main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends ~Finding Truth~- After a chat with her brother, Jaina realizes the truth that was always there.(J/Z)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by ZekksGoddess, Apr 19, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ZekksGoddess

ZekksGoddess Jedi Master star 4

Oct 2, 2004
    Finding Truth
    by ZekksGoddess

Disclaimer: Alright all ready!! I don?t own Star Wars! Aww, now I?m going to have to go back into remission and everything? :rolleyes: lol
    Summary: The ?Vong war ended two weeks ago, and Jaina Solo has said her goodbyes to Jagged Fel. Now it?s time for Jaina to learn that brothers can be much more perceptive than they are given credit for, and have the ability to find the deeper reason?
    Keywords: Zekk, Jag, love, brothers know best

A/N: Well, here it is, my first one-poster on JC?enjoy! (And don?t forget to review!)

?All my life I've heard a thousand lies.
    Seen myself through someone else's eyes.
    Remember what you did to me?
    For you know I won't forget.
    Now you've broken everything.
    Is your heart filled with regret??
    -Godhead

?Hey Jaya?what are you doing out here??

The unexpected sound of her brother?s concerned voice startled the young woman out of her reverie and she twisted in his direction, tilting her head up at him.

After at least an hour of searching before it had finally occurred to him to reach out with the Force, Jacen Solo had found his twin alone, seated precariously on the railing of a particularly high balcony. She had been out here for hours and hours on end, in fact, just gazing at the stars as they twinkled majestically in the sky, far above her. The end of the Yuuzhan Vong war couldn?t have been more than two standard weeks ago. And now, here they were?

A brother and sister, both changed people due to the proceeds of time and hardship. To Jacen, it seemed an eternity had passed since he had last talked to his sister, or much less, had connected with her in any way. She was so?different. It was almost as though he was meeting her for the first time. It was such a strange feeling to know that the sole person he had once known better than anyone else in the universe was now a perfect stranger.

Their days at the Jedi Academy on Yavin 4 with all their friends, Tenel Ka, Lowie, Zekk, Raynar, Lusa were long ago?the memories washed over him, engulfing him in a wave of sadness, and longing. Those days had been etched deep into his heart, and he knew, however much he wanted to deny it, there was never any going back-

?Thinking, I suppose.? Jaina?s soft reply jerked Jacen from his reverie and he leaned against the railing next to where she sat. Her long, dark hair fell down her back in a thick braid, thin wisps falling from the loose plait to frame her face, the stars reflecting in her dark, liquid eyes. It was the first time Jacen had even seen his sister this close in?years, he assumed.

Briefly, he ran through everything he had heard about his sister from others. Her fall to the dark, taking up apprentice-ship to Kyp Durron, the list went on?but what surprised the brandy-eyed young man most of all, he had to admit, was the young man who had taken such a significant role in his sister?s life.

For the longest time, he had never understood why in all the nine Corellian hells, Jagged Fel seemed to be his sister?s prime choice. Or why Zekk seemed to have vanished from her memory. For a long time, this had stumped him. But now, he thought he had discovered the answer.

?So?where?s Fel, anyway?? He asked, the fact that he hadn?t seen the grim pilot in quite some time surfacing in his mind. In fact, the last time he remembered seeing Fel had been back on Zonama Sekot?

Jaina had long since turned her dark eyes back to the sky, scanning the night, as though searching for something within the vast depths of the universe. With a small sigh, she finally responded. ?Well, I guess you?ll be the first to know. Jag and I are over.?

?What? When did that happen?? Jacen asked, surprise overtaking him. He couldn?t say he was upset about the break-up, but well?he did feel sympathy for his twin. Fel on the other hand, he could care less about. The pilot had never been of very high-esteem in Jacen?s mind?

?It was a few weeks ago, on Zonama Sekot. I didn?t even know I

2. YodaKenobi

YodaKenobi Former TFN Books Staff star 6 VIP

May 27, 2003
    They?ve both got the whole black hair and green eyes thing going, they?re both great pilots that could give you a run for your money... I think the plus with Fel was that he was closer to Zekk?s age?and without the Force potential.?

[face_laugh]

I really liked the reflections on Jaina post-war, and I kind of agree with the assessment that she wasn't really in love with Jag (though I don't know about him being a substitue for Zekk :p). An interesting way to end it as well. Good post :)

3. Neo-Paladin

Neo-Paladin Jedi Master star 4

Dec 10, 2004
    An interesting snapshot moment, to be sure. Now that the war is over they are in position to decide where their lives will go and what they mean. I liked how they drew each other out in different places, making the other take the next step in the conversation. Jacen certainly has an opinion of who his sister should be with o_O Sounds good to me ;)

Some of the conclusions Jacen came to I hadn't seen but make sense.

I guess the only question now is what will Jaina do about it? They seem to be in a place where they can finally get their timing right if either of them go for it... So next post? ;)

4. ZekksGoddess

Oct 2, 2004
    I kind of agree with the assessment that she wasn't really in love with Jag(though I don't know about him being a substitue for Zekk).

Yeah, I'm not all about that either. I think the thing was Jag was that Jaina needed someone to keep her sane during the harsh time she was going through. The substitue for Zekk thing was pretty much the obsessive fan-girl coming out in me...lol [face_love]

I liked how they drew each other out in different places, making the other take the next step in the conversation.

Oh, thank you! [:D] I wasn't sure about the whole dialogue thing...I thought I'd screwed it up big-time!

So next post?

Hmm, I've actually been considering leaving this a one-poster...What do you all think??

5. Jedi_Bubbles

Jedi_Bubbles Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 18, 2004
    Ooooooohhh!!! That was good!!!

?Yeah. See, you?ve been?ah?involved in one way or another with both Fel and Durron. I mean, yeah?they?re both their own people and everything, but have you noticed the similarities in the situations? They?ve both got the whole black hair and green eyes thing going, they?re both great pilots that could give you a run for your money... I think the plus with Fel was that he was closer to Zekk?s age?and without the Force potential.?

*nods along* That is so RIGHT!!! If you leave this as a one-poster, that's great but, I'll keep thinking 'what if...?'.

Great job! I'm so happy there's another J/Zer out there! There's not too many of us left.

6. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    I've read a number of J/J and J/K. Time to get more info on J/Z.

This is quite fascinating. I'm impressed with Jacen's observations of his sister... quite the smart there, that man.

?And you had two choices. Jag, a responsible military pilot with a perfectly clean record and a clean past, or Zekk?a former ?bad boy? who scavenged the lower levels of Coruscant and had turned to the dark side at some point in his life. I think you went with the safer choice, the one that would redeem you in other people?s eyes.? This makes perfect sense too!

Excellent viggie! :)

7. ZekksGoddess

Oct 2, 2004
    Ooooooohhh!!! That was good!!!
    Awww, thankies!! :D

Great job! I'm so happy there's another J/Zer out there! There's not too many of us left.
    J/Z rocks!!! It's fans must unite!!! *giggles at her own corny-ness*

I've read a number of J/J and J/K. Time to get more info on J/Z.
    J/Z is fantastic!! I could never be converted. Trickster_Jaina_Fel has some really good J/Z stuff. Zekk is mostly in the Young Jedi Knights series if you're interested..lol. Gotta love Zekkie!! [face_love]

This is quite fascinating. I'm impressed with Jacen's observations of his sister... quite the smart there, that man.
    Thanks! :D And yeah, in my mind Jacen was always a pretty observant guy during the NJO and after his seperation from his twin, he missed her a lot, and really wanted to know how her life was going...lol

And I still haven't decided whether to leave this as a one-poster or not yet, I'll let you all know as soon as I do!!

8. Neo-Paladin

Neo-Paladin Jedi Master star 4

Dec 10, 2004
    Hmmm... one post or not?
    Either way would be fine; this stands on it's own well. If I could sway you it would be towards more. ;) I'd kind of like to know what Jaina responds to the conversation. It would be interesting to see how Zekk would respond too, as I don't think he'd accept things just going back to what they were before...

However if you just aren't 'feeling it', then don't do it!

9. DathomiranAuthor

DathomiranAuthor Jedi Knight star 3

Jan 18, 2005
    Another post would be awesome! I'd definitely read it! :D

Yay! You wrote J/Z!!

Lovely description throughout this. I love how you describe Jaina looking from the stars to the hovercars. It creates imagery and the moment's tension. Wonderful mood you created. Great characterization too.

10. ZekksGoddess

Oct 2, 2004
    Yay! You wrote J/Z!!
    I'm guessing you're a J/Z fan?? Hurray!! There's far too few of us!

Lovely description throughout this. I love how you describe Jaina looking from the stars to the hovercars. It creates imagery and the moment's tension. Wonderful mood you created. Great characterization too.
    :D Awww....thank you! [face_blush]

I'd kind of like to know what Jaina responds to the conversation. It would be interesting to see how Zekk would respond too, as I don't think he'd accept things just going back to what they were before...
    Hmmm, well...I've finally decided to leave Finding Truth as a one-poster...but I'm working one another one-poster that sort of deals with the same type thing...except it's not a Jaina and Jacen confrontation this time around...heh heh heh!!

11. Kyo-kun_Fan

Kyo-kun_Fan Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 28, 2004
    Hmmm, well...I've finally decided to leave Finding Truth as a one-poster...but I'm working one another one-poster that sort of deals with the same type thing...except it's not a Jaina and Jacen confrontation this time around...heh heh heh!!

Really?! I'll read it! Can you PM me when you post it?

12. ZekksGoddess

Oct 2, 2004
    Really?! I'll read it! Can you PM me when you post it?
    I have a reader already?? Hurray!!! 'Course I'll PM you!!! :D
    I hope to have it up before Wednesday, but we'll see how that holds out...lol

13. JLJaina

JLJaina Jedi Youngling

Mar 31, 2004
    wow! this is terific! it reminds me a lot on my thoughts on the whole kyp vs jag vs zekk situation during NJO and this is the first fic I've read that addresses their similarities. Very percective on Jacen's part.

14. Jade_Max

Jade_Max Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 28, 2002
    Now this is a conversation I can only hope to see, but never will

J/Z are awesome!

ZekksGoddess, we're going to have to add you to the list of J/Zers we're compliling for an index - what can I say, they need more attention!

You mind?

15. ZekksGoddess

Oct 2, 2004
    wow! this is terific!
    aww, thankies!

Very percective on Jacen's part.
    Heh heh...Jacen's a pretty smart guy in this here fic..lol

J/Z are awesome!
    You said it!! :D

ZekksGoddess, we're going to have to add you to the list of J/Zers we're compliling for an index - what can I say, they need more attention!
    You mind?

:eek: Oh, of course I don't mind!! Hurray!! :D I'm going into a J/Z index!! [face_dancing]

16. Jedi_Bubbles

May 18, 2004
    I have a reader already?? Hurray!!! 'Course I'll PM you!!!

*blinks* :eek: Of course you have a reader! You probably have lots of readers.

17. ZekksGoddess

Oct 2, 2004
    *blinks* Of course you have a reader! You probably have lots of readers.
    Awww, thank you so much!! You've certainly brightened my spirits today! :D

18. Jedi_Bubbles

May 18, 2004
    Good, that's exactly what it should do.

19. ZekksGoddess

Oct 2, 2004
    Alright, I'm still working on the other fic I said I'd be getting up soon, so I thought I'd just mention my Prequel fic in case anyone wants to check it out
    Here's the link for it:
    Within The Darkness It's sort of an A/P fic, but it's pretty much from Vader's head...hard to explain...But if you want, head on over and check it out! :D

20. jedi_of_ennth

jedi_of_ennth Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 1, 2005
    Really liked this. :D Jacen and Jaina were very much in character, and I can't wait for the sequel! :D

21. ZekksGoddess

Oct 2, 2004
    Really liked this. Jacen and Jaina were very much in character, and I can't wait for the sequel!

Thanks! :D
    Sadly I've become rather...lazy with the sequel. It's getting there...just in an extremely slow fashion...oops...lol

22. Kazzy

Kazzy Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 17, 2002
    I can't believe I've never come across this before this before! What a sad little fic. Poor Jaina, but maybe now she can go back to the man we all know she belongs to! Good on Jacen for trying to knock some sense into her head.

Great fic, but I wish you'd write us a nice long J/Z!

23. ZekksGoddess

Oct 2, 2004
    Poor Jaina, but maybe now she can go back to the man we all know she belongs to! Good on Jacen for trying to knock some sense into her head.
    Hehe, I like your way of thinking! =D=

Great fic, but I wish you'd write us a nice long J/Z!
    Oh, don't you worry. I've got a ton of viggies and stories swirling around in my brain...hehe :D

24. Jedi_Bubbles

May 18, 2004
    Oh, don't you worry. I've got a ton of viggies and stories swirling around in my brain...hehe

Excellent!!! Then I expect them all to be written out one day! (j/k)

25. Jaya Solo

Jaya Solo Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 12, 1999
    Awesome little story! :D I really enjoyed it. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.