main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FINISHED!! Enemies of the past (Obi-Wan torture story, 17 years old) This is terrifying...it's done!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Jacinta_Kenobi, May 17, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JediClare

JediClare Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 8, 2001
    Nice post! Finally we get to know more details about how Obi-Wan met Zeron. The Sithspawn tortured a four-year-old kid :mad:

I like how Qui-Gon sort of put some of his personality into his holocron -- that's very like him. :D And for some reason I like this line: ?I cannot be padawan to a hologram.? Sad and yet not really at the same time...I'm not making a lot of sense, am I...

2. Siri_Z

Siri_Z Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 16, 2002
    That lil dip!! Torturing a four year old?!!

If it's one thing that can take me to the edge it's hurting lil kids :mad:

Till Later~
    Siri

3. Larkonna

Larkonna Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 20, 1999
    Finally, Obi-Wan speaks and his story is being told. This is good for him...be it painful.

4. kikeriki

kikeriki Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 23, 2002
    Wow, Jacinta... you definitely know how to do angst! At least Obi is finally beginning to heal...

Wonderfully written! :D

5. Enigma_Jade

Enigma_Jade Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 4, 2001
    Heading up! :D

6. Enigma_Jade

Sep 4, 2001
    Heading up. ::looks at the time::

I hate drunk people. :(

EJ

7. Enigma_Jade

Sep 4, 2001
    Mmmm. UP! :D

8. KenobisGirl

KenobisGirl Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 10, 2001
    Up! Jaci, come back! :(

9. Jacinta_Kenobi

Jacinta_Kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 23, 2001
    AGHHHH!!!! *beats head against ground before her readers* I'M SORRY!

[face_blush] Please forgive me. A couple of weeks ago, I finally got to see LotR, and three days later, I saw TTT. in short, I have been obsessed with LotR since. I'm going crazy writing stuff for it, doing a bunch of research, looking for pics, sound clips, anything I can get my hands on!!!!!!!

*sigh* I doing so, however, I negelected SW, which is unacceptable, no matter how much fun I have been having. I am trying to get back on top of it now, I'm sorry.

To show my repentance, I have a short which will be going up soon, an Obi angst. However, I'm not so sure it's PG, so I have been hesitant, but I have decided to try. Anyway, I am on the post now.

P.S. If any of my readers here are also obsessed LotR fans, head on over to FF.net and check out my profile, under Jacinta_Kenobi, just like this one. I want my new LotR story to get read. It's Frodo torment, Sam angst. Shameless hint there. [face_blush]

10. KenobisGirl

Jul 10, 2001
    Frodo-torture? Hmmm... Sounds promising! I may head over there, Jacinta. But, in the meantime, you better work on that post! :)

LOTR is good, but it will never come close to Obi and Star Wars! [face_love]

Legolas is ugly!!! Love live Aragorn!!! [face_love]

*Runs away*

11. Jacinta_Kenobi

Sep 23, 2001
    *grabs hold of bow and arrow* I appreciate your comment on FF, KG. *hugs* :D

However, insulting my Leggy is inexusable. *readies herself to fire* Run faster, girl. 8-}

I like Aragorn too, but Leggy leaves him far behind, so be careful where you are stepping, especially if you want a post. ;)

12. Enigma_Jade

Sep 4, 2001
    I'm back! ::bursts in, expecting fanfare and cheers, finding only crickets:: Uh. . .hi? Hello?

LOL. Going up!

EJ

13. Jacinta_Kenobi

Sep 23, 2001
    Guys? Just so you'll know what's going on...I'm banned at the moment. Doing my best to get back on. Sorry about the wait.

14. Jacinta_Kenobi

Sep 23, 2001
    Well, I set myself down and finished this. The end came out quicker then I meant it to, but with my life right now and the amount of posts I'm getting out, I thionk that's a good thing. Enjoy, and thank you to everyone who stuck with me. *husg* You're all great.
    Obi-Wan sat in the corner of the cafeteria, quietly chewing on some food, not really noticing what he was eating. Days passed quickly, and Obi-Wan found he usually had no memory of them. After speaking with Qui-Gon?s hologram, he had been somewhat healed, but the rift that had been left by his master?s death would take a long while to heal completely.

Currently, he was alone, which was unusual. There were a never-ending stream of people that sought to comfort him, and while Obi-Wan deeply appreciated it, he ached for solitude after a long day of questions and soothing words.

He dug his fork into his meal again without looking and absently lifted it to his lips, taking in his surroundings with tired, weathered blue eyes. Most figures failed to receive more than a moment?s notice, but one in particular grabbed Obi-Wan attention.

Master Yoda sat on the other side of the table with a grunt, and Obi-Wan couldn?t help but smile. Yoda was one of the few beings he could never bring himself to avoid, as the Jedi Master always seemed to have something to say that helped him through whatever he was currently dealing with. ?Good afternoon, Master Yoda.? Obi-Wan greeted after swallowing, reaching for his cup to wash his food down.

Yoda merely nodded his head, but his old eyes twinkled at the padawan, showing that he returned Obi-Wan?s affection. Obi-Wan simply inspired those feelings in most beings, and even a Jedi Master was not exempt. There was a silence, and then Yoda looked up, his expression unreadable. ?How fare, do you?? He asked, getting straight to the point as always.

Obi-Wan sighed, looking down at his dish and playing with a piece of meat. ?Better.? He said softly.

Yoda grunted. ?Nightmares?Gone have they?? He asked.

Obi-Wan felt his eyes sting at the mere mention of the tormented nights he had endured, and shook his head. ?No?They?re so vivid?so real?? He trailed off. He didn?t speak of how he woke up screaming, his sheets twisted around his legs. He did not speak of how he always ran to Qui-Gon?s room in a desperate attempt to assure himself that his master was fine. Nor did he tell how he would weep when his master was not there, the room so bare, so unnatural. Of how he would cry out to the night in despair and curl up onto the floor with Qui-Gon?s cloak and cry himself to sleep, staying there the rest of the night. He did not tell Master Yoda how he longed for someone to come and comfort him those nights, and how much it hurt to have to face those times alone. It was too embarrassing, too painful?unworthy of a Jedi Apprentice.

Master Yoda?s ears fell, and his eyes were sad as he watched the apprentice. He knew the pain Obi-Wan was going through. He could see it in every fiber of the boy?s being. He gave a grunt-sigh, not believing what he was about to do. ?Obi-Wan?meaning to ask, have I?Consider, would you, staying with me? Good for you to be alone, it is not.?

Obi-Wan looked up in surprise. He had not expected that. ?I?of course, Master Yoda.? He finally said.

Yoda gave a satisfied nod, then placed one gnarled hand on Obi-Wan?s arm, pushing away the slight hesitance he felt. It had been so long since he had done this?but no, the force willed it, and he would obey. Obi-Wan needed him. ?And, when comfortable with it you are, become my apprentice, will you?? Obi-Wan?s eyes went wide, and he opened his mouth to say something, and Yoda shook his head slightly. ?Neglect your training, you should not. Know I do, how it hurts, but move on you must. Wish it so, Qui-Gon would.?

Obi-Wan nodded, knowing the Jedi Master was right. He did not want to leave the life of the Jedi, no matter how painful it might be to stay. This was his home. Of all the Masters he could have, Yoda wa

15. Jacinta_Kenobi

Sep 23, 2001
    Well, um....Up? *looks like she will cry*

16. astroanna

astroanna Jedi Master star 4

Jul 8, 2002
    Oh, don't cry, Jacinta!!

:)

That was a really great ending, and well worth the wait!!

It was written beautifully, and gave a nice note of finality to this great fic!

"Yoda felt as if a burden had been lifted from him. Now, Obi-Wan could truly heal. He could move on. The pain would always be there, but he would learn to live with it. Yoda would help him learn, and even with this setback, Obi-Wan would become a mighty Jedi."

Yay!! :)

Hope to read more of your stuff soon!

:)

17. Jacinta_Kenobi

Sep 23, 2001
    Thank you Anna! Somebody cares!! *hugs ecstatically*

18. Enigma_Jade

Sep 4, 2001
    Awesome ending, Jacinta! ::stands and gives hugs:: Sorry for the wait getting in here. . .DRL is evil! (Grr!)

Amazing. Seriously. Wow. ::applauds wildly::

EJ

19. NyghtFyre

NyghtFyre Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 14, 2002
    {b]Jacinta[/b]= I just read your story and was amazed. You have done a wonderful job. I was so close to tears in certain parts that I had to stop reading and go do something happy for a while. Thank you for your story. Good Luck with future writings!

20. KenobisGirl

Jul 10, 2001
    Awwwww, Jacinta, don't cry! Great closure, though I am sooooo sad to see it end. It's been a fun ride and I look forward to more from you, be it Star Wars or Lord of the Rings. :)

Till later!
    :cool:

21. Jacinta_Kenobi

Sep 23, 2001
    Thank you SOOO much everyone!! 'Sepcially u, Enigma. You gave me so many ups, I can't even coutn them. 8-} Know I took a long time, but I wanted you to know I appreciate it. :D However, since you have no reason to look at this anymore, I may have to send you a thank u pm. anyway, thanks again. *huge hug*

22. JediClare

JediClare Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 8, 2001
    (So sorry for being late in getting here... :()

::Applauds:: It's good to know that Obi-Wan will heal. Yay for Yoda. Yay for Qui-Gon and his holocron. Yay for Obi-Wan. And yay for you, Jacinta, for a great story. :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.