main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Finn, Kylo or Rey? Which one did you like most in TFA?

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by mihaitzateo, Mar 21, 2016.

?

Finn,Kylo or Rey,which one you liked most in TFA?

1. Finn

10 vote(s)
    7.8%
  2. Kylo

41 vote(s)
    32.0%
  3. Rey

26 vote(s)
    20.3%
  4. Liked Finn and Rey equally

10 vote(s)
    7.8%
  5. Liked Rey and Kylo equally

33 vote(s)
    25.8%
  6. Liked Finn and Kylo equally

2 vote(s)
    1.6%
  7. Liked Finn and Rey and Kylo equally

6 vote(s)
    4.7%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mihaitzateo

mihaitzateo Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 5, 2015
    Finn,Kylo or Rey,which one you liked most ?
    A poll is attached.
    You can vote that you liked all equally or other variant ; all variants are covered,by the poll.
    I am just curious.

2. Darthman92

Darthman92 Force Ghost star 6

Feb 24, 2016
    I'd probably say that Rey was the most likable though I find Kylo to be the most interesting of the new characters.

Search Your Feelings likes this.
  3. WebLurker

WebLurker Jedi Master star 4

Mar 12, 2016
    Rey was my favorite new character of the movie, Finn being a very close second. Kylo Ren was an interesting character and I'm looking forward to seeing where he goes next, but he didn't stand out to me as much as the others did.

4. JediMatteus

JediMatteus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 16, 2008
    i don't get how this can even be close,. Rey is far more compelling than any other character in Star Wars right now. As i fear Luke's legacy will never be what it should be. Heck i would take Rey over Anakin.

5. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    Liked Rey the most, but all three of them are great characters!

JediMatteus likes this.
  6. Darth_Pevra

Darth_Pevra Chosen One star 6

May 21, 2008
    YMMV

I couldn't connect to Rey because when I try new stuff, I usually fail in my first attempts, especially if I set out to do something difficult. As a lead I find Luke a lot more compelling and relatable than Rey. I hope she's given more "meat" in the next movies.

Feren and JediMatteus like this.
  7. La Calavera

La Calavera Force Ghost star 4

Sep 2, 2015
    Well, Rey was written to be extremely likable. No shameful or embarrassing personality flaws; doesn’t do any serious mistake; doesn’t have an attitude; has all the desirable traits in a hero and none of the flaws; and all the other characters she interacts with just adore her.

So yeah, I would have to go with Rey here because the writers didn’t give me any reason to dislike her, as oppose to Kylo and Finn. However, if the question was “which character is the most interesting”, I would say the other two, by a large margin.

8. Darth_Pevra

Darth_Pevra Chosen One star 6

May 21, 2008
    True. Many male heroes from action franchises are like that. Jake Sully from Avatar, Ethan Hunt from MI, etc. all don't really have any discernible flaws. Many SF-captains from SF-shows also follow the formula with the main difference remaining whether a character is more rule-abiding or more rule-bending and not much else.

Personally I prefer heroes like Sarah Connor from Terminator 2 who have more edge. Rey would benefit from stronger flaws and more development.

9. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    Poe still not getting any love I see... :p

Seriously though, Rey is definitely my favorite of the new cast with Poe and Finn neck and neck. Love both characters so it's hard to choose. Kylo is a great character but I despise him. :p

10. JediLight

JediLight Force Ghost star 4

May 31, 2001
    It's easy to latch on Rey and Kylo Ren as they are the main pieces of the new trilogy.

Finn and Poe are excellent characters as well.

11. nightangel

nightangel Force Ghost star 6

Oct 31, 2014
  12. WebLurker

Mar 12, 2016
    Fair enough. I would counter-argue that Rey wasn't exactly a "no-fail" character. Most of the stuff she proved to be good at (mechanics, piloting, using the lightsaber as a melee weapon) were set up in the movie's first acts (and extrapolated elsewhere in the canon). She did need three tries to mind-trick the stormtrooper. She was losing that lightsaber duel at the end up until she was pushed to the cliff. She only won that because A.) Kylo Ren had a couple nasty injuries, wasn't on top of his game and B.) she managed to connect to the Force at that moment to turn the tide (I took her sudden win there as the Force directing her moves a la Ben Kenobi's lesson in A New Hope).

But hey, you can't be wrong about what you like and dislike. And I hope all the characters are given interesting arcs and stuff to do in the rest of the movies.

13. astronaut23

astronaut23 Jedi Master star 2

Jan 9, 2005
    Rey was the prettiest to look at but I think Finn was a better character cause he was more realistic and not perfect at doing everything. Oh yeah he wasn't a Mary Sue…lol.

The Darth Vader wannabe was not a likable character in any fashion of the word after he killed Han in this movie.

Darth Basin likes this.
  14. ObiWanKnowsMe

ObiWanKnowsMe Jedi Master star 4

Sep 7, 2015
    Rey slightly over Kylo.

15. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    Finn and Rey tied. Poe is fun too. Kylo Ren needs to spend a month living in a cardboard house with people who want to beat him up and only having Ramen noodles to eat so he'll realize how fortunate he was to have parents and an uncle like his.

Pain and Suffering and Feren like this.
  16. JediMatteus

Sep 16, 2008
    why would ANYONE like Kylo. he is the whiniest princess wimp character since jar jar. he is a joke compared to Vader.

Darth Basin likes this.
  17. WebLurker

Mar 12, 2016
    Well, that's kind of the point. He wants to be the galaxy's big bad more than anything else. It's spelled out in the movies. He wants to finish what Vader started and is afraid that he'll never be as powerful as his grandfather.

I've noticed that people who like him think that he's a more complicated villain (he trying very hard to resist urges to be good) and has a different backstory as someone who came from a more stable background. (That also makes him a bit of a foil to Finn and Rey; both people who should've been utterly conscienceless, given their backgrounds but managed to retain their humanity).

I didn't like him as much as the other new characters (as a lot of people seem to have; I gather that the people working on the movie and/or merchandizing thought he was going to be a breakout character), but since he's only at stage one, I'm not quite ready to write him off until we see where he ends up.

JediMatteus likes this.
  18. JediMatteus

Sep 16, 2008
    yeah i thought he was emaculated in this movie, he has lots of ground to make up to be a great villain

19. TheSlave_1

TheSlave_1 Jedi Padawan star 1

Feb 25, 2016
    Rey was the most likeable in my eyes. I found myself rooting for her throughout the movie.

JediMatteus likes this.
  20. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    Liked Finn and Rey equally

21. Skillzwalker

Skillzwalker Jedi Master star 3

Oct 24, 2015
    Rey for me as she was just terrific from start to finish. Having said that I loved all of the new characters and that is the greatest success of TFA for me. Finn was brilliant and a really interesting new character, kylo outstanding as a complex character. all 3 extremely well acted so kudos to the casting agents and JJ for delivering on what was such an important aspect of this movie

22. Joanu Savan

Joanu Savan Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 6, 2016
    I would marry Rey, but as a character Kylo was my favourite.

23. cubman987

cubman987 Friendly Neighborhood Saga/Music/Fun & Games Mod star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 7, 2014
    I really liked all of the new characters but Rey far and away was my favorite (along with BB-8 but he wan't an option).

JediMatteus likes this.
  24. t-trooperyc94

t-trooperyc94 Jedi Padawan star 1

Apr 17, 2015
    Kylo probably, he's the only new character with any depth to him.

25. Thrawn082

Thrawn082 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 11, 2014
    Rey easily (although I do love the other to as well). And if anything, this nonsense about her "having no flaws" only makes me like her even more. As for the other two:

-Finn is maybe the most overtly heroic character in the entire film.
    -Kylo is an interesting villain, and has the potential to be an epic one. Thank goodness they resisted the urge to make him a cliché "uber-bad*** cold-blooded" baddie right out of the gate. This is so much more intriguing.

But really, I liked pretty much ALL of the new characters. It's one thing that TFA improves on from ANH, I latched onto these characters much quicker than the old ones.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.