main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Finn and Rey's Cat Cantina and Pizza Parlor (The Fanfic Social Thread)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Briannakin , Nov 12, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RX_Sith

RX_Sith Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 13, 2006
    Fabulous!

Ewok Poet likes this.
  2. mavjade

mavjade Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 10, 2005
    Give it a bit, this thread always circles back to pizza and/or cats at some point.

Kahara and Ewok Poet like this.
  3. Ewok Poet

Ewok Poet Force Ghost star 6

Jul 31, 2014
  4. mavjade

Sep 10, 2005
    [face_laugh] Or it circles to pizza cats!

Aaannnddd now I want pizza, of course.

jcgoble3, Lady_Misty and Ewok Poet like this.
  5. Briannakin

Briannakin Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 25, 2010
    I could go for some pizza.

In a VERY SCARY MOMENT I just submitted my take home exam (yup, I finished it!). I should feel relief but I'm just freaking out. He said not to do citations, so I didn't, and now I'm doubting what I heard, but its not like I directly quoted anything. He already sent me back acknowledgement that he received it, so there's no turning back. AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

I finished it so I could spend the next two days focusing on studying for my anthropology exam, but in retrospect I probably should have waited to email it to him, because I'm just freaking out.

Kahara and Ewok Poet like this.
  6. Ewok Poet

Jul 31, 2014
    I am going to get some "mini pizzas" that have nothing to do with pizza other than having pizza toppings, but yeah, pizza > people.

Briannakin - the fact that you got over the scary point of finishing this and then the even scarier point of actually submitting it is good, good, good. I...have problems with those two. A lot of problems.

Kahara likes this.
  7. Briannakin

Feb 25, 2010
    All I got is two poutine pizza pops that were "limited edition" for this summer still in my freezer. They actually weren't that gross, I just felt so very unhealthy eating french fries wrapped in pizza dough.

And yeah, part of the reason why I like in-class exams is after 3 hours, there's nothing you can do. However, I actually had until the 16th to submit this take home exam so part of me is like "YOU HAD NINE MORE DAYS TO PERFECT IT! YOU SHOULD HAVE PERFECTED IT YOU MORON!!!!" Even though I know I wouldn't have and it doesn't really matter much.

8. Kurisan

Kurisan Jedi Master star 4

Apr 26, 2016
    Briannakin You don't have a time machine. You can't change it now, so it is an exercise in futile frustration. I know it's hard to not analyse everything after the event, but you've got to try and put it out of your mind - get engrossed in something else, like writing a story!

I recently had a job interview. I remembered a dozen things I would like to have said afterwards. It's OK. No plan ever survives 100% intact after first contact with the "enemy". Just know we said what we said the best way we could.

For what it's worth, getting it in 9 days early will put him in a good mood. It's amazing how little things like that can affect subjective procedures like marking an essay.

Kahara, mavjade , Ewok Poet and 2 others like this.
  9. Briannakin

Feb 25, 2010
    Thanks. The feeling of OH MY GOD WHAT HAVE I DONE! has worn off. I do want a decent grade in this class, but even if I get 0% on the exam, I still walk away from the class with 59%, and I highly doubt I'll do that badly. I only need 70% on the exam to maintain my A-. Plus I need to keep reminding myself that it's only a 2nd year class and I have other things I have to focus my time on.

And yeah, he did hint that if we got it in earlier it would help him out.

Kahara and divapilot like this.
  10. Chyntuck

Chyntuck Force Ghost star 5

Jul 11, 2014
    I always thought that Scotland was the galactic capital of coronary food, but now that I saw this I may reconsider.

Oh, and to Kurisan you listen. The voice of wisdom Kurisan is.

Okay, a question to those who also post on ff.net. How do you thank the readers who turned up/followed/reviewed after you were done posting your fic? Do you reply in the comments, do you change the title bar, or do you just whistle indifferently and move on to the next story? (And yes, I owe replies and thanks here too, I'll catch up on that over the next few days!)

Kahara likes this.
  11. Sith-I-5

Sith-I-5 Force Ghost star 6

Aug 14, 2002
    I watched the Ring trilogy in Japanese, and only knew one word. During a bubbling swimming pool scene, someone says 'Matte' (stop). Only knowing Judo terms doesn't help with general syntax.

12. RX_Sith

RX_Sith Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 13, 2006
    I really want one of those cat in a pizza's.

13. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    Did anybody say cat pizza?

[​IMG]

14. Ewok Poet

Jul 31, 2014
    Gamiel wins the thread.

And it gives me an excuse to post one of the best 1980s cartoon themes.

Kahara, Raissa Baiard and Gamiel like this.
  15. Sith-I-5

Sith-I-5 Force Ghost star 6

Aug 14, 2002
    Operation Grumpy Gus - I am wasting time in the ultraviolet-bathed dining room of a work Christmas do, at Epsom Race Course, when I could be writing.

16. mavjade

Sep 10, 2005
    Oh man, that would make me freak out too!
    I always put my references in a different document until I'm done, as it just makes it easier for me to keep track. A few weeks ago I submitted a paper for my research class (so yeah, references are a must) and about 5 minutes later I realized I hadn't moved my references over to the paper. I FREAKED OUT! I had not only failing the class flashing through my head, but also getting thrown out of the program for plagiarism. The way we submit our papers online, you can't resubmit so I quickly emailed the professor and the whole paper with the references. Thankfully, she was understanding and didn't take anything off, nor accused me of plagiarism. [face_relieved]

17. Briannakin

Feb 25, 2010
    I watched re-runs of Alf in the early 2000s. The ending still pisses me off. I mean, I always say Firefly was the most unjust cancellation. And then I remember the ending to Alf.

Yeah, I actually kinda considered doing citations anyways even though he clearly stated not to, but it would have added a couple of hours AND HE SAID not to bother spending more than 3 hours so [face_dunno]. Not much I can do now besides wait.

But in my Witch-hunts class, for that blog (worth 50% of a 4th year class) I had to do, the prof didn't want in-text citations, just a bibliography at the end, so, like I always do, I did up my bibliography on bibme as I was writing the blog, but I forgot to add it on when I submitted it. I totally didn't even realize it until my friends and I were talking about our assignment before class and someone said they almost forgot their bibliography (the due date for the online submission when the class started for that day, but we could 'resubmit' as many times as we wanted before then to the platform). So here I was, 3 minutes before the start of class FREAKING OUT (screaming and crying), trying to copy and paste my bibliography to the blog and submit it as my friends were trying to help. The prof walked in the middle of all this and just laughed. I got it into the platform in time, but she said I could have just emailed it to her.

Gamiel likes this.
  18. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    Witch-hunts class?

Chyntuck likes this.
  19. Briannakin

Feb 25, 2010
    Yup. I'm a certified witch hunter now. I'm working on my elf-hunting certificate now. Next it will be fairies.

mavjade , Kahara, Chyntuck and 2 others like this.
  20. Kurisan

Kurisan Jedi Master star 4

Apr 26, 2016
    Gamiel That actually means "wait" ;) , but I think I know the scene and it works the same way.

21. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    Isn't elves a kind of fairies?

B.t.w. do you hang witches in Canada, as by English law, or do the yankee thing and burn them?

22. Lady_Misty

Lady_Misty Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 21, 2007
    I can't watch horror; I have a very active imagination and have lost sleep over my imagination going wild. I applaud anyone who can watch horror, supernatural and paranormal movies/TV shows.

Sad news, John Glenn has passed away.

23. Chyntuck

Jul 11, 2014
    By far! See below:
    (With Bri being a close second of course!)

Briannakin and Ewok Poet like this.
  24. Mira Grau

Mira Grau Force Ghost star 5

May 11, 2016
    Hey guys how are you doing?
    It was a long day, after University I stayed in the city to buy some things in preparation for my birthday. And it took hours.
    But I'm glad that I got everything.

Kahara and Chyntuck like this.
  25. Chyntuck

Jul 11, 2014
    I'm particularly good tonight actually ☺ We had dinner with friends in my favourite place (the Cretan restaurant I must have mentioned a gazillion times in this thread) and I'm absolutely stuffed and soaked with good wine, which is always a pleasant experience. But I need to take care of Christmas shopping next week; I'm in charge this year and one of my cousins (plus husband/nephews) won't be with us during the holidays so I need to plan in advance.

Gamiel, Kahara, Ewok Poet and 2 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.