main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Finn and Rey's Cat Cantina and Pizza Parlor (The Fanfic Social Thread)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Briannakin , Nov 12, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mistress_Renata

Mistress_Renata Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 9, 2000
    Well, His Majesty has his Halloween collar on. Orange, with black bats. He spent a lot of time sniffing his old collar. He is now running around the house like a crazy animal.

No other news. Bills are paid. Rug is vacuumed. I need a haircut. :D

whiskers and Ewok Poet like this.
  2. Lady_Misty

Lady_Misty Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 21, 2007
    My cat isn't spoiled as she is learning all over again. She has to deal with the other cats in the in-laws house.

whiskers likes this.
  3. whiskers

whiskers Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 19, 2005
    I only have one cat: she's spoiled rotten, annoying as hell in the mornings, and bullies her dog brother, but I love her to death!

Picked up some new dress shoes today for when I go on some job interviews. Picked up a Scrooge McDuck Pop as well, just for fun (and since I'm a huge DuckTales fan)! I'm also impatiently waiting for the Jaina Solo figure to come out.

Ewok Poet and Mistress_Renata like this.
  4. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012

Sith-I-5 likes this.
  5. whiskers

whiskers Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 19, 2005
    Oh, what interesting subspecies of Griffons. Okay, that kiwi/chipmunk is odd.... (Burtsts out laughing at emu/Tiger)

6. Mistress_Renata

Sep 9, 2000
    Shelob has taken up residence in my car!!! Was driving back from my haircut and saw motion on the windshield. Shelob! Which would have been fine if she was on the outside, but NO! She was on the inside!

So I waited until I got to a stoplight, one eye on the road, one eye on her, and as we came to a halt, I reached for an old napkin to squish her...and she disappeared into a crack! So now, every time I get into the car, I know that she is there LURKING... waiting until I am distracted in a tense traffic situation so she can leap out and sink her fangs into my flesh, draining the lifeblood from my body! [face_nail_biting]

On a more positive note, is there any word from mavjade? I assume she's still on disaster duty, but hoping she's okay and the situation is resolving.

Chyntuck likes this.
  7. Briannakin

Briannakin Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 25, 2010
    I haven't heard anything from Mav, but she wasn't off duty until today, plus travel, plus the poor woman will probably need some rest. Give her a few days before sending out a search party. There was also a possibility that her time could be extended if there was need.

As for me, I'm BACK IN CANADA!!! I'm just waiting for my last flight. My sister's last flight left before mine, so I'm just killing time. I had a lot of fun in LA - we went to Disneyland, plus we got to saw Hamilton (the tour is in LA right now) - ANDDDD I actually managed not to kill my sister! But, yeah, I'm glad to be back in Canada. I have my first module for my Master's waiting at home.

8. Jedi_Lover

Jedi_Lover Chosen One star 5

Nov 1, 2004
    Did she ever say where she was going?

9. Mistress_Renata

Sep 9, 2000
    As long as she's okay, that's the important thing. And Briannakin is back (to the land of normalcy) and no sororoicide, yay! Glad you had a good time!

10. Briannakin

Feb 25, 2010
    She had no idea when she was deployed where she was going, but given that she has completely been MIA, I'd guess see was sent where she was needed the most.

Edit: So I got home, took a much needed nap with the kitties and woke up to a dozen very excited texts from my friends. Jagmeet Singh (who you non-Canadians may know from this viral video from a few weeks ago) just won the NDP leadership race, becoming the first visible minority to be a leader of a major Canadian political party. Politics aside, I think this is just awesome. I went to a very mixed-ethnic/mixed-religion high school and several of my friends are Sikh and they - along with a bunch of my other friends who are visible minorities - are just so thankful to be represented in politics.

And now the joke is that Justin Trudeau is old. In the last election he was criticized for being too young. Now, his two major opponents are both 7 years younger than he is. I have nothing against those with wise years being in politics, but when you see those who are dangerously out of touch with the future of our planet leading it, it gets a bit worrisome for those of us who have to live here for another 60 years, long after said leaders are long forgotten.

Anyways, back to cats.

Gamiel, divapilot and Chyntuck like this.
  11. Chyntuck

Chyntuck Force Ghost star 5

Jul 11, 2014
    Welcome home Bri, and congrats on the new NDP leader :D I was following that race because one of the candidates has been campaigning against gold mining near my village. She wasn't elected but I'm very happy with the result as it is anyway!

So last night I went to bed thinking of a fic I wanted to write and I was stuck half-way through the plot, I couldn't figure out how it would move forward after a specific point. Then I ended up dreaming of it, and I saw my entire plot unfold in great detail, and I was reaching the point where I'd been stuck... and just then the alarm clock rang and I woke up. Grrrrr.

12. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    This looks interesting, I really liked his earlier works

13. Nehru_Amidala

Nehru_Amidala Force Ghost star 7

Oct 3, 2016
    That was an interesting video.

14. Chyntuck

Jul 11, 2014
    We're doing a thorough renovation of my mother-in-law's flat and all sorts of weird things are coming out of the depths of the cupboards. She kept Mr Chyn's math notebooks and textbooks from 1987. When I asked her why she said, "if he forgets math he'll know where to go looking".

I'm not even halfway through that pile of boxes and I'm beginning to fear the worst.

Mistress_Renata likes this.
  15. Nehru_Amidala

Oct 3, 2016
    Math texts from 1987? This may be a sign of hoarding.

Chyntuck likes this.
  16. Chyntuck

Jul 11, 2014
    Nah, it's not like she kept really random stuff like the paper to wrap the bread or something. Just everything that has to do with her stepson's childhood from the moment he arrived in our lives. Typical Greek mother, in other words :p

17. Nehru_Amidala

Oct 3, 2016
    Okay, you had me worried there for a little bit.

18. Jedi_Lover

Nov 1, 2004
    You'll know when you have a hoarder when you have little paths between boxes. Finding random stuff in a cupboards is nothing. Believe me, my parents were hoarders. :rolleyes: Luckily, they were the clean type of hoarders that had nicely stacked plastic bins full of unopened DVDs, knickknacks, electronics and stuff. It wasn't food or perishables. And they didn't have pets, so that helped. When they died my siblings and I rented huge dumpster...about the size of the back of a large dumptruck and filled it with VCR recordings of my mother's favorite soap opera shows. Thousands of VCR tapes. It nearly filled up the dumpster. Wow!

Chyntuck and Mistress_Renata like this.
  19. Mistress_Renata

Sep 9, 2000
    My great-uncle wasn't quite a hoarder, but he was on the edge. A Depression kid, then WW2, he knew there would be shortages and believed in stocking up because you never knew what would be useful. Of course, when my mom & her cousin went to clean out the place and started pitching things, they discovered he'd hidden MONEY everywhere! A few hundred bucks in the chair cushions, between the pages of different books, behind picture frames... It took forever for them to go through everything and toss stuff. They found quite a lot of cash, too. He did have a few bank accounts, and stocks and such, but he believe in having cash on hand "just in case!" And several industrial size jars full of coins that all had to be separated and wrapped...

Ewok Poet and Chyntuck like this.
  20. Jedi_Lover

Nov 1, 2004
    I don't think we found any hidden money. Not that there wasn't money, but it wasn't hidden. My dad had jars of old coins that we split up. My parents lived through the depression also. I guess it is something about their generation that made them want to save stuff.

Ewok Poet and Chyntuck like this.
  21. jcgoble3

jcgoble3 Chosen One star 6

Nov 7, 2010
    ARGH! I'm trying to balance my bank accounts. The totals on the bank side match the totals on my records, so you would think that everything is good, right? Wrong.

On September 11, my grandmother gave me $40 cash to buy clothes with. (I don't need that, Grandma, but I digress...) Since I use a cash back credit card for everything and don't use cash unless forced to, I carried the money around in my wallet for a while and then deposited it into my checking account on September 25. The bank statement shows this deposit without error, but my records do not list it. Yet the balances match. If I add the missing deposit to my records to match the bank statement, I'm off by $40. If I remove the deposit from the bank statement to match my records, I'm off by $40. The balances match if and only if I include the deposit on the bank side but do not include it on my side.

I've checked, rechecked, and triple-checked all records—the bank, credit card company, and mine—and confirmed multiple times that this deposit is the only mismatch between the bank's records and my records, and I'm virtually tearing my hair out trying to figure out where this $40 vanished to. Please send help because I may go insane by the end of the night trying to figure this out. :p

Chyntuck likes this.
  22. Ewok Poet

Ewok Poet Force Ghost star 6

Jul 31, 2014
    One of our further relatives was the kind of a hoarder who was not clean. The last time we visited her, there were old dolls, bottles of old and dirty water, piles of dirty clothes and whatnot. And there was a huge dumpster after she died, too. :(

Anyway... in the past 24 hours, two random strangers asked me out.

One was just like: "Wanna go out tonight?" and I'm about to tell him that I'm, err, going to sit here and bake cakes or something.

The other hit me up on Facebook, asking if I'm a web developer. Then he spoke about how he wants to create a dating site and how we should "have a meeting to discuss it". Eventually, he creeped the heck out of me. He first asked me what do I think about men and then, practically out of nowhere, he blurted out the following:

"I'd like you to think the best about me. You can talk about everything you want with me, you can ask me anything. Just relax and drop your guard."

Speechless...

leiamoody likes this.
  23. mavjade

mavjade Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 10, 2005
    Hey guys!

I finally have a little access to wifi (we'll see how long it lasts) and my first day off in two weeks, mostly 12 hours days but some 15 hours and one travel day that was about 22 hours long. I've been in Puerto Rico (I didn't say that when I left because I wasn't sure about what I could and couldn't say) where we've had intermittent cell service but not enough to get online.

They've extended me until the 15th, but that doesn't mean I'll actually leave on the 15th, it's sometimes taking a few days after that to get people home.

But I just wanted to let you guys know I'm okay, and you might not see me much until then depending on how our days go and if we stay here where we currently have wifi. (I feel like I've been in such a news vacuum, I was so excited when we got the wifi password I didn't know what to do with myself. :p )

I hope everyone is doing well!

24. Briannakin

Feb 25, 2010
    SHE'S ALIVE, SHE'S ALIVE! (See the MS thread for my actual heartfelt remarks - don't want people here knowing I'm a big softy).

25. Chyntuck

Jul 11, 2014
    MAAAAAAAV! It's good to hear from you! Stay safe and good luck with your work!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.