main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Finn and Rey's Cat Cantina and Pizza Parlor (The Fanfic Social Thread)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Briannakin , Nov 12, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. A Blind Prophet

A Blind Prophet Jedi Master star 4

Mar 25, 2016
    that is a very bizarre slant rhyme right there jcgoble3. happy birthday btw. you're a year and a half younger than i am. :p

Kahara and jcgoble3 like this.
  2. jcgoble3

jcgoble3 Chosen One star 6

Nov 7, 2010
    Thanks. I generally don't see the point in birthdays, but to each his/her own. Also, I wasn't thinking about rhyming; that's just how my brain put the words together as I was typing. :) (And I had to Google "slant rhyme". You learn something new every day.)

Kahara likes this.
  3. mavjade

mavjade Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 10, 2005
    Bri - I'm glad things went well with the cops. It's always nice hear stories of good interactions. But I can understand the need for for chocolate.

I actually had an interaction with a cop in riot gear tonight, which was a first. They were blocking the way into one of the terminals of JFK airport (I was at protest), which is how I needed to go to get home. I was a little nervous to approach them, but the guy I talked to was super nice. Not exactly what I was expecting.

Happy Birthday jcgoble3 [face_party]

4. A Blind Prophet

Mar 25, 2016
    learning is always good. i had to find out about them in a poetry class i was taking in college.

and as you say, to each their own. i don't normally do much of anything for mine at all either.

jcgoble3 and Kahara like this.
  5. Mistress_Renata

Mistress_Renata Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 9, 2000

Happy birthday, jcgoble3! [face_party] Actually, it's a lot better from here on in.

Kahara and jcgoble3 like this.
  6. Briannakin

Briannakin Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 25, 2010
    Thanks all! And yeah, I'm very glad both the cops that stopped me were super understanding. JUST another reason why I am sitting here feeling darn privileged to be Canadian.

I was talking to my friend today, who is a refugee from Syria, as she cried because she was so happy that the majority of her family had made it to Canada and just so blessed to know her older brother who hasn't made it yet, will also be welcomed here. Without getting too into it, I have never felt so lucky - as a mixed raced female cripple - to have been born where I was.

I'm glad he was nice! I would have been so freaked out!

Anyways!

Happy 30th birthday jcgoble3!!!

EDIT:

Oh yeah, Ewok Poet , considering Bryan Adams was 10 in 1969, we were very aware of the real meaning of the song :p

7. Chyntuck

Chyntuck Force Ghost star 5

Jul 11, 2014
    Happy birthday jcgoble3 [face_party] Welcome to this side of thirty -- you're edging your way towards the part of life that has the best cookies.

Mr Chyn and I got jealous of divapilot so we went and booked tickets for... Romeo and Juliet in the Comédie-Française :p

Mistress_Renata I climbed up the towers of Notre-Dame when I was here last year (I think I must even have posted a pic on this thread, it was a beautiful sunny day and the view was astounding). The issue for me wasn't so much the heights but the endless, narrow, claustrophobic staircase. We thought of going again yesterday because my husband has never been up there, but the queue on weekends is waaaay too long.

Findswoman , Kahara, jcgoble3 and 2 others like this.
  8. Findswoman

Findswoman Fanfic and Pancakes and Waffles Mod (in Pink) star 5 Staff Member Manager

Feb 27, 2014

Thanks for the ping, Mistress_Renata—pinging right back! :D Yes, I'm trying to, as best I can—it's still bitterly cold here. As long as the roads remain clear, though, I'm happy.

And happy belated birthday to jcgoble3! [face_party] Hope you had a pleasant day. (And yes, now I know what a slant rhyme is too—thanks, A Blind Prophet!)

Chyntuck, sounds like you're having a wonderful time in Paris! Would love to hear all about the production of Romeo and Juliet you saw. :)

9. Mira Grau

Mira Grau Force Ghost star 5

May 11, 2016
    Hey guys
    How are you doing tonight?
    I´ve finally recovered from my illnes that kept me down for almost two weeks.
    And I was also able to finally make some things up with my father.

10. Theodore Hawkwood

Theodore Hawkwood Jedi Master star 2

Jun 17, 2014
    Finished book number 20 of the Serge Storms series by Tim Dorsey, titled Clownfish Blues. It's a zany sort of read that I highly recommend.

11. Chyntuck

Chyntuck Force Ghost star 5

Jul 11, 2014
    We are! It's so nice to be a proper tourist when you come here. Yesterday we went for a loooong walk, and when we were hungry we found a Pakistani cantina with the most amazing food. Then we went for another long walk, and when we were cold and tired we conveniently found ourselves in front of a cinema that was screening Rogue One (which is a much better movie when you don't see those awful Greek subtitles!) And then we went out to dinner in a French place, and I still feel like my stomach is going to explode.

Now Mr Chyn is at work and I'll go out and meet a friend for lunch. I'll report back on Romeo and Juliet tomorrow, we're going tonight.

Also, I have to say that all the talk about Notre-Dame combined with this trip and my presence on these boards has resulted in yet another ginormous plot bunny. I'm doomed.

Anedon Good to hear you're feeling better [:D]

12. Ewok Poet

Ewok Poet Force Ghost star 6

Jul 31, 2014
    Did you have the flu, Anedon ? Glad you're okay now, but it sounds like it was hard. :(

Happy belated birthday to jcgoble3 - welcome to the club. :D You're now a part of the majority in Fanfic.

jcgoble3 and Anedon like this.
  13. Mira Grau

Mira Grau Force Ghost star 5

May 11, 2016
    Ewok Poet
    If I understood it correctly it was an infection followed by a normal cold.
    It was hard for a while yeah, I'm glad its over.

Ewok Poet likes this.
  14. Cowgirl Jedi 1701

Cowgirl Jedi 1701 Force Ghost star 5

Dec 21, 2016
    Chyntuck:

You are not alone. We are all at the mercy of the plot bunnies.

Chyntuck likes this.
  15. Lady_Misty

Lady_Misty Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 21, 2007
    Well belated birthday wishes jcgoble3!

We had some possible excitement yesterday afternoon: on the way home from church the traffic was backed up a bit and when we got closer there was a police cruiser, a flatbed tow truch, a fire truck an d she fire fighters moving hoses back towards the truck, a vehicle with the hood up and some white stuff that wasn't snow on the ground at and near the only gas station on the Intervale. I can't find any news stories about it so i don't know if there was an accident or a car fire.

16. jcgoble3

Nov 7, 2010
    Thanks for the birthday wishes, everyone (even though I still don't like birthdays :p).

For anyone who follows Doctor Who: the official Doctor Who Facebook page just announced about 15 minutes ago that next season will be Peter Capaldi's last. Who do you want for the next Doctor?

Chyntuck likes this.
  17. mavjade

Sep 10, 2005
    I'm glad you are feeling better, Anedon! That sounds miserable. :(

I had to turn in a paper for one of my classes last night and it was almost two pages too long and that was already with me feeling as though I was leaving things out. I would normally say better to be too long than too short, but I had a really hard time cutting things from it and I'm afraid by doing so, it ended up not making much sense. It's worth 25% of my grade. [face_nail_biting]

Noooo.... :_|

I'd like a woman or a person of color. Chiwetel Ejiofor would be amazing.

Anedon likes this.
  18. Briannakin

Briannakin Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 25, 2010
    I'm glad you are feeling better Anedon

NOOOO! Like Mav, I love Capaldi! I was hoping for more of him and to see him for at least one season under the new showrunner, but I totally understand why he is leaving. It's a pretty intense show to film at any age and he didn't like being away from his family. I'm glad we will have 3 full seasons of him (and I can totally see Capaldi returning for multi-doctor specials).

As for who I want to see. Yeah, a woman or a person of a different ethnicity would be awesome. But I also think Rupert Grint would be fantastic.

I hope you will do well on the paper Mav! I'm currently procrastinating working on one by studying for a midterm! Fun times.

Also, I was leaving my class today and some little boy pointed at my wheelchair and screamed "That's a cool wheelchair!" It made my day :p

Anedon, jcgoble3 and mavjade like this.
  19. jcgoble3

Nov 7, 2010
    And now I'm laughing at the thought of Ron Weasley as the Doctor. [face_laugh] That might be awesome enough to get me to actually try watching Doctor Who.*

*Yes, you read that correctly: I've never watched a single minute of Doctor Who, chiefly because time travel doesn't interest me. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

20. Lady_Misty

Lady_Misty Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 21, 2007
    I heard that he (Capaldi) was looking to step down and I have heard rumblings of them possibly casting a woman as the Doctor (or was that other Time Lord that was made into a woman?).

Glad someone likes your wheelchair Briannakin and that it made your day.

21. A Blind Prophet

Mar 25, 2016
    i honestly think they should just in the show, since he was only supposed to have 12 incarnations, and that's been a long standing thing. but that's just me.

22. mavjade

Sep 10, 2005
    We've now seen more than once that a Time Lord can change gender, and at least once that they can change race (race as we define it, I'm assuming they stayed Time Lord) so they've established that. I have to imagine that they were planting these things on purpose for an eventual change.

Rupert Grint would be fantastic! Then he could finally be ginger! :D

23. Ewok Poet

Ewok Poet Force Ghost star 6

Jul 31, 2014
    I will be the second person in this thread who hasn't seen a single second of this. I only know what a Tardis is and that's it.

Wait, time travel was mentioned on this page. Now I know two things.

Raissa Baiard and jcgoble3 like this.
  24. jcgoble3

Nov 7, 2010
  25. Mistress_Renata

Mistress_Renata Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 9, 2000
    I thought I saw raw cookie dough dip in the refrigerator section at the grocery store the other day, but chalked it up as misreading the container. Maybe raw cookie dough is a 'thing' now?

Glad you're feeling better, Anedon! And Chyntuck, jealous of you having such a lovely time in Paris! There was a restaurant there called "Le Souffle" (you can guess what they served), and with the weather so cold, I am wishing I was there now. I hate those twisty spiral staircases... I would never have made it to the top of Notre Dame. (I did manage St. Chapelle, but that staircase was shorter). Keep track of that bunny; don't forget it before you have a chance to get home & write it down.

I'm not getting much writing done. Just too tired this last weekend, and a bit depressed at the state of the world. But my Celtic story is coming together in my head, and I did have a decent chunk of the start written. I suppose I could break my own rule and start posting before I finish, but I'd like to get further along first. I also finally made it to the library to get a book to do research for the other plot bunny (does anyone else do research or am I totally taking this way too seriously?)

I haven't been into the 'new' Dr. Who much...there was something rather charming about the rubber monsters...but Rupert Grint would be a stitch! I might start watching again. All the other British actors I'd like to see are much too well-known & busy. A woman would be interesting, although the woman I'd like to see would be Helen Mirren and yeah, she's a bit above this now.

Chyntuck and Anedon like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.