main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Finn and Rey's Cat Cantina and Pizza Parlor (The Fanfic Social Thread)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Briannakin , Nov 12, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. whiskers

whiskers Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 19, 2005

I'm thinking my annotated Heir to the Empire hardcover, as well as buying a copy of Scoundrels from him. Howard Chaykin will be there, too, so there's two "fathers" of the EU there!

Nehru_Amidala likes this.
  2. Lady_Misty

Lady_Misty Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 21, 2007
    Apparently I have been here for ten years now. They have been good years and I look forward to more years here. :)

EDIT: Tomorrow will be ten years.

Ewok Poet, divapilot and whiskers like this.
  3. mavjade

mavjade Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 10, 2005
    I'm really excited for Zahn's new Thrawn book. Well, I'm just excited for Zahn to write in the nuCanon because I've always loved his characters.

Happy Board-aversary Lady_Misty!

Theodore Hawkwood and Lady_Misty like this.
  4. Mira Grau

Mira Grau Force Ghost star 5

May 11, 2016
    Tomorrow I´m heading into a short vaction back to my old home village. I´m looking forward to it as I will see some of my friends again.:)
    Still have to do the packing though, I never know what to take with me on such a trip.

Ewok Poet likes this.
  5. divapilot

divapilot Force Ghost star 4

Nov 30, 2005
    Have a wonderful time, Anedon! Catch up on the news with the people back home.

Ewok Poet and Anedon like this.
  6. Mira Grau

Mira Grau Force Ghost star 5

May 11, 2016
    Ewok Poet likes this.
  7. Ewok Poet

Ewok Poet Force Ghost star 6

Jul 31, 2014
    Ketchup here, too. I am five pages behind. For now, just three words: too much caffeine.

Seriously, how can you people get hyper from it? It gives me superpowers. I become focused.

8. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
  9. Ewok Poet

Jul 31, 2014
    If I may ask, where do you see romance in the original work?

10/10 would read, though I don't like either of the originals.
    Hope this makes you smile.

And you're smart. You'll get through this!

Also, that video, the part that Yu metal and Mo metal sing is absolutely how my brain functions.

I don't like it, either.

And same. When I was four, I realised I would die someday and I couldn't sleep at all.

I often wonder what's my life like in the Nicola Albertini universe.

Ouch, snow and ice in March and April is teh sux.

I got a great leather and fake fur coat for 8 bucks from a second hand store in July and it turned out to be prettier than all I ever had...and these days, other than shopping at 1-2 brand stores I love (NewYorker, Springfield, Tally Weijl), I get second-hand stuff from this clothing exchange site.

....Three more pages to catch up with. Or four. O_O

Briannakin likes this.
  10. Dantana Skywalker

Dantana Skywalker Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 7, 2002
    Where do I see romance in the original work?! Seriously? Let's see, the flirting, the constant invasion of each other's personal space and touching, when she helps him to the turbolift she's petting his arm, the fact that in the turbolift, she has her arm around his neck and their faces are maybe four inches apart tops. Or the fact that the novel openly talks about their constantly thinking about each other, that Cassian acknowledges on Jedha that Jyn is already his weakness, that Cassian wishes on Scarif he could know her as a woman, that it was her eyes in her father's face that made him put the rifle down, that Jyn thinks Cassian is the most beautiful person she's ever seen when she sees he's not dead. I could go on, but do I need to?

Lady_Misty likes this.
  11. leiamoody

leiamoody Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 8, 2005
    Have you looked over at Archive of Our Own for Cassian/Jyn fics? That seems to be the only place I can actually find good Han/Leia fics anymore, and even some nice Kanan/Hera ones (yes, I admit it, I ship animated characters).

Lady_Misty likes this.
  12. Dantana Skywalker

Dantana Skywalker Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 7, 2002
    I'm actively involved there and on Tumblr. I was just hoping I wasn't alone here. Ah, well.

13. Lady_Misty

Lady_Misty Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 21, 2007
    AO3 probably has a ton of Jyn/Cassian fics but since most of the ones I've seen are 'everyone lives/nobody dies' I rarely open them since I liked how the main characters died and feel that saving them nullifies their sacrifice. Besides, how in the name of the Force did they not only survive but get off an Imperial controlled world without getting caught?!? The few I have read just gloss over the end and they're alive and well on some ship or base.

Not to mention I felt that there was a possible romance option for Cassian and Jyn at the end but there was the possibility of underlining tensions like how he had been ordered to kill her father and that his communications with his bosses got her father killed so having them die, in my opinion, gave them a 'happily ever after' that cannot be taken from because they are dead.

Look no further than RotJ and TFA. We assumed for years (and shown in the LEU) that Han and Leia were happily married after the events of RotJ and raised a happy family. Instead we learn in TFA that there were serious cracks in their marriage and after their son ran off and joined the First Order they became 'Space Divorced'.

Jyn and Cassian will never have to worry about someone deciding somewhere in the distant future to take that away from them. They died in each other's arms, something that no other Star Wars couple that I know of can brag about.

Sorry for the mini rant.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

leiamoody likes this.
  14. Nehru_Amidala

Nehru_Amidala Force Ghost star 7

Oct 3, 2016
    Score another point for why people write fanfiction.

15. Ewok Poet

Jul 31, 2014
    Going through the rest of March...I think this is it, because I read about Renata's cat in a PM already (get well soon, kitty!)...

THIS.

But-but-but, THAT ONE IS EASIER THAN THE OTHER. No oxidoreduction/redox!

Sounds like my everyday life, minus fic.

Wait, you're going to be a doctor? That's awesome!

You keep on coming up with these cool, cool ideas.
    (MBTI mode: she definitely has Ne, not Ni!)

Happy belated birthday, grannygoblegoble3! :) And you all look happy, plus the baby girl is so, so, so cute! [face_love]

Also, 35? My folks had me at 42 and 43...and I believe Chyntuck 's dad was even older than that. 35 is what I'll be in less than 365 days. Not old!

I know it's been ages, but how did that go? :p

Want my milanese recipe?

Agi is a kakariki. A red-crowned one. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Red-crowned_parakeet

Because I am obsessed with cockatoos on the internet, such as Gotcha - as seen below, Pebble and Eric the Legend.

As far as Agi's talking goes, if you go to YouTube, you will see the translatioo (yes, I typed it like this o_O) and thanks.

He does that a lot. And thanks for the compliment. :)

OMG, NORA THE PIANO CAT!!!!

And Koufonisi is beautiful!

jcgoble3 and Findswoman like this.
  16. mavjade

mavjade Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 10, 2005
    Not for me it wasn't. Taking something that is three dimensional, it being shown in 2D, then changing it around, messing with it, having to know off the top of your head how those manipulations react in a 3D space, doing all of the manipulation in your head and then redrawing it in 2D did not work out well for me at all. It's usually considered a medical school weed out class because it trips so many people up. I mean, I wasn't great at general chemistry, but I worked my butt off to pass O-Chem.

Findswoman and Ewok Poet like this.
  17. Jedi_Lover

Jedi_Lover Chosen One star 5

Nov 1, 2004
    I also thought organic chemistry was a breeze compared to general chemistry. There might have been less math involved in Organic and that might be the reason why I liked it better. I remember being one of the only people who passed the exam on amino acids. I said to a classmate before class, "I am having trouble remembering the structure of Phenylalanine (sp?). He said, "That one is so distinctive, you should be able to remember it. It looks a lot different from the other amino acids." I said to him, "Do you think he is going to give us the structure and have us name it? I thought he would give us the name and have us draw it." The kid said, "No way he would expect us to memorize the structure and draw it." LOL! We were given a piece of paper saying, "Draw the following amino acids". The other students thought it was going to be a recognition test. They didn't do so well.

18. Chyntuck

Chyntuck Force Ghost star 5

Jul 11, 2014
    Sith-I-5 Everything okay? (You're the only Londoner posting in this thread, right?)

Ewok Poet likes this.
  19. Sith-I-5

Sith-I-5 Force Ghost star 6

Aug 14, 2002
    Chyntuck - Thank you for checking on me. I'm fine, and nowhere near the incidents. I've got a couple of friends who are police, but I don't think they would have been involved in this either.

mavjade , Ewok Poet, Chyntuck and 2 others like this.
  20. Mistress_Renata

Mistress_Renata Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 9, 2000
    What a terrible, sad thing...I was really quite shocked. Seems like the police acted pretty quickly, though. Glad you're okay, Sith-I-5. Love and positive energy to London tonight.

Chyntuck likes this.
  21. whiskers

whiskers Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 19, 2005

Glad to hear you're all right!

Chyntuck likes this.
  22. Sith-I-5

Sith-I-5 Force Ghost star 6

Aug 14, 2002
    Thank you to anyone thinking about London and myself.

Chyntuck likes this.
  23. Ewok Poet

Jul 31, 2014
    I'm starting to rebuild my professional career. Making a new portfolio site. The name of the domain is a pun on my dominant cognitive functions... Fi Ne Si Te.

I scored a wonderful tie-dye skater dress with a front zip and a little back opening, a tartan skater skirt, a leopard print tunic and a par of yellow Lolita glasses through the clothing exchange site yesterday. IMMA BE SO GRUNGE AND NINETIES OVERALL.

Also, this high-wasted shorts I bought from there (some people also sell things, so do I) goes so.well. with the rest of these things in the picture. It's going to look SO 1970s this summer.

[​IMG]

Glad you are OK, Sith-I-5. :) That was just...just...way too scary, plus...twice in twelve years?

What I found interesting was that the dark-haired man describing the events was so obviously Muslim. A proof that we can all live in peace and that London is a wonderful melting pot of everything. [face_love] Not a pressure-cooker waiting to explode.

I did not mean to offend at all. @};- I don't use hugs because the hug smiley has such a smug, fake face, but I would've hugged you now. :) If you don't find it overwhelming, that is.

I guess we just have different views on romance. To me, there is no romance other than Galen/Lyra in that film, the rest of it mirrors other types of relationships. Saw and Jyn are a lot like Léon and Matilda, for example. And that one is the relationship that fascinates me most. =((

Our weaknesses can also be our friends and people whom we see as our battle comrades. And the "rifle down" thing made him believe her, because he would've probably killed her until that point. I see them as some sort of a spiritual brother and sister, who could serve as guide to others in afterlife - which is why I liked your story and I kind of wish you didn't spit on me each time I commented, because by not understanding every single thing you wrote and having my own interpretation of it - which is what literature is for - I am not necessarily having a go at you. I am just seeing the hidden beauty through a different frame - say, a frame of a non-religious person (fascinated with all religions, tho) from a different culture back in Europe, who's non-neurotypical in a different way. E.g. my focus is "no focus" and every single thing, every single sentence, every single bit of everything can be beautiful. Now and forever. [face_love]

But then again, us who read as much as we write...perhaps we're mad in our own way. I know I am mad either way, leg hair (mmm...leg hair, yum!) or not. 8-}

P.S. I am starting to make jewelry, I plan to publish and I did like Kyp from all you told me, so...yeah. ;) You, as every other person on here, bring something to my life. =D=

What does O-Chem actually consist of?

And huh-huh, she said "butt". GIMME TP FOR MY BUNGHOLE.

I think this was a part of my reasoning - more drawing, more fun, less math etc.

We had our chemistry teacher and former fashion model Mica Kiselina (Mitza the Acid) give us structures to recognise, too.

And I can identify with the rest of what you said, too. I was the only person who got 5 out of 5 on most of those - while I was in danger of failing the year in high school when we did general chemistry - NATO bombardment saved me. O_O I was just like "huh?" for two years and I had 5s in almost all subjects, bar math and physical education. Yes, physics, too.

Chrome suggests that the correct spelling for Phenylalanine is PENNSYLVANIAN. =D=[face_rofl]

Me, I speak Serbian so everybody would understand me. FENILALANIN. :p

And gosh, do I talk too much....LMAO.

Lady_Misty and Gamiel like this.
  24. Cowgirl Jedi 1701

Cowgirl Jedi 1701 Force Ghost star 5

Dec 21, 2016
    Nice outfit, EP.

Ewok Poet likes this.
  25. Ewok Poet

Jul 31, 2014
    Thankies, CGJ. <3

More Agi and Judi.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

mavjade , whiskers and Lady_Misty like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.