main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Final Preparations--Anakin/Padmé Mush, Third and Final Part 5/12/03

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by MissPadme, Apr 28, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MissPadme

MissPadme Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 9, 1998
    What, the world doesn't need another pre-wedding Anakin/Padmé story?

Tough! :p

This is a three-parter, longer than my usual vignettes, but not a long epic either. I started writing this summer 2002 and basically struggled with it until now.

And without much further ado...Part One!

Final Preparations
    by MissPadme
    Rated PG for wedding jitters, mush, and flashbacks
    Disclaimer: Characters and situations belong King George; no money is being made off this story.

The young man straightened his freshly-pressed clothes as he looked at himself in the mirror. He had gotten the hang of dressing himself with his new hand and no longer required assistance. The metallic hand hung loosely at his side, the wide tunic sleeves obscuring all but the golden fingertips.

Even though his beloved had assured him the prosthetic didn?t change her love for him, he still felt self-conscious about it and had avoided touching her with it if possible.

Don?t think on it now, Anakin reproached himself, it?s your wedding day. He knew he and Padmé were destined to be husband and wife since he first laid eyes on her as a boy. Now it was all coming true. The thought made him tingle with excitement and nervousness. He recalled having the same feelings when riding the turbolift up to her Coruscant suite with Master Obi-Wan. He had them again only a few days beforehand when he knelt humbly before her, head bowed, and requested of her the honor of becoming his wife.

He grinned, recalling the joy and elation that surged through him when she said, ?Yes.? Then they made their plans, both of them knowing there was only one place in the universe where they would exchange their vows. When the question arose as to who could be counted upon to perform the ceremony in secret, Padmé had said she knew the right place to seek out an officiant.

Once on Naboo, secretly ensconced away in the Lake Country, Padme had guided Anakin uphill on an unpaved path toward an ancient abbey. The two had gone alone that morning with the droids back at the retreat. Their cloaks had been drawn to conceal their identities as much as to ward against the chill morning air...

They reached the top of the hill and the massive wooden door entrance to the abbey. The archway above the doors bore a motto in Naboo?s pre-Aurebesh cuneiform, the kind Anakin had seen on the royal starfighters. ?There is no higher law than love,? Padmé translated.

?I couldn?t agree more,? Anakin said, favoring Padmé with a lopsided grin.

?We?ll find what we need here,? she replied, smiling back at him. An old-fashioned bell and a thin rope hung above the doorway, just below the painted motto. Anakin pulled on the rope, clanging the bell.

Moments later, a holy man dressed in the simple vestments of his order opened the wooden door. ?Good morning, my children,? he said with a formal bow. ?How may I be of service to you??

?We wish to see a
    pater,? Padmé said.

?Ah, I see,? the holy man beamed. ?Right this way, my children.?

The holy man led the couple across a courtyard into one of the abbey?s old vine-encrusted buildings. Its halls were cool and silent but for their footsteps. The holy man stopped at a door, gently knocked, then entered. He turned and beckoned Anakin and Padmé to follow him.

The room was the study of another holy man, an elderly fellow, who had been studying ancient written texts on actual parchment. The chamber was as sparse and simple as any Anakin had seen at the Jedi Temple, but the furnishings and old scrolls reflected a different tradition.

?Welcome,? the holy man said, getting up from his studies to bow before Anakin and Padme. ?Brother Morteno says you require a
    pater??

?Yes, Father,? Padmé replied.

?We wish to be married,? Anakin added.

The holy man smiled knowingly. ?It is our duty to Love to bless those hearts who wish to be united as one. When do you plan to have the ceremony??

?Today, at sunset, if possible,? Anakin said.

?It shall be done. And where is the ceremony

2. JDH3

JDH3 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 27, 2003
    One of my favorite authors returns, cheers loudly. Great start, need more, want more. A/P mush awlays a good thing in my oppinion. Your 18+ story needed the rating and was very well done also. Ok keep it up parts 2-3 soon please:)

3. -LadyVader-

-LadyVader- Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 30, 2002
    Wonderful! I would have never thought of going into detail on the Holy Men! Great Job!

-LadyVader

4. stacysatrip

stacysatrip Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 20, 2002
    Great job! Hope Ani doesn't get the jitters too bad.

5. rhonderoo

rhonderoo Former Head Admin star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 7, 2002
    Great start AP! You have the characters down pat, but I guess that's to be expected... :)

6. Darth_Lex

Darth_Lex Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 17, 2002
    The monks were awesome! (Well, I don't know if they're monks, exactly, but that's what they seemed like to me.) The detail and care with which you described them, and the distinctive style of their speech, was a great touch. And devoted to serving love only -- how appropriate. ;)

Anakin and Padme seem so at peace with their decision, despite the costs and risks it carries. Good for them. :D

Threepio = best man. How tragic. How truly, truly tragic. :p

7. Alderaan21

Alderaan21 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 24, 1998
    Too many? Bah! :p ;)

I agree with LV; this is a sort of scene I never really thought about happening. Of course it makes sense, because it's not as if the Holy Man popped out of thin air. I assume, anyway. ;)

Good to see you writing again. :) You always do a fantastic job with this pair.

8. Seraph-Skywalker

Seraph-Skywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 5, 2002
    Great job, MissPadme. You described everything terrificly, and I found myself becoming nervous along with Anakin 8-}

9. Hananiah

Hananiah Jedi Master star 4

Jan 15, 2003
    "There's no higher law then love" that was beautiful.
    I can't wait for more

10. MissPadme

Jul 9, 1998
    Wow, lookit all the feedback! Thanks everyone.

JDH3--One of your favorites? Little ol' me? Thanks. [face_blush]
    -LadyVader---I had been curious about the Holy Men since my first AOTC viewing. Who are these guys who perform weddings on short notice? Are they ministers in the Church of Universal Life? Are they licensed by the Naboo gaming commission? ;)
    stacysatrip--I think everyone gets the jitters. But fear not, I guarantee this story has a happy ending ;).
    rhonderoo--Thank you, I try my best.
    DarthLex--I envisioned the holy man as belonging to a monastic-like order taking refuge in the isolated Lake Country; the new book "Inside the Worlds of AOTC" doesn't go that much into detail about him except to say he is from the region.
    Alderaan21--I'm flattered and I'm happy to be writing my favorite doomed couple again.
    Seraph-Skywalker--Much thanks!
    Hananiah--I saw that quote somewhere (can't remember, sorry) and had to use it in an A/P story. It fits them.

--MissPadme

11. C3SoloP0

C3SoloP0 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 10, 2002
    This is so cute....

Like I need another fic to get hooked on to.........what am I gonna do with myself?? heheheheeh

But....I can never pass up a good opportunity!!! :)

More?

12. little_Skywalker

little_Skywalker Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 21, 2002
    AWWWWWW so cute.
    Now is there going to be more to this story?

13. MissPadme

Jul 9, 1998
    C3SoloPO and little_Skywalker--Don't worry, there will be more. Part Two will go up on Monday, May 5.

--MissPadme

14. Alderaan21

Jul 24, 1998
    *nudges upward*

Looking forward to the new post. :D

15. AnakinPadmeSkywalker

AnakinPadmeSkywalker Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 27, 2003
    Wonderful story so far! I can't wait for more! :D

16. Myxie

Myxie Jedi Youngling

Apr 25, 2003
    Wow! That was awesome. ;) More please :)

17. Jedi_Humaira_Blaine

Jedi_Humaira_Blaine Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 27, 2003
    Hmmm [face_love]...

Very sweet, very mushy...very nice! :)

Good one MissPadme! :D

18. MissPadme

Jul 9, 1998
    Alderaan21--Thanks for the boost!
    AnakinPadmeSkywalker--Well, you got more...see below!
    Myxie--Thanks...there's more today.
    Jedi_Humaira_Blaine--Glad you enjoyed it.

Okay, here's Part Two, from Padmé's perspective:

Padmé gently lifted the gown out of the box; both the dress and the veil were a curious mix of old and new, delivered discreetly to the retreat under an assumed name.

No one knew Padmé Amidala Naberrie had returned to the Lake Country. Only Queen Jamilla knew Padmé was home on Naboo, but she?d told the queen she and her Jedi protector would be in the mountain regions instead. Not even her family knew her whereabouts.

Of course, Anakin Skywalker was more than merely her protector now. Soon, he would become her husband. The thought of it made her stomach flutter.

I really am about to do this, she thought. I?ve found the love I?ve always wanted, but I?m risking everything for it. As far as she was concerned, it was worth risking everything. After Geonosis, she realized life was too precious and too fleeting to ignore whatever happiness one could find. She also realized she could not imagine life without Anakin in it, Jedi rules be damned. They completed one another in a way no one could comprehend. She recalled how years ago the old Master Qui-Gon spoke to Anakin about the will of the Force; perhaps it was the will of the Force that they be together.

There was no hesitation accepting Anakin?s proposal. Only she could cherish him and give him the love he needed. For all of their wisdom, the Jedi could not see that he needed love in his life.

After arranging for the holy man to come to the retreat, she parted with Anakin to go to a village on the far side of the lake. She knew many artisans plied their crafts there, including the famous glass artists.

Anakin had wanted to go with her. He insisted he was still obligated to protect her, that she was still in danger despite the secrecy of their location. But she knew he simply wanted to be with her. Gently she explained the truth; Nubian superstition dictated it was bad luck for the groom to see the bride?s gown before the wedding. He acquiesced, but he sent Artoo to accompany her while he saw to final details at the retreat with Threepio...

Padmé strolled the streets of the village with the hood of her cloak drawn up again, Artoo trundling behind her. She felt a combination of excitement over the wedding, worry that someone in the village might recognize her, and sadness that she couldn?t share the day with anyone else. She?d always dreamed that she would plan the perfect wedding with her sister and her mother. Her sister had married while she was Queen; Padmé slipped out of the palace one day and left Sabé in her place to take Sola out to find a dress. She had been Sola?s maid of honor and had hoped Sola would do the same for her one day. Anakin had sensed keeping their marriage a secret from even her family would be difficult for her. But she knew in time she would be able to tell them and they would probably understand. Life seldom turns out the way we plan it, Padme reminded herself.

It was then she came across a vintage shop filled with old-fashioned clothing and jewelry. Intrigued, she went inside, ordering Artoo to wait for her outside. She had hoped to find such a place. It smelled of spicewood incense and was filled with an eclectic variety of merchandise.

?Good day, milady,? the shop?s young proprietess greeted Padmé and for a moment, the senator feared she?d been recognized. But then she realized it was merely a courtesy greeting and she relaxed. ?How may I be of assistance??

?I?m looking for a wedding gown,? Padmé replied. ?I prefer the crafting and style of the older gowns.?

The proprietess smiled and led Padmé toward the back of her shop. ?Perhaps you?ll be interested in this.? She stopped before a breathtaking concoction of silk, lace, and diadems. ?This is perfect for a young bride and interestingly enough, it was created by

19. Darth_Lex

Darth_Lex Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 17, 2002
    If she wanted any confirmation of the will of the Force, how about finding the perfect dress on the first try -- and it actually fits! :p

Interesting to see her concern about her identity being uncovered, although I suppose it's good practice for keeping the secret... :(

I can't believe Artoo let her almost be late! Pay attention, little guy! [face_laugh]

Great post. Looking forward to the third. :D

20. AnakinPadmeSkywalker

AnakinPadmeSkywalker Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 27, 2003
    Awesome post! It's sweet how Padme planned the romantic night and everything..Woohoo. WEDDING NIGHT! ;) I can't wait for the next post!

21. JDH3

JDH3 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 27, 2003
    Ok it's a little silly but I can't resist. AWWWWWWWWE:) That was really cute and beautifuly written, can't wait for next monday.

22. little_Skywalker

little_Skywalker Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 21, 2002
    AWWWW sweet!

you portrayed Padme perfect. the fear that she would be discovered along with the determination that nothing would stop her from marrying the man she loved was well written.
    You got to see a side of her that is not shown much in AOTC. also her sadness that her family and friends could not be there added a lot.
    the way your describing her seems real and really ties in with AOTC movie at the end of the movie at the wedding she looks at Anakin with those eyes and now you can get a picture of what those emotions possibaly were. the emotions she is feeling right now.

scared,happy get in a way sad.

keep up the good work!

LS

23. Alderaan21

Jul 24, 1998
    LOL @ Lex. :D (And that pic of Han has never failed to make me laugh.)

Only she could cherish him and give him the love he needed. For all of their wisdom, the Jedi could not see that he needed love in his life.

There's the key to so much of Padmé's character, right there. (And on both counts, of course she's absolutely right.) So much truth in those few words!

Lovely post. :) I never tire of reading about these two.

24. -LadyVader-

-LadyVader- Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 30, 2002
    Oh me neither, Alderaan. If I could actually get paid to read A/A shippers, I would have a Ph.d without even having a doctorate degree. *laugh* A beautiful chapter, Miss Padme. I loved the detail on how the dress was created; it was very much like how the actual costume was made. Can't wait for the next chapter.

-LadyVader

25. MissPadme

Jul 9, 1998
    Gotta love the ego-boo [face_laugh]!

DarthLex--I know, what a coinkydink! Good thing too...it's not as though there's a David Bridal store near the lake retreat where Padmé could take advantage of the $99 gown sale.
    AnakinPadmeSkywalker--Sorry, hon, it ain't going to be that kind of story! ;)
    JDH3--Glad you liked it. I told ya there's mush aplenty.
    little_Skywalker--I try hard to get these characters right, so I'm really flattered.
    Alderaan21--I never get tired of A/P either! I wanted to show here Padmé's ultimate justification to be with Anakin despite having to keep it all a secret and despite the consequences they would both face if it's ever discovered.
    -LadyVader---Or, should I say "Dr. LadyVader?" Heh heh. I got the "backstory" for the dress from how it was actually created for the movie.

--MissPadme

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.