main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Finn and Rey's Cat Cantina and Pizza Parlor (The Fanfic Social Thread)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Briannakin , Nov 12, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cowgirl Jedi 1701

Cowgirl Jedi 1701 Force Ghost star 5

Dec 21, 2016
    No offense to those who like it, but I think I will forget trying it.

Ewok Poet and Kahara like this.
  2. Chyntuck

Chyntuck Force Ghost star 5

Jul 11, 2014
    I would definitely try surströmming if I had the chance, and I'd probably like it too. Some of my favourite types of French cheese are those that stink most horrendously. There's a cheese called boulette d'Avesnes that's made with the byproducts of maroilles chopped and mixed chilli pepper and herbs and rolled into a ball; the smell is so appallingly strong that you can't serve it on the same platter as other cheese because it will "contaminate" everything nearby and yet I love it. Also, roquefort and other types of blue cheese are essentially just mouldy cheese, and it doesn't stop us from eating it.

Kahara, Gamiel and AzureAngel2 like this.
  3. Ewok Poet

Ewok Poet Force Ghost star 6

Jul 31, 2014
    Update: my sarlacc aunt called yesterday while was out and SAID THAT SHE WAS HERE. We're going to meet her. MAY GOATS HELP US ALL.

Other than that, yesterday was yet another great day - I first met up with two nice people from the mental health forums I frequent, then I went to my best friend's place for the first time since May and we had a great time - we had spaghetti bolognese, then went to the park and her nine-year-old played with three other boys, we were tossing pine cones at each other and then the boy's three pals and two of the boy's parents came to my friend's home and the boys wrecked havoc on everything and yelled: "SURPRISE, MOTHERF***ER!" Not sure where they got that, but it was so.hilarious. :D

Today won't be as good, but I hope I will survive. :p

Kahara and Gamiel like this.
  4. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    You make it sounds like lutefisk usually don't taste good

Kahara likes this.
  5. Chyntuck

Jul 11, 2014
    yahiko, Kahara, divapilot and 3 others like this.
  6. jcgoble3

jcgoble3 Chosen One star 6

Nov 7, 2010
    That was worth more than a few laughs! [face_rofl]

Kahara and Chyntuck like this.
  7. Cowgirl Jedi 1701

Dec 21, 2016

Agreed. LMAO. [face_rofl]

Kahara, Chyntuck and jcgoble3 like this.
  8. Ewok Poet

Jul 31, 2014
    Chyntuck - That was hilarious. :)

So...we lost the Davis Cup semifinals to France. Congrats, yahiko. :)

And we lost the European basketball championship finals to Slovenia. But they were amazing and they totally deserved to win and hey, it's a team from Balkans and ex-Yugoslavia, so I'm happy for them. We now have silver medals at the world championship, the Olympics and this. Golds will come...eventually. :)

Mom and I spent seven hours with my weird aunt. Turns out she'd been here since September 05th, but she had everything booked - visit to various "healers", chiropractors, people involved with paranormal. She insisted that a magic spell was cast on me and that my medical condition is just a curse that can be removed, she even suggested a Russian healer who could help me. Like, thank you, I'd rather go for dialectical behavioral therapy. O_O

She took us out for a nice lunch, but the things she was saying were...unbelievable. I wrote down some highlights.

- She has a voice telling her what to do and that she's had it ever since she was a child.

- She told me that I have the sixth sense.

- A doctor who cures people by the means of Mozart's music told her that she had "Russian ears", because, apparently, Russians can hear everything.

- When the whole world cleanses, we will be in the third dimension. Those who believe in god are in the fourth. There's a certain number of people necessary to pass on to the fifth dimension. Then the new civilisation is going to thrive: Europe, Russia and "Chinese countries". In the meantime, Muslims will rule the world.

9. Mistress_Renata

Mistress_Renata Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 9, 2000
    Sounds like a lot of fresh fodder for your DD challenge, Ewok Poet!

Findswoman , Kahara and Ewok Poet like this.
  10. Ewok Poet

Jul 31, 2014
    Sadly, all my posts are pre-written, but I could always do another story with Lumia in it. :p

If my sixth sense tells me that I should, that is.

11. Mistress_Renata

Mistress_Renata Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 9, 2000
    It's not the Sixth Sense, you're just Force Sensitive! :D

Love the Museum smack talk, Chyntuck, that was a hoot! The part about robot dinosaurs reminded me of some Halloween decorations I saw today: animatronic dinosaur skeletons! Amazing what they can do...

12. Chyntuck

Jul 11, 2014
    Monday morning dilemma: to stay in the office with the people upstairs drilling in the walls, or to go home where they'll still be working on the back street?
    Did she specify in which dimension we are right now? I'm kind of curious.

Ewok Poet and yahiko like this.
  13. leiamoody

leiamoody Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 8, 2005
    Fifth of something fermented dimension? :p

Ewok Poet, yahiko and Chyntuck like this.
  14. Ewok Poet

Jul 31, 2014

That's quite a compliment! :D Then again, hey, I named myself after a Force-sensitive character. :)

[​IMG]

Is there a third option? :s

I thiiiink she's implying we're in the second because the world did not cleanse yet. O_O

Chyntuck and leiamoody like this.
  15. Chyntuck

Jul 11, 2014
    So I opted for noise at home in the end. It wasn't too bad, since they were done with the digging and jackhammering on Friday. However, between the oil spill in the sea and the tar in the back street the smell is fantastic.

16. Cowgirl Jedi 1701

Dec 21, 2016
    Ewok Poet Your aunt sounds like an interesting person. Interesting like in the old Chinese saying, "May you live in interesting times."

It seems from what you share that she is the kind of relative that you love in spite of their quirks, smile and laugh at their jokes while they are there, and flop down for a nap after they go home.

And because we have misunderstood each other before, let it be stated for the record that I mean everything in a good way.

I am glad you are getting your medications sorted out and are feeling better.

May the Force be with you. :)

Ewok Poet likes this.
  17. Ewok Poet

Jul 31, 2014
    Cowgirl Jedi 1701 - She is an interesting person and she loves us - in her own odd way. She has nobody else other than her husband, us and a heavily disabled relative in a small town here who isn't even able to recognise us. Therefore, I am glad that she decided to come back this year, despite how much the last year's visit of hers frained me.

And thank you for your kind words. [face_good_luck] I've been a bit anxious today compared to the past couple of days, but I'm making progress and the support of people in this thread means A LOT to me. [face_love][face_love]

In other news: today I spent good three hours on Facebook messenger with a girl 12 years younger than me who's a trainwreck. She has borderline PD like me, but she's also bipolar, psychotic and abusing alcohol, clonazepam and Wellbutrin (which she snorts).She told me that she wanted to kill herself and I didn't know what to do. Eventually, I convinced her to see a psychiatrist tomorrow and she got drunk and went to sleep. I felt so powerless. :( How does one deal with people who are constantly abusing themselves on top of their complicated health state?

18. leiamoody

Nov 8, 2005
    From personal experience, there isn't much if anything you can do. Some of us feel like abusing ourselves because we've been abused by others and feel like we deserve it. Some of us have wanted help from others but also don't feel like being rescued by someone looking to score karma points off our problems. (I'm not saying you are doing this with her, but somebody has probably done this to her).

I don't know her reasons, but that's been my experience of self-abuse and disordered behavior.

The most likely reason she wants to kill herself is because she feels VERY overwhelmed and doesn't feel like there are any other options left.

19. Ewok Poet

Jul 31, 2014
    I have a long history of being "some of us", and trying to break the pattern. So far, it's going better than I expected, but that's probably a case of better living through chemistry and five years of working with a good psychologist. And, well, the two timeouts I got here some years ago were useful in a way of considering how the way I talk and my malignant self defense mechanism affected others' perception of me.

Now back to this girl. She clinged onto me from the day she added me to Facebook (we know each other from a message board) and seems to trust me a lot, though she barely knows me. She said that it feels liberating to confide to somebody older than her who is not her mother, because her friends just don't get it. I don't judge her snorting and drinking, but I'm trying to get her mind off self-destructive thoughts. She's attending yoga and a web design course, which she seems to be a bit scared of. I offered to help her with CSS. But still, sadness seems to overwhelm her every now and then and it's frightening.

20. leiamoody

Nov 8, 2005
    In your case, there was and is a strong support system in your real life. She obviously doesn't have that in her life. I understand that completely. She's looking for help, and hopefully you can provide her with some guidance. But there's too much going on in her to overcome without someone who actually gives a...well you know.

I've been that girl (minus the drug abuse). I used to find people I thought might be sympathetic. I don't do that anymore because I couldn't find anyone who actually gave a care. So maybe just continue listening to her. She might reach that breaking point which leads to a breakthrough.

(This is all rambly and don't make no sense...just offering perspective).

Sith-I-5 likes this.
  21. Ewok Poet

Jul 31, 2014
    It's not rambly and you're making perfect sense to me!

I do pride myself in my support network - I have it everywhere, from my mother to my close friends (no matter how little time we have to see each other), to people on here. But when I was lost, nothing was helping and I thought that every single person was my enemy.

I understand that the fact that she confides in me is as much of a privilege as it is responsibility and I am trying not to be patronising, not to play the card of the ever-so-wise thirty-something. But I'm afraid that she also needs a doctor who actually listens to her. That's hard to find - mine doesn't listen to me, either. But I don't have hallucinations and I can make it through the day without completely numbing myself, so she needs it more than me. I recommended the psychologist at our local clinic, the person I trust more than my own mother (and myself) sometimes and if necessary, I'll introduce them to each other. :)

I think that an important part in finding people who are sympathetic is opening oneself to them and allowing your quirks to overlap theirs. And allow them to take their time, as sometimes, one needs to think before they can come up with a response that could comfort and help.

22. leiamoody

Nov 8, 2005
    At least she is lucky to have you listening to her. Maybe she will get the help she needs. Good luck to both of you. :)

23. Ewok Poet

Jul 31, 2014
    I truly hope so. She spent about a month in the hospital recently and it seems that it didn't help. :( She NEEDS a bigger support network. In multiple places, if possible.

24. leiamoody

Nov 8, 2005
    I'm really sorry to read that. Again, hopefully things will work out for her. Just know you did all that you could do to help her. Even in her darkest moments she will remember that help.

Ewok Poet likes this.
  25. Carlos Danger

Carlos Danger Jedi Master star 2

Jul 25, 2013
    Are there online support groups she can frequent. When my life took a turn for the worse I didn't have any friends that I wanted to burden with my problems. I found an online group of people with similar problems. With 20K members there was always somebody communicating with you. I found it helpful.

Lady_Misty and Ewok Poet like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.