main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Finishing the Fight: The Halo 3 Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by Jango10, Nov 14, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthSubZero

DarthSubZero Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 10, 2006
    I just got X360 and Halo 3.
    Got my X-Live Silver account. (SnakeBite144 btw.)

Yet I got the Pro Pack, and can't find that bit of a free month of Gold.

Can anyone tell me where it is?

2. clonetrooper1

clonetrooper1 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 12, 2005
    I know what you mean and I've already got that ;)

And DarthSubZero I had the exact same problem although I just decided **** it and just went and paid for a yearly gold subscription

3. -Phoenix-

-Phoenix- Jedi Master star 5

Oct 21, 2005
    When you sign up for silver there should be an option in the menu to get gold free for a month.

4. Jango10

Jango10 Jedi Master star 5

Sep 22, 2002
    How do you turn the skulls on and off?

5. DarthSubZero

DarthSubZero Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 10, 2006
    How do you start an online campaign?

6. -Phoenix-

Oct 21, 2005
    In the campaign menu hit X to change campaign options.

Start in the campaign menu and change your network to Xbox Live. Invite your friends.

7. Leto II

Leto II Jedi Padawan star 6

Jan 23, 2000
    At 300% speed, you are fast like your rocket. As a result, it looks like my Master Chief has special penile powers:

[image=http://i227.photobucket.com/albums/dd299/nisus9/penisgun.jpg]

Skulls do make the campaign much more entertaining. If only there was a skull to turn off the Mongoloid-riffic Cortana and Gravemind flashes.

I was playing multiplayer earlier, and got killed on the "Ewok Village" level, and my body went flying off the map into the path of one of the man-cannons, which altered my course, throwing my lifeless husk into the wall. I need to share it. It was pretty funny.

8. clonetrooper1

Apr 12, 2005
    If only ;p

9. Maulfly

Maulfly Moderator Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 23, 2001
    Maybe someday they'll add it as a Xbox LIVE dlc. 'Don't want the flashes anymore? For just 500MP get the Aneurism Skull to toggle them off and on.' :p

10. Jango10

Sep 22, 2002
    Anyone seen the Legendary ending? What is that supposed to mean? I heard it had something to do with Marathon.

11. Yodas-evil-twin

Yodas-evil-twin Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 3, 2005
    Beat the game yesterday. Overall it was awesome except for the second to last level, which was torture.

12. LordKermit

LordKermit Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 3, 2006
    i never ever played halo till i got 3 and that ending was a nightmare- the end of the last level was-

13. clonetrooper1

Apr 12, 2005
    There have been hundreds of theories(well a few anyway)
    The weird planet is marathon, which means halo was a direct prequel(bungie however said it had nothing to do with Marathon)
    Some have said it's the opening for the unnamed halo project being created by peter Jackson.
    Others have also said it could be the forerunner home world or the flood home world. Really I think the ending should be whatever the hell you want it to be :p

14. Leto II

Jan 23, 2000
    Hell of a lot of fun last night. I don't know why that friggin' Banshee didn't respawn in other locations. The mosh-pit fight was damn fun, as well.

The less said about "Normandy Landings," though, the better. McLovin' lied to us, that Nazi bastard.

I need to review the match to see why I got four medals at once. Are there special medals for betraying teammates from the UK?

And the bodies on "Ninja Pit"...DEAR GOD, THE BODIES.

15. clonetrooper1

Apr 12, 2005
    not that I know of, And why dose it have to people from the UK?

16. Jango10

Sep 22, 2002
    PJ's Halo movie is officially in the can, BTW.

17. Leto II

Jan 23, 2000
    This is just pure luck on my part, but it's still awesome to take out the entire three-man team with only two rounds:

[image=http://i227.photobucket.com/albums/dd299/nisus9/doubleheadshotmk4.jpg]

Your opponent is a sniper, operating at great distance. Naturally, you should try and kill him with a weapon that works best at close-quarters, and makes you a total stationary target:

[image=http://i227.photobucket.com/albums/dd299/nisus9/headshotll6.jpg]

...And finally we come to...THE NINJA PIT:

[image=http://i227.photobucket.com/albums/dd299/nisus9/slaughterji4.jpg]

18. Star_Rocker

Star_Rocker Jedi Master star 4

Jan 16, 2006
    Had the most rewarding game of Shotty Snipers last night. Losing like 26-40....or something along those lines can't remember exactly, then coming back and winning by 1 point. And also getting the last kill was pretty awesome.

19. -Phoenix-

Oct 21, 2005
    Actually, that usually seems to work for me. If I can get the sniper out of his scope, it'll usually buy me enough time to get away.

20. clonetrooper1

Apr 12, 2005

Well it narrows it down for you

21. Leto II

Jan 23, 2000
    Here's a really stupid question -- how do you attack with the Oddball? Is it just the right trigger? I swear I tried that a couple times, but I just dropped the thing, like when I picked up Skulls in the campaign.

Can you only melée with it? See, that makes total sense, but my unfrozen-caveman brain keeps thinking, "Oddball is weapon. Right Trigger makes weapon go."

22. zacparis

zacparis VIP star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 1, 2003
    Yes, left trigger to hit someone. I don't think you can actually attack using the skull, but a melee attack while holding the skull is quite powerful, it only takes one hit.

Edit - I keep forgetting, left trigger is melee attack on my controller, it's not the default button. :p

23. clonetrooper1

Apr 12, 2005
    I just hope nobody saved the flim of my first oddball game :p

24. Master-Fett

Master-Fett Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 25, 2002
    You have boxer, eh Zac? To translate for Zac, B to melee is the insta kill skull attack. Same thing for flag and bomb.

I tried boxer out for a day.... It was really cool and I can see it helping a lot, but I need to sit down and get used to it for a few days and I didn't feel like doing it then. The only downside I can see to Boxer is that you can't quick melee when dual wielding. Other than that, it seems really cool.

25. zacparis

zacparis VIP star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 1, 2003
    Boxer - that's the one. I like to use melee a lot, and just couldn't use the B button quick enough. [face_beatup]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.