main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Finn and Rey's Cat Cantina and Pizza Parlor (The Fanfic Social Thread)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Briannakin , Nov 12, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Briannakin

Briannakin Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 25, 2010
    This is accurate.

Also, it seems that Canada has turned into the de facto destination for "my country sucks - I'm getting out of here". I say WELCOME :)

Edit: So, you remember how I bought a sewing machine a few weeks ago and ended up going back because the woman REALLY undercharged me. I got a thank you card from the owner of the store today with a $50 gift card in it :) I'm not sure what I'm going to buy. Either some really nice fabric, or a really fancy cutting tool.

mavjade , Gamiel and jcgoble3 like this.
  2. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    Not really, if you remember so have they never had a song that's really that good or memorable in modern times. Their place should go to some other country that know how to make an proper schlager

3. Ewok Poet

Ewok Poet Force Ghost star 6

Jul 31, 2014

I liked the 2005 and 2009 ones. But yeah, that's it.

4. Dantana Skywalker

Dantana Skywalker Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 7, 2002
    All I'm gonna say about Brexit is that I saw a tweet that said "India is amazed that all it takes to get Britain to leave is voting". :p

Sith-I-5, Briannakin and Gamiel like this.
  5. Briannakin

Feb 25, 2010
    My friend (who actually was born in Scotland) posted the greatest thing, and now I can't find it. It was something like "Britain: colonizes half the world, then decides it doesn't like immigrants or being told what to do."

ANYWAYS. I'm trying to think of another topic encase people want to not talk politics and I am just here laughing because Aggie is nomming on her cat grass and seriously sounds like a cow she eats it so loud.

Also, I spilled diet coke on my laptop. I cleaned it but my touchpad is now acting up. I'm taking it as a sign to go to bed.

Gamiel and Ewok Poet like this.
  6. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
  7. Dantana Skywalker

Apr 7, 2002
    I don't wanna write this chapter in my fic. I need to, but I don't wanna.

whiskers likes this.
  8. JadeLotus

JadeLotus Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 27, 2005
    Personally, I think a referendum should have to be decided by 1) the entire population and 2) a mandate of higher than half but anyway...

I saw my first ice hockey game last night. It was a charity match, USA v Canada and I enjoyed it a lot. USA came out with the win, 4-2, with three of the goals being scored in the last five minutes.

9. Sith-I-5

Sith-I-5 Force Ghost star 6

Aug 14, 2002
    Yeah, I'll take that. I'm butthurt.

Whenever I see a Leave voter being interviewed on the news, I am quietly calling them names that are not allowed here, and usually outside my lexicon.

Curious that the result has been announced based on England, Northern Ireland, Scotland and Wales - what was all the "ex-pats in Australia, Spain, etc. can vote too" stuff about, if the result is either not counting them, or waiting for their votes to come in?

10. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    Up here we were informed about Gibraltar* but not the other parts of UK outside of GB or the ex-pats.

* 95% for IN to my understanding.

11. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    UK and GB are not synonymous.

GB, Great Britain, is just the greater landmass, so encompassing England, Scotland, Wales.

UK, United Kingdom, also includes that bit across the water, Northern Ireland.

jcgoble3 likes this.
  12. Dantana Skywalker

Apr 7, 2002
    ... I broke my phone screen. :( Okay, it's just the upper corner and barely counts. But I've been doing so well, never breaking one!

13. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    I know, I said GB to imply the greater landmass and UK to imply that + all the British Overseas Territory.

14. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    Okay.

Just watched the trailer for Jack Reacher No Way Back.

Several beats familiar from the novel, but I think some of the plot has been changed a bit.

I might have to look up the first film now.

15. Jedi_Lover

Jedi_Lover Chosen One star 5

Nov 1, 2004
    I watched the first movie and cracked up when he was asked the difference between being a military and a civilian police officer and Reacher responds, “In the Army, every suspect is a trained killer.” Yeah, you really have to worry about that supply clerk who gets a few hours on the rifle range each year to qualify. Going through basic training doesn't make you a trained killer, so unless all of his suspects were combat infantrymen or Special Forces, that comment was overly exaggerated. And that's coming from a former military police officer.

16. Dantana Skywalker

Apr 7, 2002
    Just saw ID4: Resurgence. I liked it. Not the best movie I've seen, but hey, it's a summer action movie with big shoes to fill. The speech from the first movie was one of the best ever.

17. Briannakin

Feb 25, 2010
    Yeah. I pretty much felt the same way. It was entertaining but in typical 'sequel' fashion, it was no where as good as the first.

18. TrakNar

TrakNar Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 4, 2011
    Peridot fell asleep while playing with my sock.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

19. Dantana Skywalker

Apr 7, 2002
  20. Briannakin

Feb 25, 2010
    Dawwww!

So, my joint birthday party just wrapped up. It was pretty low key since 2 of our friends brought their baby, and another friend (who was giving the rest of the people rides) had a night shift. I guess we are all grown up or some shavit like that. But I am totally happy it got done early, because now I can get like a solid hour (or more) of fanfic writing in

BUT, I did win Cards Against Humanity. Thus proving I am still the most immature and horrible one.

Chyntuck and Goodwood like this.
  21. Goodwood

Goodwood Jedi Master star 5

May 11, 2011
    Glad you had a fun birthday, Briannakin. I'd love to be able to play CAH with folks in the same room, as opposed to on the internet machine.

22. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
  23. Chyntuck

Chyntuck Force Ghost star 5

Jul 11, 2014
    No, seriously. I came online to read the latest news from the UK and I found this.

jcgoble3 and Goodwood like this.
  24. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    Gamiel, when you post these, are these your own, or what you have found at DeviantArt; cos, this batch is some beautiful stuff!

25. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    Never my own, I just like to collect* and share good art.

* I have many folders with art and some art books in RL.

Sith-I-5 and Ewok Poet like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.