main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Finn, Kylo or Rey? Which one did you like most in TFA?

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by mihaitzateo, Mar 21, 2016.

?

Finn,Kylo or Rey,which one you liked most in TFA?

1. Finn

10 vote(s)
    7.8%
  2. Kylo

41 vote(s)
    32.0%
  3. Rey

26 vote(s)
    20.3%
  4. Liked Finn and Rey equally

10 vote(s)
    7.8%
  5. Liked Rey and Kylo equally

33 vote(s)
    25.8%
  6. Liked Finn and Kylo equally

2 vote(s)
    1.6%
  7. Liked Finn and Rey and Kylo equally

6 vote(s)
    4.7%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jakku

Jakku Jedi Knight star 2

Dec 29, 2015
    I liked all the new characters - the casting was inspired. I came out of my first viewing utterly entranced by Rey, and came out of my second smitten by Kylo. He's not a 'big bad' at all, which fascinates me much more than black-to-the-core villains like Vader.

TFA also made me go check out all films featuring Oscar Isaac and Adam Driver. How on earth did JJ persuade two such classy actors into a Disney franchise? I think Driver is astonishingly good in everything.

2. ofrecoilandgrace

ofrecoilandgrace Jedi Knight star 1

Dec 18, 2015
    Rey all the way. Finn I like and I don't care about Kylo at all

JediMatteus likes this.
  3. AllEyezOnTheDarkSide

AllEyezOnTheDarkSide Jedi Knight star 2

Nov 25, 2015
    Finn! His story is the one I find the most interesting. He's like Han Solo and Luke Skywalker mixed into one, I feel like the guy we meet in episode 9 is going to be a completely different person from the young man we've seen in TFA. Hes clearly one of the 3 central characters of the ST yet he isnt tied to the Skywalkers (probably), which makes me all the more excited to see how the character plays into the story overall (light vs dark etc). My dream senario would be to see the stroomtooper FN-2187 evolve into "Finn the Jedi Knight"!!!

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

4. Thrawn082

Thrawn082 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 11, 2014
    How did Disney get Robert freaking Redford to be in the second Captain America movie, or Glenn Close to be in GOTG (BDT as well), or James Spader to be in Age of Ultron, etc. There's not nearly as much stigma about doing genre roles as their used to be. Heck even the PT is proof of that, and that was like 10-15 years ago.

5. Darth Basin

Darth Basin Jedi Master star 5

Aug 15, 2015
    Finn is clearly the best of the 3 choices. Boyega was given the "Binks role" of comic relief but his acting style pulled it off . Not only that when fully covered in armor, (u can only act thru movement) he outperformed Driver & Christie (when they were covered).

Ridley's Rey is just 2 much of a Miss Perfect. I wont go into it since 1/2 the internet backs me up.

Driver's Kylo Ren is just a horrible villain. A person u hate 2 hate. Kills a helpless old man, orders a village nuked, mind rapes Poe, tries 2 do the same 2 Rey then kills off a Big 3 Icon. I'm sure that line about "Snoke was watching over our son" was a last minute edit change 2 try 2 make the audience not 100% hate KR.

2 little 2 late. Ether KR goes grey or kill him off with no redemption in 9.

6. Thrawn082

Thrawn082 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 11, 2014
    "1/2 of the internet backs me up." Yeah no they don't, not even close, sorry. And 1/2 of the internet equals like 3% of the GA, so not much credibility there either. And I won't go into how the whole "Rey is perfect" line is completely nonsense, because it's hardly worth repeating at this point.

Oh and everything that Kylo did makes him a really interesting villain. Also the line was in the novelization, which is based on a EARLIER version of the script. So no, it was always there, try better next time.

cubman987 and 11-4D like this.
  7. Diddy Minty

Diddy Minty Jedi Master star 3

Jan 28, 2016
    Kylo all the way, but Rey is a very close second!

8. Darth Basin

Darth Basin Jedi Master star 5

Aug 15, 2015
    Oh and everything that Kylo did makes him a really interesting villain. Also the line was in the novelization, which is based on a EARLIER version of the script. So no, it was always there, try better next time.[/quote]

I can't remember the movie line for line but I distinctly remember Leia blaming Kylo's problems on Snoke.

9. Ruffmeian

Ruffmeian Jedi Master star 3

Dec 19, 2015
    I had to think about this for a little bit to see if I thought my answer was biased because I have a fondness for the actor specifically- but I don't really think that matters. I could've been disappointed and I wasn't.

Kylo. And I chose him because while I'm interested in Rey's background, Kylo's STORY in it's entirety has me itching to know now. I'm excited for it! It's partially the stereotypical why did the bad guy go bad, I'm sure-- but he's not your normal bad guy. He's clearly trying to be something he's not (while still being incredibly powerful) and it makes me want to know everything about him.

10. Ruffmeian

Ruffmeian Jedi Master star 3

Dec 19, 2015

But it's clear Snoke did take advantage of whatever the situation was.

Darth Basin likes this.
  11. Darth_Voider

Darth_Voider Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 4, 2015
    I liked Rey the most. Don't get me started on the whole "no character flaws". If they want, they can show that still in VIII and IX. SOME flaws are OK, but it also becomes already too cliche if a fictional character has to have as much flaws as possible and ends up being a grim-dark, depressive character with the typical childhood trauma from which he or she still suffers. And at the same time, the main villain has to be the super-badass who kicks the main leads' butt every 45 seconds. I think Rey and Kylo are a refreshing heroine and villain.

Gesendet von meinem GT-P3110 mit Tapatalk

12. mute90

mute90 Jedi Knight star 1

Sep 18, 2012
    Finn. He was adorable, kind, funny, and brave. I loved that he had a very noticeable change in motivation from beginning to end. He freezes up in fear when Kylo looks at him in the beginning. At the end, he swings a lightsaber at the guy. (For me, the moment to start clapping is when he lights up that saber in the snow.) He was terrified of the first Order and later went right to their home base. It's amazing. I keep smiling at the beginning of the movie where he sees Rey beat up a group of people, but repeatedly grabs her hand to drag her away from the bombs anyway because he's awesome like that.

I think he's got a lot of potential in the future too. The troopers were constantly in the background of the saga. Finn can be the character to make them really matter in a way the others movies didn't. We already saw some of that when his fellow trooper left the bloody handprint on his helmet and with the 'Traitor!' trooper.

It's funny. When I first saw the movie, my favorite was a tie between Kylo and Rey. I saw it again, and it became a tie between Finn and Kylo. Now, it's Finn all the way.

Sgt. Carver likes this.
  13. Millennium Falcon 888

Millennium Falcon 888 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 6, 2016
    I like all three of them equally... It's because of the presence of Rey, Kylo, and Finn, as well as how seamlessly they managed to interact with their legendary OT peers was what made "The Force Awakens" tick for me...

Rey - now that's what I call a tough girl and at the same time, she's also the new generation version of Princess Leia, without becoming a sex slave (not yet anyway)... :)

Kylo Ren - Adam played the role of the conflicted baddie perfectly (not-so-handsome face and all), and it will be interesting to see where he goes later in the trilogy - whether ending up as a full-fledged Vader-esque villain or eventually accepting the Light and redeeming himself... =D=

Finn - a breath of fresh air to the movie, with his humorous antics and funny one-liners, and that potential bromance with Poe Dameron is something to look forward to! :cool:

14. General_Leia_Organa

General_Leia_Organa Jedi Knight star 3

Feb 23, 2016
    Rey was so instantly lovable and relatable, and that moment when she pulls the saber out of the snow and ignites it was just so friggen magical for me on that first viewing. I'm so happy her character exists. Instant fave, no question.

15. Zalbaar

Zalbaar Jedi Padawan star 1

Jan 12, 2016
    Finn, his story is so complex and intriguing. I think he's without doubt the most interesting character in the whole saga.

16. Darth Bary

Darth Bary Jedi Knight star 1

Mar 21, 2016
    Kylo. Most interesting character. I love how they make a point of him being a fraud-at first glance he seems cold and calculated like vader, but in reality he's an angsty, pathetic teenager stuck in the body of a 30 year old.

17. StormScavenger

StormScavenger Jedi Knight star 2

Dec 28, 2015
    Love all three, but can only narrow it down to Finn and Rey I like the most (so far). Too hard to name just one I liked the most in TFA. It's like picking your favorite child.

18. dolphin

dolphin Chosen One star 5

Nov 5, 1999
    Finn

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.