main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Finn and Rey's Cat Cantina and Pizza Parlor (The Fanfic Social Thread)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Briannakin , Nov 12, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TrakNar

TrakNar Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 4, 2011
    [​IMG]

Chyntuck, Glor and Ewok Poet like this.
  2. whiskers

whiskers Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 19, 2005

What in the world is that even supposed to mean? Do they mean "pansexual" or something?

3. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    Maybe it is a fancy way of saying "I do anything"?

whiskers likes this.
  4. Dantana Skywalker

Dantana Skywalker Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 7, 2002
    I think they meant panromantic, but they had the romantic orientation as asexual, too. And they had their character's ethnicity listed as "Alderan". Plus, they also spelled it as "Aldaren" twice. They're lazy, dumb, or both.

TrakNar and whiskers like this.
  5. jcgoble3

jcgoble3 Chosen One star 6

Nov 7, 2010
    Goodwood: My store doesn't have change dispensers. Also, we typically have enough baggers on duty in the afternoon and evening to put one at every open lane, one on cart retrieval, and one on break. Which is nice.

How long ago did you work there? Some of the cashiers here that have been around for a while remember when they were taught the saying "if there's room for your hand, there's room for a can". Was that ever taught to you? They don't do that anymore.

6. whiskers

May 19, 2005

That kind of teaching leads to grocery bags that can qualify to be used in weightlifting competitions. :p

jcgoble3 likes this.
  7. Raissa Baiard

Raissa Baiard Chosen One star 4

Nov 22, 1999
    So my moose muse is a fickle beast; it has suddenly decided it wants to do ALL FANART, ALL THE TIME! It started with doing Leia in Equestria Girl style, which then became a planned triptych with Padmé and Rey. Then I started scanning in some of my old expression sketches of Launchpad and Darkwing Duck and a few OC's, done back when fanart was called "ripping off other people's characters " so I could turn them into vector art. That lead to the idea of Launchpad as Han Solo with a crashed Millennium Falcon...which lead to turning other Disney ducks into SW characters (Darkwing as Obi-Wan and his evil inverse, Negaduck as Palpy)... Which lead to *sound of Raissa's head exploding as art bunnies dance merrily around her.* I may never get anything done again....

8. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    Baloo as Chewbacca; Cubbi as Luke and Sunni as Leia;

Ewok Poet and TrakNar like this.
  9. Ewok Poet

Ewok Poet Force Ghost star 6

Jul 31, 2014
    Please, Little Gum as...anybody. He is an obscure alien Duck from Italian Duck universe comics. And he is awesome!

Послато са SM-J500FN уз помоћ Тапатока

TrakNar likes this.
  10. Goodwood

Goodwood Jedi Master star 5

May 11, 2011
    I worked there from late 1999 to early 2004. And no, that was never taught to me, perhaps because I was a cashier first and foremost. We were encouraged to bag efficiently, but with an eye toward protecting the merchandise being bagged (i.e., no eggs with heavy items, meat separate to prevent cross-contamination, etc.).

jcgoble3 likes this.
  11. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    XR-DCQ7 as R2-D2
    [​IMG]
    :p
    This guy?

[​IMG]

12. Ewok Poet

Jul 31, 2014
    Nah, this guy:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Ask them if they're a "polygon". As in, speaking many foreign languages. :p

And yes, yes, yes, yes - the female volleyball players beat the fantastic USA team (sorry to, err, the American majority on here!) and will be in the golden medal match...

...so will be the men's waterpolo players who just beat Italy after being eliminated by them at the same stage in 2008 and 2012. Since we also beat Montenegro in the bronze medal match both of those times and Montenegro lost to Croatia this time, it's only fair that Montenegro beats Italy in the bronze medal match now. Ke-ke.

The women's basketball team just lost to Spain and will be in the bronze medal match, but the men's basketball team beat Croatia in a nerve-wrecking quarter final match. We're playing Australia next. Already lost to them once

And Marko Tomičević and Milenko Zorić won the silver medal in men's kayak double 1000m. :D

This means we've got four medals already and two more secured. For a country that went to only 1912, 2008 and 2012 Olympics before this (counting the results of any version of Yugoslavia as our own is controversial in this case, IMHO), this is kind of surreal. And to think that we were only relying on Nole Đoković...

In other news, my aunt turned 79 today. We dropped by to bring her a gift - a nice summer scarf type of a thing, honey with honeycomb and gourmet coffee. And we brought Agi for her to take care of while we're away in Greece.

Tomorrow I have to finish preparing this laptop for being my main computer for ten days, pay for travel insurance, find good rolls for sandwiches and pay some more bills. And that would be OK if I didn't also have to work and, if I get to it, vacuum the living room, the main corridor and my room once again. Argh!

My pal from Athens with whom I've been corresponding since we met in A. in 1994 is excited that we'll meet again. And there are cool things to do - there's a huge wine festival every night somewhere close to the A. beach. I don't drink, but there will be music and BBQ, too. :D Can't wait!

13. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    Why have nobody told me about this http://www.telegraph.co.uk/tv/2016/07/20/original-red-dwarf-crew-reunite-for-series-11---first-look/

[​IMG]

It's cold outside, there's no kind of atmosphere,
    I'm all alone, more or less.
    Let me fly, far away from here,
    Fun, fun, fun, In the sun, sun, sun.

I want to lie, shipwrecked and comatose,
    Drinking fresh, mango juice,
    Goldfish shoals, nibbling at my toes,
    Fun, fun, fun, In the sun, sun, sun,

I'll pack my bags and head into hyperspace
    Velocity at time-warp speed
    Spend my days in ultraviolet rays
    Fun, fun, fun, In the sun, sun, sun,

leiamoody and Briannakin like this.
  14. whiskers

May 19, 2005

I was watching that match and it was insanely good.

Ewok Poet likes this.
  15. Ewok Poet

Jul 31, 2014
    It was nerve-wrecking and I actually did not figure out how the last point happened. I lost the stream on my phone and by the time mom figured out how to turn my cousin's TV on, it was done.

whiskers likes this.
  16. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    Aha, I know him, even if I don't really remember him. I suggest he has the role as Boba Fett

Ewok Poet likes this.
  17. mavjade

mavjade Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 10, 2005
    I was watching that match live, it was really exciting and quite the game! Sorry you didn't get to see the end of it. :( Good luck to your team in the Gold metal match, they were amazing! :D

Ewok Poet likes this.
  18. TrakNar

TrakNar Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 4, 2011
    *sees a Lilo & Stitch/Steven Universe crossover cross my dash and screams* ALL OF MY YES~

19. Briannakin

Briannakin Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 25, 2010
    The return of Red Dwarf makes me so happy. My father is somewhere yelling "Dammit! Why did I have to die before the return of Star Wars (okay, he did die during the PT), Doctor Who, AND NOW Red Dwarf?". My mother just groaned when she heard it was coming back.

At the end of the month, I'm going to visit my sister with my mom and they already have plans to go hiking (without me). I'm kinda peeved because I kinda don't want to travel all that way to sit in my sister's basement suite alone for one of the days we are there. I can do that at home, in my own bed. I'm kinda debating bringing my laptop. Normally I wouldn't for a five day trip.

20. Ewok Poet

Jul 31, 2014

Thanks. :) And I hope they can beat China. Also, hope you get the Bronze!

mavjade likes this.
  21. Lady_Misty

Lady_Misty Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 21, 2007
    Last Summer Olympics we watched some of the synchronized diving and one of my sisters got really good at guessing which teams would perform flawlessly or close enough and which ones wouldn't. I think it had something to do with them walking across the diving board in unison.

Helped can peaches last night with my mom and sister Joyce and got juice on my shirt. They'll taste good in the Winter.

Something funny, a few days ago we were traveling to a Bible Study class and passed by the house where the driver's best friend grew up and he commented 'the house is bigger then it looks' and I commented 'so it's BIGGER on the inside'. He didn't get it at first then he was like 'Josh lived in the TARDiS' *mind blown*

whiskers likes this.
  22. Briannakin

Briannakin Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 25, 2010
    My mom's place is one of those "bigger on the inside" houses. It's shaped like a "T" so from the road you only see the front, then it goes in on both sides and you don't see how far it goes back. People wonder how the hell she raised four of us in there, then they actually go inside.

(As many of you know), I'm currently watching The West Wing. I'm at the end of season 6 and suddenly they switched to a "shaky cam" style and it's really annoying. Why? WHY?

23. jcgoble3

jcgoble3 Chosen One star 6

Nov 7, 2010
    Stopped my Kroger this evening to look at my schedule for next week and found a new mystery shopper report posted. Turns out the mystery shopper came through my checkout lane! Here's the report:

[​IMG]

:D :D :D :D :D

Also, I apparently look a lot younger than I actually am. The mystery shopper put me down as 18-24 years old, but I'm actually 29. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

EDIT: Made the photo a bit bigger for easier reading. If you still can't read it, you can click it to see it on Flickr.

24. mavjade

mavjade Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 10, 2005
    That's awesome jcgoble3 ! =D= That was quite some high praise, especially given how little they said about the cashier.
    When I was a bank teller, they always used the same secret shoppers so everyone always knew who they were which of course completely defeats the purpose.

jcgoble3 likes this.
  25. Goodwood

Goodwood Jedi Master star 5

May 11, 2011
    Ah, the mystery shopper. ;)

Good on you, mate. Collect enough positive ratings from them and you'll probably be rewarded with a special uniform shirt that marks you as a "customer service champion." Collected a couple of them myself, along with a number of the badges they also give out for good evaluations. We didn't get to see the reports, though.

jcgoble3 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.