main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Finally, another MC-80b star cruiser!!!!

Discussion in 'Literature' started by AdmiralNick22 , Jun 11, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AdmiralNick22

AdmiralNick22 Retired Fleet Admiral star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 28, 2003
    The MC-80b star cruiser was developed 6 months after the battle of Endor. It was to be an interm cruiser until the MC-90 series was completed. The first of its class was the Mon Remonda. It served for several years, participating in the capture of Coruscant and the hunt for Warlord Zsinj. It was finally destroyed 6 years after Endor, during the battle of Calamari. Despite all of this, the Mon Remonda was the only star cruiser ever specifically mentioned as being of the MC-80b class.

Several months back, I saw a thread that discussed this very issue. Since then, the book Destiny's Way came out. In that book, we seen the only other confirmed MC-80b mentioned in the EU. It was the Mon Adapyne, flagship of Keyan Farlander. Why did it takes so long for another MC-80b to be mentioned? Assuming that they were built up until the production of the MC-90, why do we see little reference to them? I put up this thread to here your ideas.

2. Ben_Max

Ben_Max Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 22, 2001

in the GFFA: most likely because if there's a better model of the ship, that's the one to go for

in Del Rey books: an idea lost in the shuffle until "Destiny's Way"

3. Errant_Venture

Errant_Venture Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 21, 2002
    Perhaps there have been others except they were listed as Mon Cal cruisers. There are so many ships that are only listed as being a Mon Cal cruiser, a frigate, Star Destroyer, etc. I would think that if every single ship in a book had their class listed it would look fairly odd.

4. AdmiralNick22

AdmiralNick22 Retired Fleet Admiral star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 28, 2003
    I agree. The only reason I brought this up is because when the Mon Remonda first came out, it was a popular ship among the fans. It was even given its own section in the Essential Guide to Vehicles and Vessels. For fans of the Rogue Squadron series, the vessel is mentioned several times. (read Solo command, it shows you how tough a star cruiser is, when it takes on the SSD Ironfist.)I also agree that many times the classes are not listed in the books, but in sourcebooks and on fan based websites, many people discuss what class each cruiser is from.(check out Tech Commentaries:Warships of the Mon Calamari)

5. Brett_Bass

Brett_Bass Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 22, 2003
    I think it helped that the Iron Fist had just beaten her way through a Kuati shipyard, and Imperial fleet, and had been hunted continuously for two years at that point. The Iron Fist was pretty beat up, as impressive as she was.

6. Knight1192

Knight1192 Jedi Knight star 6

Feb 5, 2000
    X-wing series, you mean. The Rogue Squadron series is a comic series.

7. jedi_master_ikrit

jedi_master_ikrit Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 2, 2002
    I thought the Rogue Squadron series was a video game series? ?[face_plain]

8. Knight1192

Knight1192 Jedi Knight star 6

Feb 5, 2000
    That too. Stackpole was asked to do comics concerning Rogue Squadron, which he did. At the time he was asked, he had written background info on the squadron explaing events prior to the reformation of the squadron we see in the first book of the X-wing series. This info was used as a basis for the comic series.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.