main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Finn and Rey's Cat Cantina and Pizza Parlor (The Fanfic Social Thread)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Briannakin , Nov 12, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Briannakin

Briannakin Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 25, 2010
    It's actually a surprisingly cheap and easy process. It's $137 here (for reference, it's like $500 in Quebec), and I can actually submit everything online. But the real headache comes when I have to carry around a change of name certificate whenever I need to use my passport, or any sort of ID (or getting new IDs, which would be the expensive part). PLUS I would have to deal with my mother's spiel of dishonoring my father :rolleyes: (the dude is dead and knew I hated the name). I probably should have gotten it done years ago. However, maybe I shouldn't try to get my full name on my degree. Maybe that will give me the excuse I finally need to actually go through the process.

That is awesome! I've taken a couple classes on the history of witches and which-hunts. Some of the individual cases are hilarious.

jcgoble3 likes this.
  2. ShadowofLures

ShadowofLures Jedi Master star 3

Jul 13, 2005
    Well, I just got stood up on a date, what is everyone else up to? :D

3. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    Just hanging here waiting for my work night to begin.

4. ShadowofLures

Jul 13, 2005
    Are you an overnight guy? I work weekends and days, trying to find something for nights.

5. Lady_Misty

Lady_Misty Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 21, 2007
    Am almost completely packed for my trip to California (will take pictures and share on my tumblr) and that stinks ShadowofLures that you got stood up.

ShadowofLures likes this.
  6. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    I work with as a morning paper deliverer five nights a week.

ShadowofLures likes this.
  7. ShadowofLures

Jul 13, 2005
    Misty, have fun in CA!!!! :D Thanks for your support :(

Gamiel, how long have you been doing that? :)

8. JediMaster_Jen

JediMaster_Jen Force Ghost star 4

Jun 3, 2002
    Lady_Misty First , my condolences on the loss of Bolt. @};-

Have a safe flight to California. :) I read a little bit about Alien Con and it sounds like fun. Hope you have a great time.

9. Ewok Poet

Ewok Poet Force Ghost star 6

Jul 31, 2014
    Argh, you people with schedules! I work when there is work AND when I feel like it. The latter did cost me some organisation skills and now I have to work harder. But hey, I admit it. :p

So, the thing I never shared, my Swiss aunt's visit...was a disaster. We spent eight days undergoing her almost constant insults, baits and belittlement. You know, like posting in the Communications or Community on this board and running into a person with a gazillion posts who always has to say something...but worse. Make that person eons old, into (what she thinks is) Mahikari and extremely annoying. She was getting me to pick her up from the hotel, take her back, insisted on walking and taking public transport when she's rich enough to afford a taxi, not allowing me to open my mouth around her contacts - most of whom would then make the "crazy" gestures to me behind her back, openly offending the tailor and hairdresser we recommended to her...I just...don't want to see her ever again.

Have a safe trip, Lady_Misty! :)

Lady_Misty likes this.
  10. JediMaster_Jen

Jun 3, 2002
    Well, speaking of work...I'm considering going back to work now that my daughter is in kindergarten. [face_nail_biting] Just the idea is giving me hives. I haven't worked since I was five months pregnant with her. Since I've been away so long, getting back into my profession will require refresher classes and testing as well for me. I'm just not sure I want to go back and find out it no longer satisfies me.

11. Ewok Poet

Jul 31, 2014
    What profession is that, if I may ask?

I didn't work from February 2015 to February 2016 (and I have no idea why, actually) and that was not a good thing. Resulted in sporadic performance, lots of self-doubt. Then again, in web development, you blink and you miss EVERYTHING.

12. JediMaster_Jen

Jun 3, 2002
    Teaching. :) Self-doubt...that's me. :(

13. Goodwood

Goodwood Jedi Master star 5

May 11, 2011
    JediMaster_Jen Depending on what level of teaching you do, perhaps now having experienced being a mother will help to some degree in your teaching career. The two are pretty complementary in a sense, perhaps one lending insight into the other and vice versa.

JediMaster_Jen likes this.
  14. Sith-I-5

Sith-I-5 Force Ghost star 6

Aug 14, 2002
    Lady_Misty - sorry to hear about Bolt.

whiskers - I listen to Coast to Coast AM on Youtube. Primarily the Missing 411 stuff with David Paulides. Does the station do mainstream radio content or mostly mysteries and wierd stuff?

SatineNaberrie - drabbles sound relatively painless. Do we just do the one, or one for every other participant?

15. Dantana Skywalker

Dantana Skywalker Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 7, 2002
    I was in Salem because I've always wanted to go, I have family history there, and because I was doing book research.

Mom and I did some more research and came across records of an ancestor (same family) who was pressed to death like Giles Corey during the trials, listed as being executed 19 August 1692 in Salem, but he isn't named as one of the 19 who died at Salem at anything in Salem. We do know that a lot of the records were stolen and presumably destroyed in the 1750s, so whether those 19 are the only ones actually executed or not is unknown. They're just the ones we still have the court documents for.

Lady_Misty, Kahara and Ewok Poet like this.
  16. Mira Grau

Mira Grau Force Ghost star 5

May 11, 2016
    Hey guys :)
    How are you doing today? I´m finally feeling a bit better, my cold comes to an end.

Dantana Skywalker We read The Curible in english class it´s about the Salem witch trials I think.

Kahara likes this.
  17. JediMaster_Jen

Jun 3, 2002
    Goodwood That is very true. I never quite thought of it that way. Parenting and teaching definitely go hand in hand most of the time. :)

Dantana Skywalker That have must have been an amazing trip. :) To have the familial connection is incredible, but also to stand in a place with so much history had to be inspiring. Hope your book research went well.

Goodwood likes this.
  18. SatineNaberrie

SatineNaberrie Jedi Master star 4

Jan 28, 2014

How ever many you want.

19. whiskers

whiskers Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 19, 2005

I was listening to an old Art Bell show on MP3, a Ghost to Ghost AM from the late 90s.

I also LOVE Paulides' visits on Coast.

20. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    Around six years now.

21. mavjade

mavjade Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 10, 2005
    Welcome back SoL! Sorry you got stood up, that's quite annoying!

Have a good trip, Lady_Misty!

I'm sorry the visit with your aunt went badly, Ewok Poet. :( I hope you don't have to deal with her again!

Dantana Skywalker - I love Salem! I went a few times when I live in Boston, it's a really cool little town. Did you go to Peabody Essex Museum when you were there? I know it's not what you were there for, but it's a fantastic museum!

I have so much work for my classes I need to catch up on from my deployment, I'm starting to be really overwhelmed which makes me not want to do anything at all. 8-}

Kahara and Ewok Poet like this.
  22. Ewok Poet

Jul 31, 2014

I wish the answer was yes. But she rang my mom on mobile three times today. Mom actually had a panic attack over it and didn't want to pick up. And I totally get it. We expected her to call us and tell us that she arrived home safely one week ago, which she didn't. She didn't even want to say goodbye. Who knows what she called us over - probably to yell at us again.

At this point, we think it could be dementia. But when somebody's been eccentric and kind of anti-people (despite claiming the exact opposite), it's hard to determine how much has changed compared to when we saw her in 2011.

Kahara likes this.
  23. Briannakin

Briannakin Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 25, 2010
    Ugh. I can sympathize having a panic attack at the thought of even speaking to a family member. There's a reason why I've seen my grandmother all of 3 times in the past 13 years - and two of those times were funerals. I hope you don't have to deal with her anytime soon.

I decided to venture over to my mom's place even though her and my step-father are fighting (my moronic step-father got fired... again, which just re-enforces my decision to move out for my mental health, even if I do have to put up with moronic teenagers setting firecrackers off in the field behind my house). But it was worth putting up with the awkwardness because I finished my BB-8 quilt!!!!! :bb8head::bb8: But now I think I'm going to shrug my homework, pour myself a drink with dinner, and watch Episode 7 under my new blankie!!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]I got a professional to do the general quilting, but I did the squiggles on the binding.

[​IMG]
    Close up of some of the fabric.

EDIT: AAAAANNNND NOW Aggie has claimed it as her own. I tried cuddling with it on the couch. Nope. It's hers.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

24. TrakNar

TrakNar Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 4, 2011
    *walks out in the dark to take my trash to the dumpster and sees two balloons just silently bouncing across the street*

nOOOOPE

ShadowofLures and Kahara like this.
  25. Dantana Skywalker

Dantana Skywalker Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 7, 2002
    I didn't get to see the museum, because I was there Monday and it's closed on Mondays. :(

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.