main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Finn and Rey's Cat Cantina and Pizza Parlor (The Fanfic Social Thread)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Briannakin , Nov 12, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Briannakin

Briannakin Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 25, 2010
    That's awesome! Hopefully you will get more praise and eventually move up in the ranks.

So I was supposed to hang out with a friend (the former bridezilla) this evening, she was the one to ask me, but her husband is sick (being his usual man-baby self) so our plans got cut short. Thankfully she didn't totally flake on me (which is a vast improvement on what she normally does), and we had a quick dinner together, but now I have an entire evening with not much to do. Nothing new, but it kinda sucks when I did have plans.

I'm back to Lego TFA, The West Wing and really wanting this summer to be done.

Ewok Poet and jcgoble3 like this.
  2. jcgoble3

jcgoble3 Chosen One star 6

Nov 7, 2010
    Heh, right now I'd just be happy to get the second uniform shirt they still owe me. When I started on-the-job training, they only had one medium shirt, so that was all I got at the time, even though I'm supposed to get two. A second medium shirt has been ordered but hasn't come in yet.

Goodwood likes this.
  3. jcgoble3

jcgoble3 Chosen One star 6

Nov 7, 2010
    EDIT: Double post. Boo to flaky internet connections.

4. Ewok Poet

Ewok Poet Force Ghost star 6

Jul 31, 2014
    Congratulations, jcgoble3 - while I'm a bit freaked out by the idea that you always have to smile and I think everybody has the right to be slightly grumpy every now and then, it's pretty awesome that you're already excelling at your job and that the customers like you.

In Olympics-related news, we beat Australia in men's basketball and are playing the finals against USA. Meep! Squeak! EEEK!

Other than that, I'm about to depart. Hope the bus trip from Belgrade to Volos is not as exhausting as it could be.

leiamoody, jcgoble3, whiskers and 2 others like this.
  5. Raissa Baiard

Raissa Baiard Chosen One star 4

Nov 22, 1999
    Have fun on your trip; I know how much you've been looking forward to this! :)

Ewok Poet and Findswoman like this.
  6. Thorn058

Thorn058 Jedi Master star 3

Jul 28, 2008
    I had to look up what the season 6 finale was and I think they went with the shakey cam to give you the feel that they were following the candidates at the convention around in a news or documentary style. It is always hard when the director tries some stylistic elements that break from what we are use to.

7. TrakNar

TrakNar Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 4, 2011
    I took the kittens to a shelter today where they'll be put up for adoption. Gonna miss those lil hooligans.

whiskers and Findswoman like this.
  8. whiskers

whiskers Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 19, 2005
    J'den Cox, a wrestler from my hometown, won a bronze medal in freestyle wrestling today! Although, it's a little soured since he won it after the Cuban wrestler he was facing DQed himself (with 6 seconds left) after Cox won a challenge that granted him the winning points.

TrakNar I certainly hope that they'll find good homes!

Gamiel likes this.
  9. TrakNar

Apr 4, 2011
    Wednesday they'll be put up for adoption. I'm gonna check in on the kitties to make sure they get homes. I really miss them and want them to get good homes where they'll be happy.

whiskers likes this.
  10. mavjade

mavjade Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 10, 2005
    Have fun on your trip, Ewok Poet !

I hope all the kitties get wonderful homes, Trak! I'm sure they will be loved!

Ewok Poet likes this.
  11. Briannakin

Feb 25, 2010
    Have fun on your trip Ewok Poet - also, I caught that Serbia/China volleyball game, it was a great game and I'm glad, even though Serbia lost, they got silver.

I hope the kitties get wonderful homes Trak!

I went to our local fair today and was fairly disappointed. I went to look at all the quilts because the local guild has a quilt competition every year, and I went hoping to be inspired... but they all kinda sucked. It was kinda a confidence boost for my own skills. I think I might enter a quilt next year.

I also bought a ring from one of the cheap vendors. The rind reminds me of a ring my father used to have (it has geckos on it). I don't think it's quite me, but I like the idea of wearing a simple ring, so I might keep my eyes open for something I want to wear.

Ewok Poet likes this.
  12. TrakNar

Apr 4, 2011
    Erma is wandering around the apartment, meowing for the babies.

13. Briannakin

Feb 25, 2010
    :( This makes me sad.

14. TrakNar

Apr 4, 2011
    I've been spoiling her with treats and love all evening. Might cook up a chicken patty for her. After I took the kittens to the shelter, I came home, hugged her and cried, telling her that I couldn't keep them and that the kitties will get new homes.

15. JadeLotus

JadeLotus Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 27, 2005
    Well, the Olympics are almost over - it's been a great games, I think, and thankfully all the doom and gloom in the leadup didn't come to fruition in any large-scale way. What an achievement for Team GB, second on the medal tally! And Fiji with their first ever medal. Australia didn't do as well as in years past, but I think 9th on the table with 8 gold is pretty damn good, especially with that unexpected late win in the Modern Pentathelon - with swimming, fencing, equestrian, shooting and running it sure is a diverse event. Bring on the Paralympics!

Unfortunately, local sport has been far more depressing - my city has two football teams in the national competition, and their showdown game was last night. The rivalry is fierce, especially between the fans, and the game was close, only 10 points in it. Unfortunately, when an Indigenous player scored a late goal pretty much sealing the game, one woman decided not only to scream obscenities at the player and give him the finger, but then she threw a banana at him.

Disgusting. The only good thing is that the club itself has taken it seriously, investigated and determined that the act was racially motivated and suspended her membership definitely.

16. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
  17. whiskers

whiskers Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 19, 2005

Now that's the saddest thing I've heard in a while... :(

18. Lady_Misty

Lady_Misty Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 21, 2007
    The hardest part is letting go. I know it goes without saying but make sure Erma can't slip out because she's looking for her babies

Went to an event yesterday at the ocean and heard that during the rowing trials in the ocean one of the team's paddles caught on a sofa submerged in the water and they tipped over. i hope they are all right and we joked that the team that took the dunking hates sofas now for flipping them over.

I want to congratulate all the countries that participated in the Olympics and hope to see them back again in four years.

19. TrakNar

Apr 4, 2011
    She's hanging out in the stairwell, as that's where she played with her babies. I'm keeping an eye on her and spoiling her with love.

whiskers likes this.
  20. Briannakin

Feb 25, 2010
    Re: Olympics, Canada did SOOOOO much better than any one anticipated. We were not expecting to be 10th in the medal count, but I guess our athletes proved we are not just a winter sport nation. I can't wait till the Paralympics to start!

Blah. Just when I thought I got my sleep scedual back on scedual, kinda, my roommates go away for the weekend leave their windows open, so I was hearing weird sounds all last night. So, of course I dropped dead this evening after I got home from my mom's (I worked on my quilt since I finally got the fabric to finish it), had an amazing 2 hour nap, but now it's 1 am, I'm wide awake and being a Hutt and stuffing my face with yogurt covered raisins because I've got nothing better to do but sleep tomorrow.

Findswoman likes this.
  21. Ewok Poet

Ewok Poet Force Ghost star 6

Jul 31, 2014
    I had a great day yesterday. I'm overwhelmed. This town, Nea Anchialos, is like my personal heaven of sorts. Everybody is so nice and everything, though extremely simple, is magical. [face_love] So happy to be back after twenty-two years.

22. Sith-I-5

Sith-I-5 Force Ghost star 6

Aug 14, 2002
    Glad you are having a great time, Ewok Poet.

Although I am nowhere near getting a kitten, I diverted a few brain cells towards the idea when I came across an article on the responsibilities of an owner when taking a pet home.

Ewok Poet likes this.
  23. mavjade

mavjade Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 10, 2005
    I actually have the channel they are broadcasting the Paralympics on in the US this year, I'm super excited! :D

Glad you are having a good time Ewok Poet!

Ewok Poet likes this.
  24. Lady_Misty

Lady_Misty Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 21, 2007
    Have lots more fun Ewok Poet!

We had a scare today; something got into the chicken pen and killed one and we thought it got all of them but one. But the rest slowly came back from where they had hid and are now tucked away inside the goat shed until we can move their coup closer to the house. What is upsetting is we didn't hear anything during that time period that would have alerted us that they were in trouble.

Ewok Poet likes this.
  25. Briannakin

Feb 25, 2010
    I hope you are having fun on your vacation Ewok Poet!

Sadly, the Paralympics this year are being really scaled back apparently. Rio has run out of money, so there are even MORE issues with transportation and whatnot. Though, is anyone REALLY surprised?

I'm glad most of your chickens survived Misty.

It's supposed to be really hot the next few days, so I cleaned out my car today when it was kind of cool (oh please bring on the jeans and sweatpant weather - I've missed my hoodies), so that my mom isn't whining all the way to my sister's about my dirty car, and there was this guy sitting in his car across the street, staring at me the entire time. It was more than mildly creepy and I am very glad my roommates are back.

Ewok Poet and Lady_Misty like this.
  26. TrakNar

Apr 4, 2011
    Have more and more fun, Ewok Poet!

Meanwhile, I just spent four days drawing this.

[​IMG]
    Jasper's corruption.

Been a while since I did a Bernie Wrightson-style pic.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.