main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ON Finishing My Costume

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by Davin_Leikvold, May 9, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Davin_Leikvold

Davin_Leikvold Jedi Master star 1

Dec 4, 2004
    I'm looking for an acrylic blade for my custom saber to go with my Jedi costume for the release. Does anyone know where I can find one in Ontario? I'm looking for a 36" long and 3/4" O.D. I would rather find an acrylic rod than buy one on-line. Any help is appreciated I'm looking to get one before the release.

[image=http://www.rlsasabers.com/images/blades1.jpg]

2. Woofer

Woofer Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 27, 2001
    Don't know anyone in Ontario offhand that sells them I'm afraid.

There is a place in Quebec that does. I bought a neon green rod from them via some people in Buffalo who did a bulk order. They look fantastic in bright sunshine.

Check in the yellow pages under plastics though, maybe someone can order it in for you.

Oh you want to try and get at least 4 ft of rod btw. Typical blade length is 3 ft, so you need a few inches extra at least to mount it. Its easy to cut down longer pieces. If the place sells in metric, get 1 metre, thats 39 inches so it gives just enough room to mount the blade and have almost full length available.

3. Davin_Leikvold

Davin_Leikvold Jedi Master star 1

Dec 4, 2004
    Thanks Woofer, I'll give the yellow pages a try... I will probably find one... I just hope it will be in time for the release!

4. jellicle_jedi73

jellicle_jedi73 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 26, 2005
    good luck man.

Are we gonna have a halton photo thread, i'd like to see some of these finised projects. Update us on your hunt!!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.