main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Finding the Truth --sequel to Green Eyed Monster-- (short JA)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Jedi Susie, Aug 23, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi Susie

Jedi Susie Jedi Master star 4

Mar 12, 2000
    Disclaimer: Not mine etc?

Rating: G?although I use the 'd' word?so then, maybe PG

Archive: The Regulars who have been given permission before.

Spoilers: JA books

Timeframe: Obi is 13- takes place a bit after the first part of Deceptions.

Notes: Well, here's the sequel to Green Eyed Monster. The things in italics should be recognizable and I recommend you read GEM first so you can just understand certain plot points. Namely- what is going on :)

BTW- I blame everyone who wanted a sequel for making me loose sleep until I got the one i wanted.

FB would be wonderful :)

~*~

FINDING THE TRUTH
    By: Susie

~*~

"Finding out the truth will hurt more than finding out the lie." ---unknown

~*~

I hear the soft rustling of robes just in my doorway and slowly my eyes head in that direction. I look up to see Qui-Gon standing, staring at me intently. I meet his gaze and offer a small smile.

"Hello, Master."

He continues to stare which is slowly starting to unnerve me. Did I do something wrong that I forgot about? Am I failing a class? Nothing pops in my head, so I just stare back with my head slightly tilted in question. I know my Master- he'll get the idea.

For a few more seconds he just looks at me and I notice something about his eyes. They look---sad. Very sad and empty. 'Oh, Force', is all I can think, 'what did I do?'

A hand reaches into one of the many pockets of the Jedi robes and I just watch as my Master pulls out a small data pad.

"I found this." His voice is hollow sounding to my ears.

"Whose is it?"

He doesn't answer, but flips the pad in my direction. It lands with a 'thump' on the bed I'm sitting on and I lean over to look closer at it.

"Do you want to explain this to me?" He questions just as I activate the opening page and read it.

'Property of Obi-Wan Kenobi'

It's my journal---well---of sorts. It's more of an old pad I carry around with me to write certain things when I have the urge. Be it mission assignments, letters to friends, or even my thoughts. I haven't seen it around since the last time I wrote in it, which was...

Oh, Force.

Suddenly the room seems much too small and the air much to thin. I begin to try and calm myself- surely my Master would never read this. It's is my property- he's never invaded my space before.

"Explain what?" My voice is hoarse namely due to the fact I can't get any saliva to my tongue.

Qui-Gon crosses his arms in that certain 'Master' way. The one that clearly says 'you know what I'm talking about.' Oh, Sith, please let this be a horrid nightmare.

"You wrote something quiet-" He pauses, I bet trying to find the right word. "Interesting." The tone isn't cruel or sarcastic, but almost distressful.

No. This isn't happening. He wasn't supposed to know.

"It is true?" The question barely reaches my ears, but I can hear the pain in his voice clearly.

My secret. My feelings. My pain.

They aren't his to know.

"Is what true?" If I keep adverting it, it will go away.

"What you wrote?"

Force, I'm shaking. He wasn't supposed to know. "What did you read?"

His arms fly up in the air. "Padawan, do *not* do this." A crack in his voice causes me to flinch. "You know exactly what I'm talking about. That---that---entry. Did you mean what you wrote?" He's reached his breaking point.

Mentally, I think back to the subconscious writing I did just last night while Qui-Gon was out with Tahl.

I am envious of Tahl.

He wasn't supposed to read any of it.

I'm only his Padawan.

How could he read it?

The boy that he never wanted and tried so hard never to get.

Force, he knows *everything.*

Why can't I be the one that gets his praise, his devotion, and his love?

My breathing becomes short and my mind blank. All I can see and hear are my words- those damnable words.

I am an unworthy Padawan of Qui-Gon Jinn, he deserves so much better than I can ever do.

I look up to see my Master looking at m

2. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    OMG!!! That was breathtaking Susie!!!! You've got me sitting here crying as I type this....

That is just how I see Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan and you wrote it with such simple, straightforward emotions I'm in awe!!!

Thank you Susie!!! The is a stunning sequel! :) :)

3. Jemmiah

Jemmiah Jedi Master star 5

Mar 5, 2000
    That was just spectacular, Susie! Why, I'm always in favor of a healthy dose of mush, especially seeing as (to date) the JA books are so bereft of it! That was a most beautiful sequel. Nice to see Qui-Gon show some feelings for his padawan's guilt and hurt.

Wonderful! :) :) :)

4. Cow_Girl

Cow_Girl Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 15, 2001
    That was so good!
    I am too tired right now to put what I thought of it in better words. Anyways I really liked and I really hope that Qui-gon and Ob-wan do have a little talk later.
    Great Work
    CG

5. ewen

ewen Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 11, 2001
    thanx for sequel.Just goes to show you,it does not have to be long to be a good story.No I will take that back, to be a GREAT story.PEACE Ewen

6. Jedi Susie

Mar 12, 2000
    Thank you all so much! I'm glad your mush want was filled ;)

I really don't know what to say to all the wonderful FB I recieved for this and GEM...you guys are so nice and supportive. **sniffle** Thanks a ton!!

7. KSkywalker

KSkywalker Jedi Grand Master star 3

Aug 7, 1998
    Mush is Good!!! [face_love] So is this story!! [face_love]

8. greencat336

greencat336 Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 27, 2001
    That was a fantastic story, Jedi Susie! Wonderful, wonderful mush [face_love] You did the right thing by keeping it in first person/Obi POV. I liked the way you put in the lines from GEM. I liked Obi's intital reaction to realizing Qui had discovered what he had written and the way Qui acted. Or more simply put, I liked the whole thing :D

So what's the next story you are writing and how soon do we get to read it?

9. Jedi Susie

Mar 12, 2000
    A bit demanding, eh greencat? ;) But, you gave such wonderful FB I'll let you in on a secret. I do have a story almost done, however, it's not JA, but Post-TPM. Big sigh, I know. But, you could look for that if you want to.

Thanks to everyone for the FB---I couldn't ask to post my stories to a nicer bunch of readers.

10. Abbi_Cee

Abbi_Cee Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 3, 2000
    Awww, that was so sweet. (sniff) A lovely sequel, I enjoyed reading it.

11. Siri_the_Angel

Siri_the_Angel Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 23, 2001
    Is the next on another sequel?

12. Jedi Susie

Mar 12, 2000
    Siri_the_angel: There might be one after the next JA books- after we get to see what happens with Talh.

Abbi- Thank you :)

13. jedi_master_gimpy

jedi_master_gimpy Jedi Master star 4

Jan 12, 2000
    :_| Susie, that was superb!!! I was blinking back tears throughout almost the whole thing! You did an amazing job writing it, especially with the first person/Obi POV - it was superb!!

I am really looking forward to your next story! (coughcoughelbowcoughcough) ;) :D I'll get out the puppy-eyes if I have to...

14. greencat336

greencat336 Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 27, 2001
    Post TPM? So your story will be Anakin and Obi-Wan? No Qui, though, sigh.

PM me, please, when you post the story.

A third sequel after the next JA book would be very nice. ::::::Greencat tries to ask sweetly, rather than banging on the table demanding more. It's not her usual approach, but its crazy enough that it just might work ;) :::::::::::::::

15. Jedi Susie

Mar 12, 2000
    Thank Gimpy! I'm glad you liked the story. As for the **coughcough** You might be happy to know the story is in the works and close to being posted...I just have to see how school goes once it starts.

Greencat- A third sequel could be possible :)

16. Jane Jinn

Jane Jinn Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 12, 2000
    That was wonderful! I liked the way Obi-Wan hoped that it would all go away if he kept averting it, but it didn't, and then it all turned out differently, and better, than he'd expected. Very nice!

17. Jedi Susie

Mar 12, 2000
    Thank you, Jane! I figured Obi would never want to face the fact his master knew his deepest emotions and the feeling of worthlessness and jealousy he had.

Thank you for reading and reviewing so nicely! :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.