main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Finn and Rey's Cat Cantina and Pizza Parlor (The Fanfic Social Thread)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Briannakin , Nov 12, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi_Lover

Jedi_Lover Chosen One star 5

Nov 1, 2004
    Is that Sean Connery? What was he thinking?

2. Ewok Poet

Ewok Poet Force Ghost star 6

Jul 31, 2014
    We lack this kind of music.

3. DARTH_MU

DARTH_MU Jedi Master star 4

Feb 9, 2005

And I declare this song the official Honor/Valin OTP song. The Official Love song of Honor Ren/Horn Ren 'ship. The 'ship name shall be Honlin

Ewok Poet likes this.
  4. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    Some international movie news from http://nordicdrama.com/while-we-live-wins-at-africa-movie-academy-awards/
    Yes.
    I think it was that he wanted to something really different.

5. Mistress_Renata

Mistress_Renata Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 9, 2000
    What was the name of that movie, Gamiel? (My brain is still trying to process it. At first, I thought it was a spoof of the famous Ursula Andress bikini shot...)

I tried a new recipe for Pad Thai this weekend. Sauce was a bit too thin, and lacked something, but it was tasty. I might be using the wrong type of fish sauce. And because it was from scratch, I know it was healthy, with bean sprouts and Napa cabbage. It made A LOT. I have been eating Pad Thai all...week...long...

I'm not surprised over the uproar over a woman Doctor (I mean, this country nearly had a second Civil War over the idea of a woman President). I give the Producers credit for being gutsy enough to actually do it. (Of course, I really would have loved to see my hero, Dame Judi in the TARDIS, but I suppose they couldn't afford her).

6. DARTH_MU

Feb 9, 2005
    Pad Thai all week?

Some one isn't afraid of spicy food.

7. Jedi_Lover

Nov 1, 2004
    I googled "Worst Sean Connery movie ever!" And it came up with Zardoz.

Ewok Poet and Gamiel like this.
  8. brodiew

brodiew Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 11, 2005
    When does Sean Connery usually show up at Wimbeldon?
    Tennish.

Ewok Poet, DarthIshtar and Gamiel like this.
  9. Nehru_Amidala

Nehru_Amidala Force Ghost star 7

Oct 3, 2016
    ^ That's actually a very good pun.

10. brodiew

brodiew Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 11, 2005
    I"m all about the puns. :D

11. Nehru_Amidala

Nehru_Amidala Force Ghost star 7

Oct 3, 2016
    Good to hear.

12. mavjade

mavjade Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 10, 2005
    Speaking ot Wimbledon, did you guys see this? Apparently there was a heckler at Wimbledon and so one of the players pulled him onto the court to see if he could do better. They had a blast and he was a good sport about it all. It gave me quite the chuckle this morning, especially him not having on whites (which is required to play at Wimbledon).

13. Chyntuck

Chyntuck Force Ghost star 5

Jul 11, 2014
    Oh dear. I came home from work, lay down for a nap, and ended up sleeping for a straight four hours.

Mistress_Renata and jcgoble3 like this.
  14. jcgoble3

jcgoble3 Chosen One star 6

Nov 7, 2010
    Sometimes it would be nice to be able to do that, but the problem is that it royally screws up your sleep schedule that night. Hopefully you can get a decent night of sleep tonight. I-)

Chyntuck and DARTH_MU like this.
  15. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    Do anybody know of any movie/comic/book that can be described as a gothic horror-ish and take place in Japan or a Japan inspired setting?

16. DARTH_MU

Feb 9, 2005
    47 Ronin with Keanu Reeves?

The three Kenshin live action movies? check out Kyoto Inferno

Gamiel likes this.
  17. Chyntuck

Chyntuck Force Ghost star 5

Jul 11, 2014
    Thanks :) I hope so too, but I'm not holding my breath. It's lucky I have some files from the office with me, so I can get a head start on the work I would otherwise do in a half-daze tomorrow.

jcgoble3 likes this.
  18. Briannakin

Briannakin Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 25, 2010
    Yikes. I did that the other day - came home from running errands and ended up curling up in my beanbag chair. Slept for 3 hours and ended up not eating dinner till like 9 pm. It was horrible. But I kind got back on some semblance of a schedule. I was actually up by 9:30 today and was out by 11. I'm going to try to be a bit better.

Chyntuck likes this.
  19. Jedi_Lover

Nov 1, 2004
    For some reason I have been having trouble sleeping. I check my fitbit in the morning and find multiple 15-30 minute times spans when I am awake. The longer times I remember, but I am not sure if I got out of bed for the shorter duration. I think it is because it is hot and we have no air conditioning.

Chyntuck likes this.
  20. Mistress_Renata

Mistress_Renata Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 9, 2000
    It wasn't that spicy. :( Maybe that's part of the problem. Wrong fish sauce, not enough heat. I've got one serving left, maybe I'll kick it up with some sriracha, see if that helps.

:eek::eek::eek: How are you surviving this weather then? I'd be dead of heatstroke! I can only suggest, right before bed, run the shower (or tub) with cold water, and just stand under it to bring your body temperature down. A few years ago, we had a big storm that knocked out power for a week, with temperatures like this, and it was just a nightmare. The tub/shower thing helped a bit. But I was wishing I could peel off my skin and just sleep in my bones, it was THAT hot! (My apartment is on the top floor, too, so all the heat from the apartments under us come up). It was miserable.

I guess everyone is just working hard... I've done the sleep for hours after work thing. I usually just get up, change into comfy clothes, eat, and try to go back to bed and read or something. If you sleep that long, you must really need it.

Did anyone see the new line of 'corporate' ladies' clothing being released by Think Geek? I think the blazer must be mine!!!

Chyntuck likes this.
  21. Jedi_Lover

Nov 1, 2004
    Mistress_Renata it helps that I live up north. When we renovated our cabin I wanted to put in air conditioning but I was told by my husband, "It never gets hot in Northern Michigan...not enough to have central air." I guess he was not a believer of global warming. It is not too bad. I put the ceiling fan on and don't use any covers. Still, I would like it ten degrees cooler at night.

Chyntuck likes this.
  22. mavjade

Sep 10, 2005
    I feel like anytime I try and take a nap it ends up being 2-3 hours. I love to nap, but that just destroys my ability to go to sleep later.

I do not miss living without A/C. I didn't have it when I lived in Boston and it was miserable when it got this hot. I went for a walk today and had to rest at about a mile because I was so hot -it was 95F, but with the humidity it felt like 100F and very little breeze, even down by the river.

That is super cute! I've been into blazers recently so I may have to get one as well.

Chyntuck likes this.
  23. Briannakin

Briannakin Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 25, 2010
    I saw the new Think Geek/Her Universe stuff. Meh. For me, I absolutely have to fall in love with something to justify the cost (their prices aren't as bad as they used to be, but you have to remember I have to convert it to CAD) and the fit (which isn't horrible, but I have two blazers that were made for tall women and the proper fit makes the world of difference #monkeyarms). So I don't think I'll be getting anything from the line. Cute designs though.

I'm just sour at the whole world right now. After getting new tires and new tubes YESTERDAY. I GOT ANOTHER FLAT. I took matters into my own hands, got the tire off and discovered the hole was on the inside where the tube is resting on the rim of the wheel. Which means all these new tires and tubes have been a waste because it's the wheel that's the problem. I'm going to go in tomorrow and see if it's fixable. If not, I have to buy new wheels, which are not cheap. Like, it is almost tempting to just spend a bit more money and buy a whole new wheelchair.

Mistress_Renata and Chyntuck like this.
  24. DARTH_MU

Feb 9, 2005
    [face_frustrated]

This is the closest emoticon I can find.

We need more emoticons.

*sends support*

25. mavjade

Sep 10, 2005
    Oh man, that really sucks, Bri. I hope they can fix it. That many tires, it had to be something else wrong because that's just crazy. I'm sorry you had to spend the money on those tires only to find out it's a bigger problem. :(

If you were to get a new wheelchair, you could get the BB8 color scheme! :D

Lady_Misty likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.