main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends Finding a Way Home (Halloween JA horror)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Ginger_Jedi, Oct 31, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ginger_Jedi

Ginger_Jedi Jedi Knight star 6

Jun 4, 2001
    Title: Finding a Way Home by Ginger_Jedi

Summary: Obi-Wan agrees to a dare. Will he survive a night of terror?

Time frame: Eight years pre-TPM (Obi is 17)

Rating: PG-13 ? it is Halloween kids ;)

Disclaimer: All recognizable characters and places are property of Mr George Lucas and anyone else who owns a bit of the Star Wars world. The story is mine...heheheheheheh?you?d be worried if George made this into a Star Wars movie [face_devil]

Author?s Note: Happy Halloween!

Warning ? please take heed of the rating. There?s a reason for it.

This is for Lady_Moonbeam?s Ghastly Halloween fan fic contest.

There was a reason people didn?t go into this part of the Temple, Obi-Wan mused as he edged through the shadow-entrenched corridor. There was an actual written rule to stop people from going into this part of the Temple. Many years ago, in a time only Yoda had been alive to see, this deeply subterranean level of the Jedi Temple had seen a massacre of horrific proportions. A group of five Jedi ? three of whom were Knights and the other two were rumoured to have been Masters ? had fallen to the Darkside and brought countless victims to the forbidden area of the Temple to torture and kill. The Library?s official report said the Council at the time had been forced to kill the five fallen Jedi but not before well over two hundred Jedi of every age and rank had been brutally killed. The area of the Temple had been permanently sealed, forever tainted by the atrocities it had been host to. Understandably, imaginative Padawans who were intent upon scaring their peers and the little Initiates had cooked up more ghost stories than years since the incident. Everyone knew how the five fallen Jedi roamed the dark abandoned hallways and training rooms, searching for a new victim to mutilate. And only the little babies didn?t know and fear the fact that if one were to become caught by the wraiths of the fallen Jedi, his or her life-force would be sucked right out of their body so that the five evildoers could rise again.

So why Obi-Wan had agreed to prove Garen and Reeft wrong and prove he could spend the night down there on his own was quite beyond him. The seventeen-year-old figured it was because of some stupid desire he had to prove that those old terrifying bedtime stories did not scare his rational, nearly grown-up self.

Of course Qui-Gon would have kittens if he found out his Padawan was breaking strict rules down in the Temple?s mysterious depths but unfortunately for the Jedi Master he had caught a nasty cold and had been ordered by the Infirmary to get plenty of bed rest. The Master wasn?t expecting his young Padawan home that night thanks to Garen?s timely invitation to sleepover. Of course, being a sleepover for guys it involved a game of Truth Or Dare that got blown out of all proportion and led to Obi-Wan?s all-night trudge through the ancient basement.

/I should?ve known he?d pull something like this/ Obi-Wan mentally grumbled. He was heading through the dim out-of-bounds hallways without a flashlight, as per the guidelines of the dare and was guided only by the few dim, flickering emergency bulbs that still struggled to shine. He?d been down there for what seemed like hours already. In fact he had no idea how long he?d been down there because he also didn?t have a chrono to measure time with. /Still, it will be fun to make both of them go through this once I?m through. Then we?ll see who?s still afraid of the dark./

The air was stale and stank of dust. Obi-Wan sneezed and each time he did the foul taste of the aged grime coated his tongue. He wished he had a drink to wash away the taste but this was a night for surviving on his own without food, drink or a flashlight. After all, if there were ghosts (which there weren?t!) they weren?t going to come out with lights flashing everywhere.

?Remind me to never do this again.?

His voice echoed, adding life to the decrepit place. The Force suddenly gave an uneasy lurch and Obi-Wan

2. Jedi_Knight150

Jedi_Knight150 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 26, 2002
    Oooo. That was good! The eyes of the bodies followin him was a nice touch. Very nice job.

3. Keeper_of_Swords

Keeper_of_Swords Jedi Master star 5

Sep 20, 2003
    Spooky.

Makes me aware that even the Temple may have a dark side.

4. Xanatos_son_of_Crion

Xanatos_son_of_Crion Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 27, 2003

Wonderfully spooky.

5. PatttyB0123

PatttyB0123 Former RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 2, 2003
    Wow. great story. the blood and the worry padawan. Super story.

6. Ginger_Jedi

Jun 4, 2001
    Thanks for reading Jedi_Knight150, Keeper_of_Swords, Xanatos and Patty :) I'm glad you found it spooky ^_^

7. Happy_Hobbit_Padawan

Happy_Hobbit_Padawan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 3, 2003
    Yikes! That was scary!

I loved the part where the light went out and he had the image burned on his eyes of a shadowy figure coming toward him! I gasped at that.

I also loved how you described him slowly, slowly turning to see what was behind him, and then he didn't see anything. I was cringing at what he might see.

And all those corpses and skeletons grabbing him! *faints*

Awesome job. :D

8. ca_tron

ca_tron Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 6, 2002
    That was very scary, it gave me goosebumps.

9. Ginger_Jedi

Jun 4, 2001
    Thanks for reading Happy_Hobbit_Padawan (nice colours!) and ca_tron :D Glad I could provide you with a festive scare ;)

10. PadawanKitara

PadawanKitara Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 31, 2001
  11. Lurkalidth

Lurkalidth Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 5, 2003
    ::shiver:: ::shiver:: BrRRr! That was very spooky. I think I'm having nightmares tonight! :) But...but I really loved Obi-Wan's reaction, how he laughed until he cried, then couldn't stop crying.

Thx for sharing this.

12. Ginger_Jedi

Jun 4, 2001
    Thanks for reading and replying PadawanKitara and Lurkalidth :)

Hmmm...perhaps I should write more horror...

13. mad4dos

mad4dos Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 3, 2003
    nice fic

"The Force remained unsettled. There was a constant buzz at the back of Obi-Wan?s consciousness, like a busy chainsaw.

/?Like a busy chainsaw?? What the hell am I thi-/ "
    lol
    mad4dos

14. ApprenticeM

ApprenticeM Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 10, 2001
    Oh...spooky Ginger........Liked the chain saw line 8-}

And it only took me til mid-November to read this one!! :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.