main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Finding a Niche: "Leap of Faith". Mara, for Calendar 2012, February.

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by WarmNyota_SweetAyesha, Jan 4, 2012.

1. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Title: Finding a Niche

Author: Jade eyes

Characters: Focus will be on Mara, but others may show up with a POV, but she'll be the main focus of all entries.

Genre: Drama, really, snark, and later on mush. You know I'll find a way LOL

Disclaimer: Borrowing for fun.

Thanks to Lexi for this fun challenge!

Resolutions

After my world shattered over Endor that fateful day when the Empire fragmented and the Rebels had won - I found myself totally at a loss.

I'd been the Emperor's exclusive Agent for as long as I could remember and took great pride in that role.

What could I do with all that particular training? o_O How marketable were those specific skills? I didn't want to become a bounty hunter, after all.

I wasn't about to follow the shadow, the facade that the Empire would doubtless become now, certainly not with all the squabbling Moffs and arrogant Admirals and Warlords.

And with Isard -- no. I wanted none of that.

It was on a world far from the Core, when I caught the eye of a Talon Karrde.

One of his contacts had gotten into a fight with some idiot in a tavern and when the blaster fire erupted, I jumped in the fray when it looked like some of the nerf's friends were going to try and shoot up the rest of the innocent bystanders.

I grabbed his wrist and twisted, hard, until bones cracked.

Karrde must've sensed that I was more than just a thrill seeker or someone who liked a fight.

He saw me as someone who could be a valuable asset when things got crazy, as they do in his line of work.

He asked me over for a drink and as we talked, he said with time, I could work my way up in his organization.

I didn't fancy staying in one place for too long, and thankfully, he didn't.

I wasn't sure I was a "desk jockey" either, but the idea of proving my mettle and forging new ground - was appealing.

I still felt somewhat ... lost, but not so adrift.

++++++

:D :)

2. Jedi_Lover

Jedi_Lover Chosen One star 5

Nov 1, 2004
    Awesome! I would have loved to see the profics cover this time period--ABY to TTT.

I look forward to reading more!

3. LexiLupin

LexiLupin Jedi Knight star 4

Mar 27, 2011
    Oh, fun. :) I would LOVE to see the early Karrde/Mara relationship in profic, those were the good old days, weren't they?
    And I have no trouble imagining that she fell in with his crew after a scene like this. [face_laugh]

I'm quite looking forward to a couple of the months to see how you work the prompts around into Mara viggies... :D;)

4. Briannakin

Briannakin Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 25, 2010
    Awesome. It is nice to see Mara in this time period.

5. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    Yes nice to see how Mara entered the service of Talon

6. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    Very cool! :D

I love Mara taking charge of her life despite the bitterness she was feeling.

7. ginchy

ginchy Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 25, 2005
    Nice! Karrde really managed to help Mara so much and give her a new direction in life. I love her thoughts here.

8. LoriLynn

LoriLynn Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 13, 2011
    Excellent viggie! I love the Mara/Karrde dynamic, it's so interesting. I really need to read some more profic about it.

9. Thumper09

Thumper09 Force Ghost star 4

Dec 9, 2001
    Cool, it's neat hearing how Mara and Karrde first met. :) They found each other at the right time too. Picking up the pieces (either professionally or personally) had to have been very difficult for Mara, and your story shows how strong she is despite the challenges.

Great work!

10. Mondra

Mondra Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 12, 2010
    Gah, I can't believe I missed it before! I always wondered how Mara met Karrde and how she joined his organization. I guess he wasn't accepting CVs, so meeting in a bar fight sounds very probable. :D Great job!

11. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Thanks all! That was a blast to explore! :cool:

~~

A Leap Of Faith

When my path crossed that of Luke Skywalker, I hadd to believe his version of the Empire. If I did, that would diminish all I had previously and strongly took pride in.

I would have to accept the notion that perhaps -- maybe I was tainted by Sithly darkness.

But I knew what I'd seen over Endor!!!!

When the veil was lifted and I saw the events as they had really and genuinely unfolded, I had to admit that that last vision had been one last sneaky machination of Palpatine.

I gave an inward mental shrug. Somehow, I wasn't completely surprised by that ... not really.

When I worked with Luke at Wayland, and accepted the NR's offer of being a liaison, it was definitely a leap of faith.

I was remaking myself ... again, but somehow, the shadows and residual burdens seemed lessened.

With each day free of that krething last command, I felt more my own person.

+++++

:D

12. Briannakin

Briannakin Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 25, 2010
    I like the feeling of FREEDOM Mara has now :)

13. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    Very good recount of Mara's growth. =D=

14. Jedi_Lover

Jedi_Lover Chosen One star 5

Nov 1, 2004
    She's free! Now she can feel free to date a certain farmboy. [face_whistling] :D

15. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    great thoughts of Mara and good use of the challenge

16. Mondra

Mondra Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 12, 2010
    I really enjoyed that! It's good to take a look into Mara's thoughts from time to time. :D

17. Thumper09

Thumper09 Force Ghost star 4

Dec 9, 2001
    That's got to be tough for Mara-- accepting that everything she had known could be cast into doubt if she allowed herself to look at it a different way. I don't think I'd have the guts to do that myself and take that leap to believe and do something so different. I never considered this facet of her before. Great job!

18. ginchy

ginchy Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 25, 2005
    I thought I had commented on this! Anyway, I like how you have Mara figuring out her own mind first. She can't love Luke with so much baggage. They'll be stronger together if they're strong apart. [face_love]