main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Final Stand (sequel to Seeds of Resistance)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by anakinfansince1983 , Mar 21, 2011.

1. DarthCambius

DarthCambius Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 12, 2007
    What a great ending.

Sad, yet heartwarming at the same time.

Truly enjoyed this from start to finish.

Thank you for such a good story.

2. Luna_Nightshade

Luna_Nightshade Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 25, 2006
    Beautiful ending, and lovely that they were all able to have joyful times together away from politics on Naboo. Glad that Eriadu was freed, too. Love the image of all the characters getting to be together at last. Fantastic story! Good luck with starting work back up again... it'll be rough for awhile, I'm sure, but you can do it!

3. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    I'm going to do proper reader replies later (I'm out of town and posting from my phone) but I wanted to say a big thank you to those of you who nominated this story for Best Drama and Alys for Best Original Character: Female. That meant a lot to me, especially as this series was my first attempt at writing an OC major character.

Individualized replies coming this weekend when I'm back on my desktop, but thank all of you again for reading. [:D]. I'm glad to know that people enjoyed this story as much as I loved writing it.

And iceaffinity, yes, I got a librarian position, in an elementary school. I'm excited. :)

4. DoubleEO

DoubleEO Jedi Youngling

Jun 14, 2010
    Awww, it was ADORABLE. I love the scene at the end. It reminds me of Episode 6's ending. :D You are an AMAZING writer! Love it SO much. Thanks for writing it!

5. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    PadmeSkywalkerSHM: LOL, no rising from the dead in my stories. While there is a lot of good EU stuff out there, the cloning dead people element, especially Palpatine, is rather irritating. Dead characters should only be able to Force ghost, and then only the good guys. :p

Padme and Bail, and Alys to some extent, are my ideal politicians. Sadly they don't seem to make 'em like that in the real world, at least not on the large-scale stage.

As far as Mara, if she had been in the story, she would have been with Luke; I try not to break up established canon pairings. Obidala fics, for example, drive me nuts most of the time, as Anakin is usually alive and well in the story.

Lady_Misty: Thanks! And nope, I went totally AU on the Skywalker grandchildren.

iceaffinity: Thanks! I wanted a fire-on-Endor style ending, and I thought Naboo was a good setting for it. And I debated whether or not to fast forward that far and show Anakin's death, but I felt like I couldn't end the story without showing where all the characters ended up.

dm1: Wow, this story arc was phenomenal! I love your version of Anakin, still had a temper, sometimes let it get the better of him, but was always able to see reason in the end. He was much more mature than the canon version, who never seemed to get out of adolescence.

Thanks! :) I felt there were many factors that would have made a difference with Anakin, two big ones being an ability to see through Palpatine's ego stroking, and a little more support from the Jedi, and that's what I tried to convey here. I tried not to change his personality too much, and I felt that two characteristics that would be present in him whether dark or light, would be his short temper and his irrationality.

On the surviving spouse: both my grandparents and my husband's grandparents passed away within a few months of each other, and I thought that that could easily happen with Anakin.

Well done! I will miss this story, but I'm glad you were able to finish it up before the craziness of full-time work, followed by full-time parenthood hits. I do hope you are able to continue with some short stories or vignettes, as I really enjoy your writing.

Thanks! I have an idea floating around for Anakin's POV in the Padawan Lost/Wookiee Hunt episodes, just need to flesh it out, along with the Luke/Mara story.

The-Solo-Smirk: In this story Anakin was about 74-75 when he died, Padme around 80, and Obi-Wan in his mid-80s, so I kept life expectancies around the same. One thing that surprises me about the post-ROTJ EU is that Han, Luke and Leia are still so active in their 60s and 70s.

Thank you so much for sharing your stories with us and also for posting on time - 'I hate long waits'

Thank you for saying that, I was always concerned that I posted too quickly. There won't be anything epic-length for awhile, the Padawan Lost/Wookiee Hunt one will probably be 3-5 posts long, but I'll PM you if you like. I'll definitely participate in challenges, etc. here as well.

Jedi_Liz: I had considered bringing Mara into the story in a few places, even wrote out a scene, but there were several reasons I ended up just marrying Luke to Alys: I'm not overly comfortable writing Mara at this point as it's been years since I read a book with her in it, I would have had to invent an entire background for her as there was no Emperor and no Emperor's Hand here, and I had come to like Alys so much myself that I couldn't do that to her. But anyway, I'm glad it worked for everyone.

Does look like I need to read some Ben Skywalker books though, with the calls for Luke to have a son. :p As far as Leia, she had a preemie and I had a side plot going on with her being Mommy-tracked just before her trials, so I opted to have Ben Solo be the only one.

DarthCambius: Sad, yet heartwarming at the same time. Thanks, that's what I was going for. :) I hated the fact that it did end up being so sad but there was no way to really w

6. The1stJediPrincess

The1stJediPrincess Jedi Master star 2

Sep 20, 2010
    I'm so sorry it took me so long to respond and review this wonderfully written story. It had spurts of humor and was very moving at the same time. [:D]

Anakin's death was touching and fitting. What a man he could have been.

I'm wondering if you would consider writing a two companion chapters? One covering Obi-Wan's death (you know how I [face_love] love Obi) and maybe one covering Padme's death. [face_whistling]

Just an idea...no pressure at all. ;)

All in all, great job and a great trilogy. =D=

7. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    Thank you. :) There are so many characters in Star Wars that are just funny: Obi-Wan with his dry wit, Han with his sarcasm, and Anakin can be funny when he isn't being angsty; I enjoyed throwing some humor in there, especially since the galaxy is a much happier place with no Palps.

And Anakin...I may be a sucker for lost causes, but that man had so much potential in canon and he threw it out with both hands over...what? Not realizing all he really did have while he was wanting more? But with George Lucas being so cool about allowing fan fiction, I was able to give him another chance, and I'm thankful for that.

On the part I boldfaced--are you kidding? I would love to write those chapters. :) I need to flesh out a little more about what Obi-Wan was doing in the latter part of his life; he has to do more than just keep a leash on Anakin and the twins. :p

But...look for them, I'll try to get it done within the next month or so. :)

8. The1stJediPrincess

The1stJediPrincess Jedi Master star 2

Sep 20, 2010
    WOOO HOOO[face_dancing] [:D] =D=

Please Please PM me. Can't wait to read what you come up with!

9. AzureAngel2

AzureAngel2 Chosen One star 6

Jun 14, 2005
    Know I know what I will do in the weekend after I have updated my own fanfic. Reading this from the very beginning! Wow!

Thanks for the link you gave an old lady in the ward!

[:D]

10. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    Boy am I a loser, I should have done this weeks ago, but I want to thank everyone who voted for this story and for Alys as Best Female OC; I was both surprised and thrilled that she won, as she is the first OC I have ever really tried to flesh out in a major role.

Anyway, thank you so much. [face_love] [:D]

The1stJediPrincess, and anyone else who is interested, here is your chapter:

Night Must Fall

It will be a two-parter, I also plan to write his funeral.

Thank you for reading. :)

11. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    I updated Night Must Fall a few days ago.

I think I still have it in me to write Padme's death as well.