main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Finding Nemo

Discussion in 'United Kingdom' started by halibut, Sep 18, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. halibut

halibut Ex-Mod star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 27, 2000
    Any of you guys seen this yet? It certainly gets into my top 5 Disney films. The humour is brilliant, and the whole 'under the sea' animation is totally authentic!

"I shall call him Squishy and he shall be mine. He shall be my Squishy"

BTW, top 5 disney films (in no particular order)

Finding Nemo
    Jungle Book
    Mary Poppins
    Emperor's New Groove
    Lion King

2. malkieD2

malkieD2 Ex-Manager and RSA star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2002
    I haven't seen this movie yet. I'm saving it for a transatlantic crossing - I love those sort of movies on a flight. I watched Monsters Inc for the first time on a flight and loved it.

Anyways, I've never seen a bad Disney movie - they are always well drawn, well scripted, and have an excellent sound track.

Their older stuff can be a bit lame, but you cannot argue with the colour and animation of Sleeping Beauty or Bambi. Their newer stuff has more humour in it, which appeals to me.

Lion King is up there as one of my favourites, along with The Jungle Book. (Have you ever came home from the pub and watched The Jungle Book ? Its a good time!)

And of course, no Disney thread would be complete without a mention of Tron, which is an amazing movie well ahead of its time, and which *still* stands up today.

3. Ramesh

Ramesh Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 30, 2000
    Yes indeedy. Disney & Pixar dazzle and deliver! I'm looking forward to this. Finding Nemo easily ousted the Lion King earlier this year as the most successful animated movie and having taken in a whopping $350million it could even be the biggest box office hit of year, surprising considering the strength of the competition - Matrix, Terminator, Lord of the Rings etc.

4. Everton

Everton Chosen One star 10

Jul 18, 2003
    Finding Nemo is an excellent treat. The whole thing is a shop full of eye candy. I don't rate it above such luminaries as Toy Story 1 & 2 or Monsters Inc, but such a distinction is hardly worth making because Pixar only make gold! :)

My Pixar Film League:

1) Toy Story
    2) Toy Story 2
    3) Monsters Inc
    4) Finding Nemo
    5) A Bug's Life

But as I said, they're all well above excellent; all scoring within a percentage of one another!

5. halibut

halibut Ex-Mod star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 27, 2000
    I am one of the only ones bitterly disappointed with Monsters Inc. I've seen it twice, and I only watched it the second time because I thought I must have missed something the first time, cos I didn't like it. I don't like John Goodman in Disney films. He was the only bad thing about THe Emperor's New Groove, but now he's in everything!

I just found no decent humour in it, and the film, to me, was instantly forgettable. I remember the trailer more than the film (where they're playing charades and he guesses Star Wars straight away). The door chase was quite impressive, but not as good as the baggage chase in Toy Story 2.

My pixar top 5 is

1) Toy Story
    2) Finding Nemo
    3) Toy Story 2
    4) Bugs Life
    5) Monsters Inc

6. Jedi-Washington

Jedi-Washington Jedi Master star 4

Aug 3, 2003
    I liked Finding Nemo more then Toy story. its just amazing! I also like the music in finding Nemo. its very flowing. there are some parts that arent the best, but I love the main theme.

7. Obi Anne

Obi Anne Celebration Mistress of Ceremonies star 8 Staff Member Manager

Nov 4, 1998
    I can't wait until it comes to Sweden, and thankfully I'm living in town big enough so we will get it in English as well as Swedish.

My favourite Disney's in no particular order:

The Beauty and the Beast
    Robin Hood
    The little Mermaid
    The Jungle Book
    Mulan

8. AmberStarbright

AmberStarbright Jedi Grand Master star 7

Dec 20, 2002
    I would say yes but considering I work in a cinema and going to have screaming kids for the whole month that this is out I go with no.....although I'll probably enjoy it more when the hype calms down ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.