main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Finding LOTR Music for a SW fanfilm

Discussion in 'Fan Films, Fan Audio & SciFi 3D' started by fireresq7, Apr 26, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fireresq7

fireresq7 Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 24, 2002
    Hello everyone,

As everyone knows I am working on a plot for my next film TJS2. And there is this clip of music that I captured from LOTR FOTR and I can not find it on the CD. So I was wondering if anyone knew if this particular piece was available from somewhere else(maybe extracted from the video game?)
    clickie

Is there a way to filter out the dialouge?

Thanks in advance.
    ~Rory

2. JEDIBYKNIGHT

JEDIBYKNIGHT Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 17, 2001
    I think your best bet is to wait for the new soundtracks they are about to release, 3 discs per film or something along those lines. So we will get the complete score for each film.

Also, I am SO, SO glad this wasn't a Requiem for a Dream remix question. Thank you.

3. fireresq7

Oct 24, 2002
    Cool thanks...I didn't even know they were coming out with one! Any clue when?

Also, I am SO, SO glad this wasn't a Requiem for a Dream remix question.
    Why? is everyone using the lotr music for jedi funerals?

4. AdamBertocci

AdamBertocci Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 3, 2002
    // obligatory "LOTR or KOTOR" joke here

Rick McCallum loves you!

5. fireresq7

Oct 24, 2002
    I just realized that Adam...the grammatical error really has nothing to do with KOTOR though. It's just that everytime I see the LOTR acronym,I always say the word LOTOR in my head. Am I alone here?

~Rory

6. Med_21B

Med_21B Jedi Master star 4

Apr 21, 2004
    I actually say LOTER. But yeah, what's wrong with Req. remix? I didn't realize it was used that much. I prefer the original from the track though, it's less intense, more melancholy[sp], better for funerals if that's your purpose. I used it once for a campaign ad for school, I think it turned some heads, it's a good track.

As for the LOTR snippit, I remember it, but I don't know where it is on the track. I have ROTK and FOTR, but I'm not sure if it's on either of them, I'll keep my ears open though.

7. Son-Of-Suns

Son-Of-Suns Jedi Master star 4

Aug 18, 2000
    [Edit: Nevermind, a site was given below]

And like that...he's gone.

8. PadawanEstel

PadawanEstel Jedi Master star 1

Jan 23, 2004
    Yes, I think so. It's here, in the one called Cahadras. What you want is near the end, I belive.

9. Sau-Den

Sau-Den Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 3, 2002
    You can also find snippets of it in the Minas Morgul track on the ROTK soundtrack.

10. fireresq7

Oct 24, 2002
    Oh man you guys are the best!!
    Thanks a million!!
    How did they do that?

Now if I can find an extended version of the bridge of kaza doom...the part where they run over the long bridge.
    ~Rory

11. charonis

charonis Jedi Youngling

Dec 10, 2003
    Which extended version of the Khazad Dum track do you want? The track on the soundtrack has the entire piece that's in the movie, from escaping Balin's tomb right through to where the Fellowship is crying outside Moria.

12. fireresq7

Oct 24, 2002
    Actually ..no it doesn't. It's missing the part where they have a bird's eye shot of all of them running over the bridge. The one tune that's played in that particular sequence is awesome...and trust me, it's not on the soundtrack. It's like they just cut it out. It's only an extra 10sec of music too.

~Rory

13. charonis

charonis Jedi Youngling

Dec 10, 2003
    I stand corrected. Actually, it looks like they've cut out that entire section. The music in the soundtrack goes from when the balrog first appears, and then cuts to when Gandalf is taken down by the whip. Weird...

14. fireresq7

Oct 24, 2002
    yeah the only way I can think of getting that sound is by recording it from The Two Towers for the x-box. During one of the levels you can hear the missing portion mixed in.

~Rory

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.