Hi Finally jumping in

Discussion in 'Welcome New Users' started by Roryrory, Aug 16, 2013.

Moderators: Skiara
  1. Roryrory Jedi Padawan

Hi all,been lurking for a while. First saw SW in 1977 or 1978 (can't remember which - I was only 3 at the time!). Been hooked ever since, though never a fan in any official sense. By hooked I mean desperately and blindly devoted to all 6 films (even Phantom Meanace). Never got into the books because they were too focus on battles and the like (read the girly ones, like "courtship of Princess Leia" though!). Now my oldest boy (aged 7) is also hooked and we are both eagerly waiting the release of Ep VII - I've promised him he can have his 9th bday party at the movies to watch it with his mates. So hi all, looking forward to enjoying all things SW with fellow devotees.
    Admiral Volshe likes this.
  2. Pensivia Jedi Master

star 4
    Greetings, @Roryrory! I'm just a few years older than you (7 in 1977) and have been hooked since then as well, though I never really got into the larger world of fandom until joining up here a few months ago. That's so nice that your son is now into SW and that you can share all the excitement leading up to the new movies with him! I don't have kids myself, but I seriously think that introducing one's kids to the magic and joy of SW would be the best part of being a lifelong SW fan:)

So, welcome...hope to see you around the boards!
  3. Admiral Volshe Force Ghost

star 10
    Welcome!

Glad to have you posting with us. I'm sure you'll meet a bunch of fans who love all the films (I do!).
    As Penny said, it's awesome you have your son as a fan too.

If you need any help, leave us a message in this thread and we'll try to help you.

Have fun and good luck! :)
  4. Skiara ~• Manager WNU •~ ~• RSA FFC •~

Manager
    star 10
    Welcome Roryrory! :)

A whole birthday party at the cinema for SW? Will they go with costumes? It'll be a very interesting party for sure - especially if you continue celebrating it at home afterwards. With all the SW deco and so on! Great idea! :D

Enjoy your stay and don't hesitate to ask, if you have any questions! :)
  5. Jedi_Lover Fanfic Awards Winner: Best OC

VIP
    star 5
    Welcome Roryrory! I also saw the first movie in 1977 and have been a fan since. Have you read The Thrawn Trilogy? That trilogy is what got me hooked on the books. It is similar to The Courtship of Princess Leia except Luke's love interest during the novels simply wants to kill him, but if I remember correctly Leia was not too happy with Han in COPL. :p

If you do decide to read more of the novels you might want to stop by the Literature forum and read some of the reviews. Some of the books are awful. :( There are some stand alone books like Scoundrels that you might like. And if you like romance in your Star Wars stories you need to go to the fanfiction forum. There are people there that write wonderful love stories. I prefer fanfiction over the professional novels nowadays.

Welcome! [:D]
  6. Jedi General Gelderd Jedi Master

star 5
    Welcome to the Forum, Roryrory!

Great to have you here - please get stuck right in, there's so much happening out there, your social life will vanish in no time thanks to this place!

Just shout if we can help, but don't be afraid to get stuck right in! :D

Enjoy your time here and see you around the boards.

[IMG]
Moderators: Skiara