main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Final Fantasy X . . . Help please!

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by GoldenVeila, Jan 13, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pat-fett

pat-fett Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 17, 2001
    Actualy the game's bosses are pretty easy if you know what your doing and are at the right level. The hard part is some of the side quest. I spent like a hour tring to catch butterflies.

2. SithForceLord

SithForceLord Jedi Master star 6

Jul 2, 2001
    lol.

pretty butterflies, come to me!

COME HERE GAWD DAMNIT!

3. pat-fett

Mar 17, 2001
    Exactly :p

4. SithForceLord

SithForceLord Jedi Master star 6

Jul 2, 2001
    catching butterflies reminds me of my ultimate game, that I posted about a few weeks back. I'll try find the url.

here we go

:p

5. 1stAD

1stAD Jedi Youngling star 5

May 10, 2001
    Man, some of the quests to get the Sigils were just ridiculous. I think the best time I got on the race against the Chocobo Trainer was 0.6.5.

Instead of doing most those ridiculous side quests, I fought One-Eye a bunch of times at the Monster Arena and got Triple Overdrive weapons. The hardest part is getting enough Dark Matters to get Break Damage Limit (60 of them) for ONE character.

I hate this game 8-}

6. Twink_Kee

Twink_Kee Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 1, 2001
    >>Sin is not soothed by the Hymn of the Fayth. Only Jecht is.<<

Actually, Sin is soothed by the Hymn. Not just the Jecht/Sin. And I suspect it is because Yu Yevon is responsible.

When you go back and talk to all the fayths at the Temples toward the end of the game, one of them (I think the Ifrit fayth) tells you that Sin was lurking in the waters of dream Zanarkand, listening to the Hymn of the fayth, when Jecht touched it and got transported to Spira.

>>Now, Yevon not being evil is quite interesting.

Speculation: Yu Yevon appears in the form of a tick, a kind of parasite. I think he exists only to summon the dream of the Fayth, and the Fayth exist only to feed Yevon's power. Perhaps Yevon is no longer in control, doomed to eternally summon the dream of the Fayth.
    <<

There was a previous question I had about why Yevon created Sin, and I think I answered it myself:

I got to thinking last night when starting the game over, and I remembered what the Bahamut fayth said about Yu Yevon. Yu Yevon lives for the summoning. I also remembered that I kinda was wrong in my timeline when I said the fayth created the dream Zanarkand. Yu Yevon draws from their dreams to create the Zanarkand. That's why the group was wondering who was drawing all this power from them on Gagazet. That's why the fayth can't stop dreaming, and they need Tidus to end it (by destroying Yu Yevon)

So, since Yu Yevon lives for the summoning, he is a parasite. Yevon created Sin so that Summoners will call upon the fayth. Thus Yevon could continue to have summoning forever, because it would be a neverending cycle. In a sense, his motives weren't evil. Just the results.

7. pat-fett

Mar 17, 2001
    I found the choocobo race challenging. I beat it last night night. That makes four ultimate weapons I've unlocked.

8. Twink_Kee

Oct 1, 2001
    I guess it's impossible to get 6 treasure chests at the Remiem Temple Chocobo race.

9. pat-fett

Mar 17, 2001
    I haven't given that one much thought after four chests.

10. Twink_Kee

Oct 1, 2001
    You can get five, if you're lucky (I have).

11. Twink_Kee

Oct 1, 2001
    Maybe this map will help those who are having trouble with the butterfly games:

HERE

And maybe this one will help those who have trouble with the Remiem Temple race:

HERE

:)

12. GoldenVeila

GoldenVeila Jedi Master star 4

Aug 16, 2001
    *ahem*

Hello. Wow was I surprised to see my topic revived from the depths of the boards... *shields eyes* Noooo, spoilers, ending spoilers, noooo! :p (I haven't beat the game, ha, not even close. I'm still stuck on the third battle with Seymour. Can't that guy stay dead? Sheesh...)

13. 1stAD

May 10, 2001
    I've just started to play Blitzball, trying to get all of Wakka's reels and weapon powerups. My team currently consists of:

Tidus - LF
    Wedge - RF
    Brother - MF
    Botta - LD
    Rin - RD
    Keepa - GL
    Datto - bench warmer
    Wakka - bench warmer

Now I've played about 20 games in the league and have won two tournaments. And no losses. I usually kick the crap out of the Luca Goers (a team that's WORSE than the Ronso), Ronso Rage, and Kilika Beasts, but the Al Bhed Psyches and Guado Glories are fast and have great blocking/attack. Those two teams consistently prevent me from shooting or even getting close to shooting, though I do beat them by a margin of three points.

My team is good, but far from perfect. Tidus and Brother are my two main players. Brother has extremely high pass, speed, tackle, and blocking stats. He'll get the ball from the opponent and toss it to Tidus, regardless of his position. I usually run in and out of enemy formations with Brother and attract 3-5 of the enemy players away, then make a fast break and pass to Tidus. Sometimes I do this with Wedge because he has a higher AT value, but his pass is extremely low (3) and I have to use a Nap Pass to make up the distance (at a cost of 510 hp). If Tidus comes up against 2 or 3 blockers, I'll use the Jecht Shot to score. Otherwise, I'll do a normal shot or sphere shot (depends on the goalie's CA level). Once in a while the enemy covers Tidus mercilessly and I use Brother or Wedge to shoot.

The problem with my team is that it relies entirely on Wedge, Tidus, and Brother to work the enemy (quite well actually). Sure, I score on average 4-8 points every game, but against the better teams (Al Bhed, Guado) they blow past my attackers and cut through my really weak defenders. Then Keepa is my last line of defense, since he has a CA of 14 and the ability Super Goalie).

Any ideas for two good defenders?

14. AquaRose

AquaRose Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 6, 2001
    As Veila said, stop giving her spoilers help her with the place she is not the future!

15. Twink_Kee

Oct 1, 2001
    Okay, here's what you need to to do with Seymour Flux:

First off, my advice before taking on a big boss is to always run around before the fight and build up your characters (and Aeons) overdrive meters. This will also increase your sphere levels in the process.

Now, as for the battle itself:

You should start out with Tidus, Yuna and Khimari. They all have the Trigger/Talk command available. Have all three of them talk to Seymour, thus raising their stats during battle.

Have Tidus then caste Hasteaga, and have Yuna cast Protect on everyone. Sometimes Seymour will cast Dispel on the group, and you'll have to repeat the process.

Seymour will perform an attack that will turn one character into a Zombie. On his next turn, he will perform a Full-Life spell that will kill that Zombied charater. So, before he casts Full-Life, you need to use the Holy Water item on that Zombied character.

You should also try Silence and Bio on Seymour.

When you see the Mortiochris begin to charge (for its Total Annihilation attack), you need to attack it to deplete all of it's HP. This will delay its Total Annihilation attack, because he will have to draw HP from Seymour instead. Then you should bring in Auron and Lulu at this point.

Its also a good idea to case Protect and Shell at this point too, because Seymour will start casting Flare.

When Mortiochris finally performs Total Annihilation, use a Mega-Potion quickly afterwards. Then have Yuna summon her overdrived Aeons, and have your other characters perform their overdrives.

If you can, try to bring in all your characters to get them some AP.

Hope that helps. :)

If you still have problems, I suggest you spend some time leveling up your characters.

16. pat-fett

Mar 17, 2001
    I just started getting into Blitz ball. Can anyone give me a list of all characters I can recruit and where to find them? So far I only have Wakka and Rin. From what 1stAD said I'll get Brother on the team.

17. GoldenVeila

Aug 16, 2001
    I beat Seymour!!! :D :D :D I'm soooo happy. Phew. I hated that guy so much...

What's funny is that when he died I'm like "Whoo! Goodbye Seymour, I hated you so..." In my head I added *And stay dead!* A few seconds later, Tidus goes "Phew... AND STAY UP THERE!" Hehe. I love that about Tidus. Always saying outloud what I'm thinking. I really like how when the random battles come, sometimes he's like " *groan* Not again...", which is just what I was thinking.

I know, I'm weird. :p Yes, I did yell at my TV screen after I killed Seymour.

18. 1stAD

May 10, 2001
    Go to Gamefaqs.com for a Blitzball FAQ. It lists all the players and their locations.

Brother is found piloting the airship. Wedge and Biggs are the two guards in front of the Luca blitzball stadium.

I just got Wakka's Status Reels...still undefeated.

Once I finish with my perfect game, I'm gonna start a no sphere grid game [face_shocked]

19. Twink_Kee

Oct 1, 2001
    I know how you feel, GoldenVeila. I've caught myself talking out loud to this game a couple of times. That's how I know it's good. I never do that. 8-}

--------

1stAd, I'm in the middle of a "Gameshark" replay version of the game [face_devil]

It's a blast! :D

Its good in a way, cause you can focus solely on the story without worrying about building up levels and such. I've really picked up on a lot of things this time around (story-wise) that I missed when I played it through the first time. :cool:

20. GoldenVeila

Aug 16, 2001
    Lol yeah I barely ever talk to games either. Like when

(um FFX spoilers, although if someone is still reading this thread, there seem to be a lot of spoilers already so...)

**SPOILERS**

Auron told Tidus that Sin was Jecht, I was like "What?!?! Oh my gosh! Ohhh my gosh.." and kept mumbling that for like two minutes. :p And sometimes, like when Seymour showed up again on Mt.Gagazet, I'll just gasp really loud. :D

end spoilers

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.