main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Oregon Finally, the Epic Trilogy DVD

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by jawafett, Feb 11, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jawafett

jawafett Oregon Fanforce Chapter Rep star 3

Mar 13, 2003
    There it is! The word is out, September 21st, 2004! The greatest Trilogy ever on DVD! Plus a bonus disk of STAR WARS goodness. I will definately be in line, on line, up and down every aisle til I have my hands on those blessed of all movies. The Special Editions are the definitive vision of director George Lucas, his story and his dream. Not someone else's story or words.

2. Bowen

Bowen Force Ghost star 5

Sep 6, 1999
    I concur with the honorable delegate Jawafett. The Special Editions ARE the definitive versions and they are the versions that Lucas thinks best reflect his vision for the Star Wars movies. I love them and I can't wait to pick up my copy of the Holy Trilogy on Sept. 21.

3. Bib Fortuna Twi'lek

Bib Fortuna Twi'lek Jedi Youngling star 10

Jul 9, 1999
  4. Mrvader13

Mrvader13 Jedi Youngling

Sep 12, 2003
    Finnally a group of SW fans not bent on bashing the special edition. I love everything SW and im watering at the mouth for the DVD collection. Cya

5. Bowen

Bowen Force Ghost star 5

Sep 6, 1999
    Amen, Mr. Vader. I love the Special Editions. They are why I became a fan. I became a fan after seeing ANH: SE in theaters and thinking, "Wow, I cannot believe this movie is 20 years old! This is the greatest movie ever." I always loved the SW movies when I was a kid, even as young as like 3-4 years old, but I was never a "fan" in the traditional sense until Feb. 1, 1997. So for just more than 7 years now.

6. Larena_Jade

Larena_Jade Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 19, 2002
    Sorry Bib Fortuna, it's MY precious...
    *evil possesed smile overcomes face as she starts petting emaginary DVDs in hand*

7. jedihyrumsfather

jedihyrumsfather Jedi Master star 1

Aug 8, 2001
    I think everyone should be excited about this. It's a dream come true.

However, I also can't wait until the non-special editions come out. Lucas can't miss out on that cash cow.

8. jawafett

Mar 13, 2003
    New pictures of the 2 box sets are out. They are very simular to the video release of the Special Editions, silver for the Widescreen and Gold for the Panscan. Very cool...waiting patiently.

9. Jedi_KNick

Jedi_KNick Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 16, 2003
    What's panscan? And why don't you wait until all six movies are on one box set?

-KNick

10. Bowen

Bowen Force Ghost star 5

Sep 6, 1999
    Haha, why the heck would you want to wait that long?! Duh. Nobody is going to wait an extra two years to get the Holy Trilogy on DVD.

This will unquestionably be the greatest selling DVD release of all time.

11. Jedi_KNick

Jedi_KNick Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 16, 2003
    Bowen, were you trying to see how many times you could see TPM and AOTC in the theaters?

-KNick

12. Larena_Jade

Nov 19, 2002
    Hehe, that's funny how it's still the "trilogy". Even though trilogy referes to THREE,lol.

13. _Vengeance_

_Vengeance_ Jedi Master star 4

Jul 1, 2002
    Yeah, it's the Original Trilogy.

That's what they're releasing, the Originals, so yes, it is still a Trilogy. If they were going to release them all in a boxed set right now, it would just be a Saga. Which is what it will be (most likely) once Episode III comes out and they release the über boxed set.

---,-'-,'-,-?

Cheers and blessed be!
    -Derycke

14. Bowen

Bowen Force Ghost star 5

Sep 6, 1999
    "Bowen, were you trying to see how many times you could see TPM and AOTC in the theaters?"

Yes, I was. I'll give you the quick explanation of how I saw both movies that many times.

First, for TPM I was really excited about the film as a huge Star Wars fan and I was writing a book on the movie. So I had to see it a lot of times to catch everything. I really wanted to be an expert. I was also only 16, so I had little else to do during the summer. I didn't have to work, no responsibilities, plenty of cash, plenty of time, all that makes for a lot of movie going. Also, I didn't care to see ANY of the other movies that opened that summer...

2002 with AOTC was different. I was 19, and in college, but I had quit college at LMU and was taking a semester off before going to Oregon State. As such, I had absolutely nothing to do, yet again, and I had a car that time. I wasn't driving when TPM was out. I also saw every other movie that opened in the summer of 2002, literally. Small, big, doesn't matter, I saw them all, and I still saw AOTC 54 times.

Now part of the reason I saw both movies so many times is because I got into a fun, friendly competition with other fans at a forum. We had a few guys who were seeing it a ton and they were beating me early. They were up to 15 before I hit 10, even, but slow and steady DOES win the race as I kept on seeing it during weeks 7, 8, 9, 10, etc. So slowly but surely I caught and passed them. But the race was close the entire way for both TPM and AOTC. My signature on EZBoard says, "KING of TPM and AOTC viewings" because nobody on those forums beat me. I saw both movies more times than anyone else, intentionally. Then I went to TFN to see if my count was one of the nation's highest. I found only maybe 4-5 people who "claimed" to have seen both movies more than me, and even then I am not sure if they really did. I have the ticket stubs to prove all of my viewings, except for 1 missing from TPM but I wrote down the time, date, and theater of that viewing on another ticket so I can tell you exactly when I saw it. My dad was there with me that day, but threw away the ticket stubs, UGG! Anyway I have all of the AOTC ones still though...

15. jawafett

Mar 13, 2003
    There will be 3 sets of Commemorative Trilogy DVD's available at Wal-Mart with action figures from each movie. ANH-Luke, Obi-Wan, C3PO & R2-D2. ESB-Chewie, Leia, and Han Solo. ROTJ-Darth Vader, The Emperor,and Imperial Stormtrooper. Very cool and expensive to be a Completist Collector these days so I should go get a paper route to support my hobby, dang. Look for a whole line of OT figures and playsets to celebrate the OT DVD's with also.

16. jawafett

Mar 13, 2003
    The Day is apon us!!! Where and which set are you buying and what kind of extras comes with your set? I'm picking mine up at Sam Goody's and the set comes with a Lithograph. Star Wars all day RULES!!!!

17. Atticus

Atticus Jedi Padawan star 4

May 31, 2002
    I'm going to pick mine up at 12:01 tonight at Best Buy.

18. Larena_Jade

Nov 19, 2002
    FINALLY! Yay!

19. Darth_Stove

Darth_Stove Jedi Youngling star 3

May 2, 2002
    Im going to get mine after work tomorrow at Fry's for the cheapest price around

20. Atticus

May 31, 2002
    I have mine, yea!!! I also got some free popcorn.

21. OldBenny

OldBenny Jedi Youngling

Apr 5, 2004
    Yup! got my movie and a free poster with it COOL!!

22. Larena_Jade

Nov 19, 2002
    YEs! I got mine yesterday at Walmart and just as soon as I got home I popped in the "Special Features" disc! It's so awsome! I'm waiting for the weekend to watch the movies though. The first one friday night, then saturday night, then the last one sunday night! Woohoo! I can't wait to see the edited parts also!

23. jawafett

Mar 13, 2003
    Did anyone else get any extras with their SW DVD set(ie.poster, lithograph, figures, etc)? I got a lithograph of Luke vs. Darth Vader from ROTJ.

24. Atticus

May 31, 2002
    You're lucky, All I got was a free popcorn and 2 free cokes. I feel screwed over now. How much was it for you?

25. jawafett

Mar 13, 2003
    At Sam Goody's, $50. Best Buy did give away with their set a special copy of SW Insider magazine. Walmart's commorative set came with figures.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.