main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Finishing the Fight: The Halo 3 Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by Jango10, Nov 14, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Anakin_Skywalker021

Anakin_Skywalker021 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 24, 2004
    Halo 3 WILL NOT come out for XBox, most likely Xbox 2.

Come on, its plain and simple..why release a sequel when Halo 2 is bound to spend atleast the next 5-7 months as one of the top best selling games of the month.

Plus, they're probably still sitting back, lighting cuban cigars with $100 bills, riding the wave of success of Halo 2.

2. plo_koom

plo_koom Jedi Knight star 5

Nov 26, 2002
    I'd hate for everyone to expect another cover up production theory. Was anyone besides me heart broken when they said it was coming out a year early in secret and it didn't? If I were you, I wouldn't get my hopes up even a little.

3. XenoSphere

XenoSphere Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 9, 2003
    Halo 3 will probably be the last Halo game and it's going to be great. That's all I know. [face_love]

4. plo_koom

Nov 26, 2002
    I will probably be sad when it's all over, like LOTR. I didn't even stop to really think about the fact that they were all over until the very end of ROTK.

5. Jango10

Jango10 Jedi Master star 5

Sep 22, 2002
    Here's a theory:

When the UNSC discovered that Harvest had been destroyed they found a message that read, "Your destruction is the will of the gods, and we are their tool."

Maybe they must destroy the humans because they are in the likeness of their gods (The Forerunners) which is a sin (to them). It is kinda like the humans are a graven image to their gods, and they must be elimenated. In Halo 3, maybe it is revealed that the humans are the decendents of the Forerunners.

Does any of you get what I am saying?

6. Halobean117

Halobean117 Jedi Youngling

Nov 26, 2004
    What if a new race comes into play? I don't know. But it seems kinda boring just to fight the jackels, brutes,drones, amd the flood if the grunts,huntes, and elites are on our side. That means we may have to be able to play as a brute. Who knows? I may be wrong.

7. Darth_Invidious

Darth_Invidious Force Ghost star 6

Jun 21, 1999
    I'm for a Halo 3 release on Xbox2. C'mon, it makes the most sense logically and financially for all concerned. You're gonna launch this new, latest-generation console that will cost a pretty penny. How do you convince new and current Xbox owners to go get it? Simple: launch it with a killer app like Halo 3. People want this game, and they'll go get it....along with their new console.

8. Jango10

Sep 22, 2002
    Xbox 2 is supposed to be released in 2006. I don't want to wait that long.

9. plo_koom

Nov 26, 2002
    Here's a theory:

When the UNSC discovered that Harvest had been destroyed they found a message that read, "Your destruction is the will of the gods, and we are their tool."

Maybe they must destroy the humans because they are in the likeness of their gods (The Forerunners) which is a sin (to them). It is kinda like the humans are a graven image to their gods, and they must be elimenated. In Halo 3, maybe it is revealed that the humans are the decendents of the Forerunners.

Does any of you get what I am saying?

I have thought about this before, most people don't believe me that we are the forerunners or descendants. The evidence to support it is overwhleming. The very fact that the only people allowed to be reclaimers are human should be enough. Or the fact that 343gs called human history a record of all their lost time. Or the fact that Halo is perfectly suited for humans temperature wise, and atmosphere wise.

10. darth_nemisis

darth_nemisis Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 15, 2004
    Although, I was disappointed at how abruptly that ended, it did set up nicely for Halo 3.

11. Antilles2001

Antilles2001 Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 20, 2001
    Go here for all the Halo info you will ever need. Go and be enlightened.

Oh, and before anyone starts plaigiarizing other people's theories: The Halo Story Page, filled withs gobs of well-written theories on everything Halo.

Oh, and Halo 2 was never[/b[ delayed. It's a common misconception. Bungie never confirmed any "release date" given by any source. They never said it was going to be in Holiday 2003, they never said it was going to be in April 2004, it was all rumors that became so heavily believed in, people thought they were true. When Bungie announced Big Green is comin' back on November 9, everyone decided that Bungie "delayed" their beloved game.

Also, many people feeled cheated out of their big Covenant invasion of Earth. What do we get? TWO levels on Earth. That's it. However, keep in mind the title of the series. Halo. Obviously, it makes more sense to focus on the ringworlds than a war between two races. Even so, I really wish we got to play as the Chief more. Oh well.

I hope Halo 3 won't go "buddy cop" on all of us with th Master Chief and the Arbiter.

12. Galactic_war

Galactic_war Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 21, 2004
    halo 3 would make the most sense on xbox 2 but just the wait sucks

13. Antilles2001

Oct 20, 2001
    Well, during the wait for Halo 3, Doom 3, GTA:SA, Half-Life 2, etc. will most likely be on the Xbox by then, thus making the wait for Halo 3 that much easier.

Besides, we have Halo 1 and Halo 2. Good enough for me. :)

14. Count_Cuckoo

Count_Cuckoo Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 15, 2001
    Very True Antilles

And Halo 2 Legendary is going to take me right up to Halo 3 anyway.

Just coming to the end of the first level which has been a complete killer.

Tip for anyone playing it: Work out the checkpoints and go back for the guns left behind before hitting them. This will not make the guns disappear as you have moved them away. Place them just before the next checkpoint, so you can go back for them during the next scene.

15. Jango10

Sep 22, 2002
    Antilles, I am not plaugerizing other peoples' theories. I came up with them on my own, even though they thought of it before me. Anyway, that is some good stuff.

16. Antilles2001

Oct 20, 2001
    Just in case, Jango.

17. Halobean117

Halobean117 Jedi Youngling

Nov 26, 2004
    If Halo 3 is on xbox 2, the graphics could be a lot better, and the game could be longer with better AI.
    That's somthing to look forward to. Besides, Halo 2 and Halo are two of those very rare games that you can play over and over while still having fun. But I really hope that Xbox 2 plays regular Xbox games.

18. FETT3

FETT3 Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 6, 2004
    Hey all.
    First time poster here, I played the Halo2 but after reading all these post I can't wait for Halo3. I'm just irked that it ended so abrubtly!!
    I sat there for a full min. staring at the screen going WHAT THE!^%$@ Thats it?? Oh well.

19. MonaToral

MonaToral Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 16, 2004
    now that would be crazy, febuary 9'th, i havnt beaten the game on legenday, but if ur telling the truth, im gunna have a tough time choosing halo3, or kotor2 for pc...

20. Jango10

Sep 22, 2002
    I don't think it will come out on February 9th. As a matter of fact I hope it doesn't. I havn't had time to enjoy Halo 2 yet. I think holiday 2005 would be a good time to release it. (But if the Xbox 2 comes out early in 2006, then it should be released then.)

21. Anakin_Skywalker021

Anakin_Skywalker021 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 24, 2004
    Halo 3 WILL NOT be released in Feb. It's not even remotely possible, unless they wanted it to suck.

For all you who are complaining about Halo 3 releasing on Xbox 2 which releases in 2006: BIG DEAL! It was a 3 year gap between Halo and Halo 2. You're actually getting only 2 years this time. Be happy.

22. Count_Cuckoo

Count_Cuckoo Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 15, 2001
    I wonder what would happen if Halo 3 suddenly ends up with really tough competition from other games being released before it?

Not even bungie can be sure that something wont come along and make people think "Oh Halo 3, well after having an unfinished game in Halo 2 I dont think I will bother and instead buy so and so because it has surpassed it in the gameplay stakes"

The creators are playing a dangerous game here. If they mess up they become a laughing stock and even the XBOX 2 might suffer for it. A very dangerous game indeed. They knew how many people were waiting for it and how high the anticipation was, they shouldn't mess with gamers like this.

All you have to do is look at the new Goldeneye game and what a crock that is. Could this also be the way of Halo 3 if it takes years to be released?

23. Antilles2001

Oct 20, 2001
    Didn't Bungie and/or Microsoft say that the Febuary 9th thing at then end of the game was **?

24. Jango10

Sep 22, 2002
    Yeah, they debunked it.

25. Antilles2001

Oct 20, 2001
    Holy crap. Just noticed how bad I messed up the markup codes in that one post.

Too late to edit... :(

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.