. SithForceLord Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    sounds GHEY - youve beaten the same guy 3 times now?

[DrEvil]riiiiiiiiiiiight[/DrEvil]
  15. pat-fett Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Yeah, but this guy is a bitch to beat after the third time if you don't have overdrives maxed out.
  16. SithForceLord Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Jargon /'jahg(e)n/ noun 1 the terminology or idiom of a particular activity or group: scientific jargon. 2a odscure and often pretentious language. b confused unintelligible language.

/\ you choose which one applies. :D
  17. pat-fett Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    lol

[image=http://www.electromark.com/xp2/template_images/guest20020131221146.jpg]
  18. SithForceLord Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    [image=http://www.electromark.com/xp2/template_images/guest20020131215107.jpg]
  19. 1stAD Jedi Youngling

star 5
    Bah, that epilogue disk ruins the game. The ending was fine before, though maybe the scene after the credits should have been removed.

Too many cheesy chichés in this...

At least I'm not going to waste another $50 on this game...unless they make a boss that is HARDER to beat than Nemesis.
  20. Rebecca191 Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    You must have been insanely leveled up not to find the bosses hard!
  21. 1stAD Jedi Youngling

star 5
    Hehe, I guess so. In my game Yuna does a physical attack of 99,999 damage. Nemesis was a challenge for a while, but after you get your strength, defense, etc... to about 180 each, he's such a pushover it isn't funny.

The regular bosses are a huge pushover, though. The true challenge of the game lies in the Monster Arena in the Calm Lands.

EDIT: Don't you know the Cactuar King AP trick? In 30 minutes I gained about 60 S Levels with my characters...
  22. Twink_Kee Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Okay, I finally beat the game last night. And, after reading the International ending afterwards, I must agree that it is completely pointless. In fact, I thought the epilogue after the credits ruined the emotion ending as well. The only thing I can think of is that they're planning on adding those characters and scenarios into the FFXI online game. I think a direct sequel to a Final Fantasy game is a bad idea.

Anyways, here are my thoughts on what should have been the epilogue...if any:

FFX SPOILERS! Highlight to read:

[color=eee4e4]In my opinion, a better epilogue would take place on the Farplane. Braska thanks Tidus for taking care of his daughter. Jecht thanks Auron for guiding his boy then Jecht thanks Tidus for ending it all. In turn, for the first time Tidus tells his father that he loves him. And, for the first time in the game, we see a single tear stream down Auron's cheek. Mushy, I know. But what the hey...[/color]

Also, I created a timeline of the game to get a better grasp of the story.

MORE FFX SPOILERS! Highlight to read:

[color=eee4e4]1000+ years before FFX - Tidus and his family are real, and live in the real Zanarkand.

1000+ years before FFX - Zanarkand and Bevelle are both at war. Zanarkand is real and alive (in Spira), and they sing the "Hymn of the Fayth" in defiance of Bevelle. Bevelle bars the song. Bevelle uses machina, Zanarkand uses Summoning.

1000 years before FFX - Bevelle launches it assault on Zanarkand. Zanarkand is all but destroyed by Bevelle's machina. Zanarkand's survivors escape to Mt. Gagazet to become fayth for the summoning. Zanarkand leader, Yu Yevon, creates/dreams Sin. Bevelle's armies attack Gagazet. Sin appears, and chases them away. Sin completely destroys Zanarkand, but Yu Yevon's daughter (Lady Yunalesca) and her lover (Lord Zaon) escape. The fayth summon a dream Zanarkand.

1000 years before FFX - Sin begins a reign of terror in SPira, destroying the machina cities. Lady Yunalesca uses Lord Zaon as her fayth/aeon in the Final Summoning to defeat Sin. Yunalesca dies. And Zaon, the Final Aeon, becomes the next Sin (because Yu Yevon, who resides within Sin using Sin as his armor, merges with this Final Aeon to create the new Sin). Yunalesca's unsent self moves into the ruins of Zanarkand. A Calm of ten years (without Sin) begins.

1000 years before FFX - Meanwhile, fearing Yu Yevon's Sin, the leaders of Bevelle create a religion devoted to worshiping Yevon and following his precepts. Thus, most machina (since it was used to destroy Yevon's Zanarkand) is banned, while the "Hymn of Fayth" is unbanned and made scripture. This is also where Zanarkand's Blitzball "victory" motion becomes the prayer motion of Yevon. Bevelle also adopts Zanarkand's Blitzball.

999 years to 10 years before FFX - Every ten years, Summoners use the Final Summoning to defeat Sin. Each time, the new Final Aeon becomes the next Sin.

10+ years before FFX - The fayth summon/create/dream up Tidus, Jecht, and his family in their dream Zanarkand.

10+ years before FFX - In the real world (Spira), Braska's daughter, Yuna is born. Shortly thereafter, Braska's wife is killed by Sin. Braska decides to become a Summoner to defeat Sin.

10 years before FFX - Braska and his guardian, Auron, go on the pilgrimage to obtain the Final Aeon and defeat Sin.

10 years before FFX - Sin is floating around the waters of the dream Zanarkand. He can enter into the dream world because he is created by Yu Yevon. With his makeup, Sin enjoys the "Hymn of the Fayth" which he hears in the dream Zanarkand. Jecht - Tidus' father - is also swimming in these waters. He comes in contact with Sin, and is transported into the real world (Spira). Jecht becomes real.

10 years before FFX - Braska and Auron rescue Jecht from prison in Spira. Jecht becomes a guardian, and accompanies them on the pilgrimage. Jecht eventually volunteers to become the Final Aeon. Beforehand, Auron promises Jecht that he will go to the dream Zanarkand and watch over Jecht's dream son, Tid
  23. Twink_Kee Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Some of my timeframes about how often Sin is defeated and a Calm lasts are wrong.
  24. 1stAD Jedi Youngling

star 5
    Sin is not soothed by the Hymn of the Fayth. Only Jecht is. I suspect the Fayth recreated Tidus and Jecht because they knew that the only way for Yevon to be defeated was to battle the Final Aeon without aeons of their own. If you notice during the battle with Braska's Final Aeon, Tidus can talk to it and lower it's overdrive gauge. Only Tidus could reach Jecht.

Now, Yevon not being evil is quite interesting.

Speculation: Yu Yevon appears in the form of a tick, a kind of parasite. I think he exists only to summon the dream of the Fayth, and the Fayth exist only to feed Yevon's power. Perhaps Yevon is no longer in control, doomed to eternally summon the dream of the Fayth.
  25. SithForceLord Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Every time I see this thread, I imagine Pat-fett trying to kill this "boss" for another time and is needing help.

heh heh heh
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.