main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit Finding Rebels Magazine- You're the Man Now Dark Horse!

Discussion in 'Literature' started by JediAlly, Apr 1, 2017.

1. JediAlly

JediAlly Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 31, 2000
    Well, it's been a while since I posted on these boards. Anyway, it seems I am like a whole bunch of Rebel fans in the US who found ourselves in a quandry. Titan Magazines has decided to cancel the Rebel Magazines for some reason. Now it seems the only way to get them would be to go to order them from Europe. From what I've seen on the Wook, the magazines over there seem to be coming out in English and German. Can I order them from the Amazon website focused in Europe, and if so, are they available in English or only German. If they're only available in German, meesa in deep poodoo.

2. jafo

jafo Jedi Grand Master star 2

Oct 20, 2001
    The Rebels magazine was cancelled some time ag in the UK

3. JediAlly

Oct 31, 2000
    My main interest in the magazine is the comics, as they told more stories from the Rebels series. So I could go to the Amazon UK site, order the issues that contain the comics that haven't been presented in the US magazines. Right? But that still leaves a bunch of comics that have been published in Germany since the cancellation of the UK comics. Are those comics in English or German?

4. LelalMekha

LelalMekha Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 29, 2012
    Comic stories 1 to 22 were published in English in the UK version. Currently, stories 23-30 are only available in German.

5. JediAlly

Oct 31, 2000

Are there any plans on making stories 23-30 and future stories available in English?

6. bsmith7174

bsmith7174 Jedi Master star 3

Apr 17, 2015
    No plans at the moment. I emailed Titan Magazines as recent as last week asking the same question and that's what they told me.

7. JediAlly

Oct 31, 2000
    And no plans to collate them into a collection, like they have done with the Dark Horse collections or the comics associated with the Clone Wars that started in 2008 with Ahsoka, not the ones that lasted from 2002 to 2005?

8. LelalMekha

Oct 29, 2012
    German TPBs do exist. Two issues have already been published, and one more is set for release this summer. Then again, I know you don't want them in German, but I wanted to mention it anyway just to be complete.

9. JediAlly

Oct 31, 2000
    Thanks. Even if I could speak and read German, I would want them in English.

10. LelalMekha

Oct 29, 2012
    Yes, this situation is a bit ridiculous, especially since thos stories are written in English in the first place.

11. JediAlly

Oct 31, 2000
    Personally, what's ridiculous is Titan Magazines and the British company cancelling the magazine when the TV series is still going full steam.

12. Taalcon

Taalcon Chosen One star 4

Jul 12, 1998
    Well, if it's not selling in a way that makes it profitable for them, it's a matter of being a necessary business decision. Listen, starting with the second issue, I picked up one every time one showed up in our supermarket here in the States. I have every issue from 2 to the end of its US run. My daughter has some of the posters from the mag of the Ghost crew on her wall. I'd still buy it regularly, but it looks like enough American and British fans didn't buy it regularly enough to make it profitable for them. Can't hate on them for closing it up if that's the case.

13. Endol

Endol Jedi Master star 3

Nov 14, 2014
    from my emails to Egmont UK who published them in the UK, they are negociating with Disney to put the comics in their Adventures Magazine. been a month or so since I had that response, no update since.

14. JediAlly

Oct 31, 2000

Can't argue on that. It all comes down to this: $$$$$

15. Jacken_Skywalker

Jacken_Skywalker Jedi Master

Jul 9, 2011
    Are these still being printed in the US at all? Does anybody know? I really want to read more stories with the Ghost crew, especially with Season 4 being the last!!

16. The Positive Fan

The Positive Fan Force Ghost star 4

Jan 19, 2015
    They are not. Issue #8 was the last issue in the US run, which took us up to the 15th installment of the comics (of which there are now, what, 29 or 30 total installments?). Other than Endol's report above about possible negotiations to publish the comics in a different Disney magazine, no word on when they'll reach our shores.

17. Jacken_Skywalker

Jacken_Skywalker Jedi Master

Jul 9, 2011
    That's so frustrating. I hope they manage to release them in some form soon. A collection of some form would be great, or at least release them online once the magazine's run has completely ended.

18. JediAlly

Oct 31, 2000
    I'm planning on getting an e-reader soon. Now if I was getting these comics from the beginning, then I would want to know if they're available in that format. But since I got them in printed format, I would like to continue to get them in that format.

19. The Positive Fan

Jan 19, 2015
    I wouldn't mind seeing them show up in the Insider. It would make the discontinuation of the short stories in that magazine a little easier to bear.

20. CooperTFN

CooperTFN TFN EU Staff Emeritus star 7 VIP

Jul 8, 1999
    I can't not read the title of this thread as "Finding Rebels Magazine". Which I guess is what Thrawn and Kallus read IU.

Barriss_Coffee likes this.
  21. Endol

Endol Jedi Master star 3

Nov 14, 2014
    Egmont told me they were in negotiations with Disney about the rebels comics being printed in the Adventures Magazine.

Quite why there needs to be negotiations I don't know. That message came to me beginning of March. No word since

22. The Positive Fan

Jan 19, 2015
    I wasn't sure which of the multiple "German Rebels Magazine"-related threads to bump, so I randomly picked this one: the long-awaited English-language Dark Horse Comics TPB compilation of these rare comics releases today to comic stores that pre-ordered it, and August 16 everywhere else. This edition contains all 41* Rebels comics; I think this means that the only canon comics from the German magazines that haven't been reprinted yet in English are the Resistance episode adaptations. (Maybe they'll show up in a TPB or one-shot at some point?) Dark Horse returns to Star Wars comic publishing with a bang!

* Both Amazon and Dark Horse's web site say there are 43 comics; this is probably an error based on the fact that there were 43 issues of Star Wars Rebels Magazine; only 41 of them contained original stories, however. Unless we're getting some very unexpected bonus content, there should only be 41 comics in this TPB.

23. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    However you slice it, this'll be a fat trade.

The Positive Fan likes this.
  24. The Positive Fan

Jan 19, 2015
    It sure will. Amazon gives it a page count of 504 and a weight of 2.4 pounds; for those of us used to the usual Marvel TPBs that's the equivalent of roughly four and a half of those. At $26.99 USD on Amazon it's also quite the bargain, especially for those of us used to paying $15.99 USD or more for those slim Marvel trades.

25. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    Unusual by Marvel standards but not so much DHC.

Although, it looks like supply / licensing issues are screwing with UK availability.