main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Finally watching The Clone Wars theatrical movie...

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by KeithyT, May 26, 2014.

1. KeithyT

KeithyT Jedi Knight star 2

Apr 17, 2014
    Not bad, although it's just got to the Padme meeting Ziro the Hutt part. He sounds like... Kaa or Sir Hiss from Jungle Book/Robin Hood.

Haven't seen the credits yet but does this feature some of the live action voices (Sam Jackson, Natalie Portman, Christopher Lee?). They sound so close to the famous actor's voices...

Anyhoo love the action packedness of it all and the Star Wars vibe and scenery. Not finding Ashoka that annoying, she seems ok to me. Ventress and Obi-Wan are the highlights so far. Battle Droids silliness are still the low point for me

2. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    Samuel Jackson and Christopher Lee, according to the Wookieepedia article for the movie - do provide the voices.

Also Anthony Daniels as 3PO.

Someone else (Catherine Taber) provides Padme's voice though.

KeithyT likes this.
  3. KeithyT

Apr 17, 2014
    Ooh yeah Threepio just appeared. As usual Anthony Daniels does him (has anyone else EVER voiced C3PO?)

4. KeithyT

Apr 17, 2014
    The End. Not sure I like the ermm "re-imagined" main theme.

5. KeithyT

Apr 17, 2014
    Watching "The Voices" feature on the Blu-Ray. Excellent stuff, these voice actors are soooooo talented.

6. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    I liked Ahsoka in the movie. She didn't let Anakin give her any ****, and ended up winning him over.

Ventress and Obi-Wan are definitely the high points. They alone are worth every re-watch I've done. Anakin's hilarious reaction to being given a Padawan is on up there, but not as great as Ventress and Obi-Wan.

7. FRAGWAGON

FRAGWAGON Jedi Master star 4

Nov 3, 2012
    The highlight for me was that AT-TE vertical assault. Amazing action sequence. Just COOL!!

And Ziro is a great character. I loved his episodes in the series.

8. moonjump05

moonjump05 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 14, 2013
    The movie is great until they get to Tatooine- the battles on Christophsis and Teth, everyone's reactions to Ahsoka, Obi-Wan and Ventress' belligerent sexual tension, and seeing the Twilight. The novelization is pretty decent too.

9. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    It was an okay movie.

CoolyFett and Iron_lord like this.
  10. 07jonesj

07jonesj Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 16, 2010
    The massive focus on action is one of the reasons I dislike this film. It's blatant that this was four 22-minute episodes, and they were never meant to be a movie experience. Ahsoka's dialogue seems better fit for a 10-year old than a 14-year old most of the time.

The worst "conventional" SW the show produced IMO (so not including the Gascon arc or anything Jar Jar related).

11. Dark Lord Tarkas

Dark Lord Tarkas Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 29, 2011
    We already have a thread for discussing TCW movie, this should be moved there by a mod.

12. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    As far as I can tell there's no recent thread on the movie, so no point in merging anything.

But I will say this- KeithyT, please don't post more than once in a row, as it's considered spam. [face_peace]

CoolyFett likes this.
  13. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012

That thread is like 5 million years old.

CoolyFett likes this.
  14. Dark Lord Tarkas

Apr 29, 2011
    Having a new a thread whenever someone sees something for the first time instead of going to the established thread is a bad precedent to set in my opinion.

15. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    DLT, my general guideline is that if a thread hasn't had a post in over a year, it's fine to create a new one. Now, I did a basic search for a thread dedicated to the movie and found none of substance newer than 2012, and even those were just barely focused. Unless you're aware of a more recent thread, there's no need to dust off an effectively inactive thread just for the sake of keeping a discussion isolated to a single thread.

16. KeithyT

Apr 17, 2014
    Thank you for your guidance everyone. Further to previous responses, I did indeed search for a previous thread and found the older ones mentioned that allowed no further replies.

Don't worry I'm not in the habit of creating new threads just for the sake of it (although I''m relatively new here I have been using internet forums responsibly since around 2001/2002), I just fancied discussing the movie as I'd never seen it, followed the forum summaries to pick the best fit and bingo.

Not sure I hold with the posting more than once in a row being spam thing Todd the Jedi as it's all about context and intent, but noted.

Hopefully it's a case of "I'll be careful" rather than "you'll be dead!" ;)

17. Dark Lord Tarkas

Apr 29, 2011
    I hope you know I'm not trying to pick a fight here and I'd be fine with picking this conversation up in PM's, but I want to point out that we already have not just one but two threads for every single episode of the series (discussion plus grading). Same goes for the film. Having a brand new thread every time someone wants to discuss an episode whose thread hasn't had a post in the last year could lead to limitless duplicate threads, and board discussions would be much less cohesive and have much less continuity. Every main character also has a discussion thread. The same problems would come up with unlimited duplicate incohesive character threads.

I also want to point out that this isn't only my opinion, I guess there haven't been any strict rules but for the last few years this is how this board has worked. Even most threads about a specific aspect of an episode have been merged with the episode's existing general discussion thread(s). Duplicate general discussion threads on the same topic (like this) have never been allowed. There have been plenty of times an episode or character general discussion thread that hadn't been posted in in awhile got revived when a new thread on the same topic was merged with it. There is a TCW film thread started in 2011 with the most recent post from 2013 that is 11 pages long, but I don't think how long ago it was posted in or how long it was should matter at all.

We have a handy forum search feature in the upper right hand corner you can use to find our existing TCW film threads.

18. Han Burgundy

Han Burgundy Jedi Master star 3

Jan 28, 2013
    I watched the movie for the first time when it came on Netflix. I was pleasantly surprised after all the negative hype. It had its painful moments, to be sure, but the action was good and it was great to finally see the beginnings of Anakin and Ahsoka's relationship.

I will say though, if I had seen this in 2008, in a theater with ticket that I had just paid $12 for, I would have been much more disappointed. This movie reminds me of the earlier Star Trek films in the sense that it's clearly a feature film that was built on the framework of a TV show. If this had been made from the ground up as a theatrical animated Star Wars movie, the results could have been incredible. But the fact that this and Wall-E came out in the same year is kind of absurd.

19. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    I liked it, but it definitely was not theater-price worthy.

I didn't pay to see it either.

StoryWorthTelling and credar like this.
  20. credar

credar Jedi Master star 3

Sep 18, 2011
    Feel this as well.

It was entertaining, especially the Ventress scenes and the the two big battles in the movie, except for those childish moments when it wasn't (Goddess I hate Zero the Hutt SO freaking much.)

21. Darkslayer

Darkslayer #2 Sabine Wren Fan star 7

Mar 26, 2013
    [face_laugh] One of the best parts of the movie. I actually thought the whole Christophsis sequence was excellent.

Saga Explorer and Iron_lord like this.
  22. smudger9

smudger9 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 29, 2007
    It is a good sequence, infact it's the only part of the film that made it into my fanedit. I replaced the Jabba storyline with the kidnapping of Master Koth and the Kamino invasion.

Dark Lord Tarkas and cwustudent like this.
  23. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    I watched the movie after I'd caught up with season 3 when I got into the series. All the negative things I heard about the movie from friends who projected those negative feelings on the show but never watched it caused me to stay clear. Even in animation buff circles the movie caused alot of people to just write the show off. I'm glad I didn't watch it first and jumped right into the series. TCW is now top of my list for recommendations for animation buffs or for anybody who wants to watch a real western action cartoon. The first half on Christophsis and Teth are alot of fun but once the movie moves to Tatoonie and the parts on Coruscant it just gets boring as hell. Its like an invest AOTC which honestly is boring as hell until the movie gets to Geonosis.

Dark Lord Tarkas likes this.
  24. cje24576

cje24576 Jedi Master star 1

Aug 21, 2010
    I haven't seen the movie yet, but I want to. Does anyone know of a reparable website where I can watch it for free? My local library doesn't have a copy & I've tried searching on Youtube, vimeo.com, hulu.com, & dailymotion.com, but no luck.

25. Cushing's Admirer

Cushing's Admirer Chosen One star 7

Jun 8, 2006
    I watched it for Dooku and enjoyed listening to Chris.