main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

DFW, TX Finally! Robotech the game!

Discussion in 'MidSouth Regional Discussion' started by old-master, Sep 27, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. old-master

old-master Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 12, 2001
    And the day has come, my mecha friends! Robotech: Battlecry is out for PS2, Xbox and gamecube. For some of us, 1986-1989 was about the single greatest anime series in history: Robotech! For years, we, the US gamer, were forced to watch the japanese get the various Robotech games. We were forced to exist on the DVD, games like Armored Core, Omega Boost, and some fighter games. Then a year ago, a game was due out, and then cancelled. Now, we finally get a Veritech-mecha figther game. I have been unable to play it, but I love to hear any feedback on the game. There is a special edition out, however is $79 and contains only a Robotech soundtrack, a shirt, and some small items. Go to www.robotechgame.com for more info. Die Zentrani Die!

2. HoboZuckuss

HoboZuckuss Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 5, 2002
    I checked it out at the Comic-con. It looks very very nice. I got to play it a little to. So far the only slightly annoying thing would be the little things the characters repeat over and over again like "You want some of this!" and "Get him!". I didn't get to play it much at all but the controls seemed fine. You can even blow up some of the civilian buildings and stuff. Can't wait till I get my copy!

3. Darth_Chocolate

Darth_Chocolate Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 21, 2002
    If my store carries it, I'll tell you tomorrow night if it's any good.

4. stone

stone Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 4, 2000
    online reviews of it aren't very favorable.

http://gamespot.com/gamespot/stories/reviews/0,10867,2881424,00.html

5. IB420

IB420 Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 11, 2002
    I'm enjoying it so far, though I was hoping for a "follow some battlepods into the SDF1 to stop them from totally messing up Macross City" sequence.
    It seems I've already passed that in the story line, though I suppose it could still happen.

The story continuity is good, the graphics are awesome, and I love being able to mechamorph at will without any delay or detriment to VT performance. That rocks.

The only thing I don't like is not having a code-entry field; I don't have time to sit and play through every level to open up all the characters and VTs. It will be months before I experience every aspect of the game.

All in all, though, I give it a thumbs-up!

6. Darth_Chocolate

Darth_Chocolate Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 21, 2002
    I haven't played it much, but i'm really digging that which i have so far.

I'd love to play some multi-player against a live opponent.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.