main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Finn and Rey's Cat Cantina and Pizza Parlor (The Fanfic Social Thread)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Briannakin , Nov 12, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ewok Poet

Ewok Poet Force Ghost star 6

Jul 31, 2014

Sorry for the double post - but that's what I was given it for, too. I was having racing thoughts about bills, work and other things and this medicine stopped it.

I want my normal life back. I really do. The one where I make money, do stuff and don't feel sleepy all the time.

2. MartyAvidianus

MartyAvidianus Jedi Padawan star 3

May 14, 2017
    have you guys tried milk?
    or on a weekend (friday night) stay up all the time (without stimulants) and on sunday around 2130 go to sleep set the alarm for 8 hours?

3. Ewok Poet

Jul 31, 2014
    Milk?

I am being heavily medicated for a potentially problematic condition and milk won't do anything for me. I like it, but it cannot help me.

As fans of Star Wars, even though the one who carried our banner is gone, we need to understand people who have to carry the same banner every day.

4. MartyAvidianus

May 14, 2017
    I try to have a different headspace for actors/actresses and those fictional characters they portray.

so in the event that actresses/actors are gone, the characters they portray are still alive in universe so I'll be okay.

Although I watched Empire Strikes Back and Han Solo was there and I didn't know what I was feeling.....

5. Ewok Poet

Jul 31, 2014
    You have no idea what I'm saying. It has nothing to do with Carrie's death. It has something to do with the cause she supported.

6. MartyAvidianus

May 14, 2017
    oh. I'm sure she's a great philanthropist as well.

7. Ewok Poet

Jul 31, 2014
    How about you stop trolling?

8. MartyAvidianus

May 14, 2017
    what in the nine corellian hecks are you talking about?

9. DarthBreezy

DarthBreezy Chosen One star 6

Jun 4, 2002
    Hmmm, I remember those days - bring home paycheques, not in pain, more than a few hours sleep a night...

Today I tried my head clearing of copious volumes of AC/DC - Mozart's Requiem - Sisters of Mercy with the top down on Lucy... worked for about an hour...

10. Sith-I-5

Sith-I-5 Force Ghost star 6

Aug 14, 2002
    You probably should have led with that.

Caught up with Doctor Who on iPlayer, last night. Last Sunday's episode was very good. And looks like we have a bit of an arc going.

11. MartyAvidianus

May 14, 2017
    I got pretty bummed with the episoide oxygen. Although I guess I should learn. The first girl who appears never makes it.

12. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    At the end, I was starting to think that everyone was actually still alive, so was disappointed that only two made it onto the TARDIS.

13. DarthIshtar

DarthIshtar Chosen One star 10

Mar 26, 2001
    Last week was fascinating. I like bill a lot more than Clara.

Sith-I-5 likes this.
  14. DarthBreezy

DarthBreezy Chosen One star 6

Jun 4, 2002
    I'm one of the few Brits in the USA who stopped watching Doctor Who when Peter Davidson regenerated...

15. mavjade

mavjade Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 10, 2005
    I'm really digging this series of Doctor Who. I totally love Bill, she makes me like 12 even more, and I liked him before.

16. Briannakin

Briannakin Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 25, 2010
    I'm enjoying Bill much better than Clara as well. I thought the first couple of episodes this series were kinda forgettable (story-line wise - Bill was fantastic in them), but I really liked last Saturday's episode.

I had a crazy day today and I have a looooooong day tomorrow, but I think the next time I post, I shall have 2 letters added to my name :p

whiskers, jcgoble3 and mavjade like this.
  17. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    Clara's character was the first one where I realised that I was alternately hating, and liking her, all based on which writer was doing that episode. At times she could be really supportive (I really miss the "pretend emotion cards"), and at the other end of the spectrum, manipulative and slapping the Doctor (uh, too much).

Example of a good Clara / 12 exchange.

"I'm his carer."

"Yeah, she cares, so I don't have to."

DarthIshtar likes this.
  18. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    Sorry for double post - lag or connection issues.

19. Mistress_Renata

Mistress_Renata Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 9, 2000
    =D=[face_party]

jcgoble3 likes this.
  20. MartyAvidianus

May 14, 2017
    congrats!

---

21. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    I had such issues with them lying to each other. And Clara was made out to be this hugely important person with great mystery and I just kept not caring at all. When 11 was dying, I felt nothing about her being there at all.

22. MartyAvidianus

May 14, 2017
    run your clever boy and remember.... tears me up every time (ok, it's not Clara, but still an oswald.)

edit: you know how people have their own doctors and companions. My very own doctor is 11 and his companion amy pond. Clara came in second place for companion (amy won by by microns)

23. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    I liked that soufflé girl. I cared about her.

My doctor is 9 or 12. My companion is Donna.

Just when I thought I was done wanting to smack my mother, she just realized her passport expired in march. She's getting it uberexpedited in time, but gaaaaaah. We leave in 17 days.

24. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
  25. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.