main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Finnish Star Wars Comics 2005

Discussion in 'Archive: Finland' started by Dreadlocked_Wookiee, Oct 21, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dreadlocked_Wookiee

Dreadlocked_Wookiee Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 7, 2001
    Greetings from across the Baltic! :)

The Swedish Star Wars comic-book editor, translator and letterer here ...
    Some of you may have seen my name pop up in the Finnish editions which were published by Egmont Kustannus in 2003.
    Well, next year, we are once again co-publishing the book with our Finnish sister company ...

You will see two issues of our "ongoing" Star Wars comic book in Finland next year.

No. 1/05 is expected to be out February 8 in Sweden (should be something similar in Finland).
    This will be a 148-page book (including covers), collecting the Clone Wars stories originally published by Dark Horse Comics in Star Wars: Republic #55-60.

No. 2/05 is slated for a May 10 release in Sweden.
    This is the comics adaptation of Star Wars: Episode III - Revenge of the Sith and will probably be a 100-page book unless Dark Horse increases the number of pages during the creative process (we have a budget for this issue which covers 148 pages) ...

If I have it my way, the paper stock used for these issues will be of better quality than last time around ... if you've seen the Hämähäkkimies book lately, you know what I'm aiming for (hope I got Spidey's Finnish name right!).
    A decision in this matter should come from the higher-ups pretty soon.

We're also discussing the possibility of publishing some other Star Wars comics besides the two issues of our "ongoing" title.
    It's too early to tell what these comics might be, though, IF they even get published.
    At the moment, I can't guarantee anything except the two issuses mentioned above.

Any questions?
    Just ask away.
    I will do my best to answer them.

--
    Janne Helander
    Swedish Star Wars editor
    Svenska Star Wars-seriesidan

2. TK-46_Duke

TK-46_Duke Jedi Master star 4

Jan 23, 2002
    Weeh! This is great news for us. Thanks Janne! :)

I hope you don't mind if I'll write an articel about this to Finnish SW -portal's news. :)

3. Dreadlocked_Wookiee

Oct 7, 2001
    Not at all.
    Go ahead.
    Oh ... you already did. ;)

Is the Pilvikaupunkia forum more active than this one?

4. TK-46_Duke

Jan 23, 2002
    Pilvikaupunki is our mainforum so it's more active than this one. On this forum there are only few occasional visitors.

If you wish, please feel free to register yourself to Pilvikaupunki, so you can keep us posted about forthcoming SW comics. :)

5. Dreadlocked_Wookiee

Oct 7, 2001
    Okay, I'll do that.

6. TK-46_Duke

Jan 23, 2002
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.