main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Final Thoughts (ROTJ)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by stoneheart, Jun 1, 2000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. stoneheart

stoneheart Jedi Master star 1

Nov 25, 1999
    <<I figured I'd get this thing out of my system before I go on hiatus. My first solo, BTW. Please be gentle.>>

FINAL THOUGHTS

Emperor Palpatine, Master of the Sith, stood over the injured form of Luke Skywalker, last of the Jedi.
    "And now, young Jedi... you will die."
    Summoning the Dark Side, Palpatine poured even more energy into the foolhardy Jedi, making him scream.

"Father! Please!"

Luke, oh no, Luke...
    Let him die for that. He is a threat. One way or another, he'll end up dead.
    He's my son. I can't leave him like this.
    You have no say in this, weakling. If he refuses power like this, he deserves to die.
    I have to save him...
    Like you saved his mother? Like how you saved your mother?
    My son...
    He will die for defying Palpatine. It is his destiny.
    No.
    No what?
    No. His destiny is not to die at this madman's feet. His destiny is to correct what we have done.
    That'll be difficult when he's a charred stain on the deck.
    I won't let that happen.
    Are you insane as well as weak? Palpatine will kill us before we interfere! We're in no shape to take him on!
    We will stop him.
    Then wait. Just until we're strong enough to take Palpatine's place.
    No.
    If we wait, we can-
    I said NO!

Moving with a purpose, Vader strode towards his master. The Sith Lord was too intent on Skywalker's screams to realize what his apprentice was up to, until Vader lifted him and aimed for an open shaft. Enraged, Palpatine concentrated on his traitorous apprentice, hitting him with all his rage until he was thrown into the pit. Vader collapsed against the railing, knowing he was going to die.
    If I had just done that so many years ago... so much could have been averted.

<<I should post the epilogue to this by the end of the week.>>

[This message has been edited by stoneheart (edited 06-01-2000).]

2. RebelMom

RebelMom Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 20, 2000
    Nice job portraying Vader/Anakin's internal struggle.
    This has been a gentle post. Computer is on the delicate cycle. It keeps acting up so I have to be nice to it.

3. stoneheart

stoneheart Jedi Master star 1

Nov 25, 1999
    <<At least one person has read it, so I'm happy. Here's the finale I promised.>>

Breathing's getting harder and harder. Life-support must have shorted with that last blast.
    "Luke, help me... take this mask off."
    "But you'll die!"
    "Nothing can stop that now. Just once... let me look on you, with my own eyes."
    Luke removed the mask that had become a symbol of terror for much of the galaxy, and Anakin looked at his son. So much like me, at that age. Except he won't turn on those who tried to help him.
    Anakin smiled. "Now go, Luke."
    "No. I'll not leave you here, I've got to save you."
    "You already have, Luke. You were right. You were right about me. Tell your sister, you were right..."
    I can't belive I didn't recognize my own daughter. She must despise me. Please, Luke...

Blackness.

So, this is death.

You know better than that, Padawan. 'There is no death-'"
    Anakin finished the saying with his old teacher. "'There is the Force.' Obi-wan, I'm-"
    "I know, my friend. I know."

[This message has been edited by stoneheart (edited 06-02-2000).]

4. Rani Veko

Rani Veko Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 22, 2000
    Okay, now you've gone and done it. You've gone and made me cry.

That was so beautiful and touching, the final and eternal reunion of Obi-Wan and Anakin. Bravo!

- Rani

5. jedi jaffacake

jedi jaffacake Jedi Youngling star 1

May 12, 2000
    That was really well done. The end was really touching, too. *sob*

6. Master Lurker

Master Lurker Jedi Youngling star 1

May 14, 2000
    *sob* *sob* *sob* *sob* *sob* *sob* *sob* Okay, that last post has me crying. *sniffle*

7. Jean

Jean Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 7, 2003
    Upping for the move

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.