main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Financial Crisis?***Warning! Potential for Political Discussion and Debate!!

Discussion in 'Denver, CO' started by Mistress, Oct 2, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mistress

Mistress Jedi Knight star 6

Oct 28, 2002

The part that made me the most angry is their rationale for buying it. I hate people. :mad:

2. nnaydolem

nnaydolem Jedi Master star 6

Nov 8, 2002
    what torks me off is congress is doing NOTHING about it. I am sorry i cannot STAND Nancy Poloski!! she has evaded things left and right. They had a statement from her saying something to the degree that they weren't going to do anything (looking for it).

However Obama said fix it! WHY isn't CONGRESS fixing it?? Congress is the one that gave them the money. OH they are PISSING me off. Heck i work at a company that does business with Citi and i can tell you we have cut back on our spending, including flights, car services and such. I love that my company is really making a point to do what is RIGHT during this time.

EDIT

Video from ABC news! still looking for the transcript on what Polaski said.

3. ArchaicRebel

ArchaicRebel Jedi Knight star 5

May 11, 2004
    You talking about Pelosi, or is there another Nancy?

Up until recently, she's been pretty stable despite representing the Bay Area. Then we get a Democratic House, Senate, and President and she steps out of bounds. :rolleyes: Honestly, it's as though she were treating Mr. Obama as though he were still the Junior Senator from Illinois and not the President of these United States.

All of Congress seems willing to bail out anyone except their constituents because these companies and executives have lobbyists and give campaign donations greater than my salary, so they don't want to hold them accountable for how they spend the free money they've given them, or make them do responsible things with it.

4. nnaydolem

nnaydolem Jedi Master star 6

Nov 8, 2002
    yep that is her...just my way of spelling it. :)

Actually the interviews i have seen with her...have NOT been very good. still trying to find what she said.

5. Zoom_Cthooga

Zoom_Cthooga Jedi Master star 6

Jun 30, 2004
    [22:33] Josh: so, been cruising through the colorado employment office website. all of these companies are in the stone age. when was the last time you saw a job that was "apply in person" that didn't involve wearing a nametag made with a letter punchgun?
    [22:34] Josh: and yet, the systems analyst position that is "apply in person" is $49/hr
    [22:35] Nigel: i guess they want to make sure you're in colorado?
    [22:35] Josh: do i need to bring donuts to that? condoms? wine? lunch? my own whiteboard?
    [22:35] Nigel: box o' wine.
    [22:36] Josh: choked on my mtn dew there
    [22:36] Nigel: doesn't require a lot of effort to make it a box o' win.
    [22:36] Josh: lol

6. Zoom_Cthooga

Zoom_Cthooga Jedi Master star 6

Jun 30, 2004
    And having written more cover letters, and Googling just exactly how to "apply in person" for a position, I shall be descending upon the hapless target tomorrow, and they will give me a job.

7. Mistress

Mistress Jedi Knight star 6

Oct 28, 2002

Best of luck, Zoomster. [face_praying]

8. ArchaicRebel

May 11, 2004
  9. Darth-Viper3k

Darth-Viper3k Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 17, 2005
    You know what pisses me off more than their rationale?
    They're using our US Tax money which is supposed to go to the IRS and OUR GOVERNMENT to pay for government funded services IN OUR COUNTRY such as schools, roads, highways, etc etc. And these bastards are sending OUR public funds overseas to Europe!?

The free market economic system works best when the money that fuels it is properly fed back into it. It can't get fed back into the system when it's shipped overseas!!!
    Unless of course we form a mob, steal the plane, and have it smelted and used for parts... get our public funds back and put it back into the economy.
    lol

10. ArchaicRebel

May 11, 2004
    It's not as bad if, say, we pay a French company for a plane assembled in Arkansas, where some many goes to pay for Americans' wages, and the rest goes to France. Suppose then that that French company buys something from a US company that it needs, like GE-made jet turbines. Yeah, there's no immediate turn around like that, and our trade deficit is HUGE ( imports > exports ). Generally it's more like: French company buys 6061 aluminum parts made in Hungary that were smelted in Indonesia that's made from bauxite mined in Australia which uses American and European-made equipment (such as GE or EMD locomotives, those huge dumptrucks and Swedish-made Volvo heavy equipment) that was made with steel that was recycled in the States and rubber that was harvested in Liberia and Brazil, and all of this is fueled by fossil fuels mined in the oil sands of Alberta, the wells in Azerbaijan, and Siberia, as well as the Middle East, who have to buy their heavy equipment and their computers are sold to them buy American companies who ship the computers direct from China...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.