main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Orlando, FL FINAL SWW THOUGHTS

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by Ia-Bou, Jun 13, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ia-Bou

Ia-Bou Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 15, 2001
    Ok guys, you can be jack handy in this forum (jack handy, thats the name of the snl dude right?) Post all of your final words on SWW here.

2. Pikaroth

Pikaroth Jedi Master star 3

Apr 22, 2002
    I just wrote a very lengthy e-mail to some people, including pictures, about it. I will say this, though: I came in third in the Trivia Trials. Got a bag full of prizes, got to say my name and where I was from on stage, and even did the "rock star" point to someone after each question. I dominated enough that people recognized me after it was over and congradulated me.

Next year, I feel, will be a first place winning.

Brandon

3. JediScout

JediScout Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 8, 2004
    Maybe if you go more than just one day, you'll have a better chance of winning.

I had a blast. I was there every single day. Got to meet a lot of new, cool and interesting people. Met celebrities and got some awesome autographs. Even went to dinner with two of the quests. It was nice to meet and talk to them on a personnel level, and not with the hustle and bustle of trying to take pictures and get autographs.

I cant wait until next year, hopefully Ill get to have as much fun and meet more people. The cast members were awesome, and I think this was a vast improvement over last year.

Like I said, I loved every minute of it and Im a little sad that its over. Oh well, there's awesome Comic Con, Dragon Con, and of course CIII.

Dale

4. Sabacc

Sabacc Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 9, 2001
    Dale, without a doubt, attending every day of SWW should get you some sort of title here in the OS. Well done. Glad you had fun.

And I have to give a shout out to Melanie, for being my host and runner on too many missions to count. Many thanks, M., I definitely would have had less fun, and less merchandise, if it weren't for you.

We'll probably not have a final answer till the first of the year, but I seriously doubt there will be SWW next year. C3 and the E3 should tie up the major players, and for my part, as an attendee of the former, I don't need another anchor on my pocketbook. -Campbell

5. radicalray

radicalray Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 30, 2004
    Whew! It's over. As much as I enjoy the event, it will be nice to get back to work on the weekends.

Overall, it was the best!

But something I was a bit dissappointed to see:

Millionaire does not allow a winner to win prize packages again for 30 days.

SWW adult trivia allowed the same person to win first prize at LEAST 3 times. Even though this person was very nice and won fairly, I think it was unfair to everyone else to let the SAME person win FIRST more than once. (the first prize package was more than $500)

6. Sabacc

Sabacc Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 9, 2001
    I agree with that. Clearly that person's got a Master knowledge Star Wars trivia, but it's ridiculous that Disney lets people win the top spot repeatedly. 30 days sounds fine to me, but it's my understanding that some of the questions are repeated as well. That's pretty sloppy work, too.

One nice change about the trivia contest was that when it appeared that the rain might affect the play they moved it inside the ABC theater. Last year when we got rained out they had us wait 45 minutes, then told us, soaking wet, that they were cancelling the competition.

7. raiza123

raiza123 Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 18, 2003
    If Dale wins a title, can I get first runner up? :p I had so much fun! It was great meeting all the other fans, meeting the celebrities, hearing their interviews and so forth. I'm bummed I couldn't participate in the trivia contests or Who wants to be a millionare SW version but someone has to be the cheerleader of the group, I guess. pout. ;)
    I should've been more on the ball so I could see Dale in his costumes. Now that I think about it, I did get to see the biker scout one (however briefly in the parade). Maybe some other time..
    Yesterday Ia, Aaron and crew all dressed as jedi. Super cool & the gang!
    I loved this year's cast's costumes. There was a really great Amidala, Aurra Sing, Shaak Ti, Darth Maul and Zam Wessel. The last 3 all had fun with their characters and even played it to the hilt yesterday with Daniel Logan. my sympathies to them in this hot weather but wow they were good!
    From what everyone has told me they're a ton better than last year's. We collected 'til we dropped and now it's over. sigh. let's pray this won't be the last year. Melanie

8. chewbacca1138

chewbacca1138 Jedi Master star 2

Mar 12, 2002
    I must admit I had fun. It was quite interesting, having adventures and all. Brandon won third place and I felt proud hehehe!

I'm sorry Dale for being annoying!!!!

I love Daniel Logan.

9. JediScout

Apr 8, 2004
    You werent annoying Stef, but I can only do so much. Dinner was fun, but there was about 15 of us there not counting you know who. Maybe next year, rumor has already started that someone may be back again.

Dale

10. Grendelwulf

Grendelwulf Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 31, 1999
    I went during gay day week. Not nearly as gay as I expected it to be. Anyway, the wife and I met and got pictures with Warrick Davis, which was very cool.

what sucked was that it looked like it might rain so they cancelled the making of Episode 3 movie and moved some stuupid trivia contest inside.. I was pissed, and my wife was disappointed. I really wanted to see that making of video. Who cares about some dumb trivia contest? It didn't even freaking rain, so moving it inside was pointless. We could have seen the video earlier in the day, but that would have meant not meeting Mr. Davis. I tried complaing to people who looked like they migth have been organizers... they had badges and worked for Disney, but they didn't care and wouldn't comp me anything.

Grrrrr.

The day was hot.

also: Michael Eisner, you suck. You should have let Lucas update Star Tours when he offered to make a new video for it.

11. JediScout

Apr 8, 2004
    You didnt miss much on the making of Episode III. It was about 8 mins of the making of Ep I, 8 mins of the making of Ep II and maybe 4 mins of Ep III. Just some dueling between Anakin and Obi Wan. Dont get me wrong it was cool to see, but most of the video was last years. They had the bloopers from Ep II, which are on the Ep II DVD.

Dale

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.