main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Fine feathers make fine birds!

Discussion in 'FanForce Community' started by Skiara , Dec 3, 2011.

1. Skiara

Skiara ~• RSA FFC •~ star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 5, 2002
    Have you ever seen people wearing things that simply doesn't fit to the event or the status (e.g. money) they have?

It's not often that I see this, but sometimes it happens and I ask myself why are dresscodes useful and when can one just ignore them.

Like looking for a job: Dressing well is needed for sure. But how about the dressing for a craftsman or a lawyer? Can one be overdressed?

How about going to the restaurant? Is a dress code needed? Or is it enough if the labels of your shirt, which is way too big for yourself, shows that you spend some money for it?

Or is that all old fashion and should be "reformed"?

2. Darth Gangrenous

Darth Gangrenous Chosen One star 10

Jun 1, 2005
    There are definitely times when one needs to dress nicer/differently than they would at other times. If you are going to some fancy schmancy restaurant, you should dress nicer than if you are going to McDonalds. A craftsman can not dress the same as a lawyer would for two reasons. For one, his/her clothes would get ruined but the main reason is that it would be too dangerous to dress like that. You get your tie caught up in a lathe, drill press or other power tool, and you could end up on the TV show, "1000 Ways to Die".