main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Finn's motivation when he wakes up

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by rhymecheat, Dec 24, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FN-2187

FN-2187 Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 6, 2015
    Too bad Kylo will be on planet Frieza training with the rest of the Ginyu force. Finn's gonna wake up and be like, "where'd everybody go?"

2. Finn-2187

Finn-2187 Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 21, 2015
    No joke. I would say that's almost an understatement. Her getting to use that British accent in the film somehow made her even more attractive lol.

mperrotti34 likes this.
  3. mperrotti34

mperrotti34 Jedi Youngling

Dec 22, 2015
    New thread: Daisy Ridley is HOT lol. in all seriousness I think she did a great job bringing the character to life.

TiredLookInHisEyes and Finn-2187 like this.
  4. LadyPadme

LadyPadme Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 26, 2002
    My guess is he'll join the Resistance (although would someone kindly explain to me why troops for the legitimate government of the galaxy are called the "Resistance"?), but I like that his future is open ended. I really don't want to know too much before the next movie starts. Part of the fun I had in my first viewing of TFA was being almost completely spoiler-free.

5. Shadojoker

Shadojoker Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 15, 2000
    His goals upon waking up..

1) Reunion with Rey

2) Kill or vengeance against Kylo will be on his brain non-stop. Maybe he trains to be more skilled with a lightsaber or melee weapon.

Hopefully the Force awakens in him stronger too. It's no doubt hes sensitive because I'm sure it will be revealed that the Force is what caused him to snap out of his First Order brainwashing.

TiredLookInHisEyes and Finn-2187 like this.
  6. Vehgah

Vehgah Jedi Knight star 4

May 8, 2014
    I think the force will start moving in him. I mean it's already directed his path, so this is the next step.

I think he's going to start off with the Resistance stuff but then go off with a vision much like Luke did. I can't think there being much he can do for the Resistance that no basic soldier can already give. Just think about it. In ESB all the war stuff is in the beginning of the movie but then meanders off into other things dealing directly with Vader and the Force. The battles were always in the backdrop.And this series is even more about the force than last time, it seems.

I can imagine Leia needing Finn for intel, keeping him around, and then giving him permission to go find Rey, mirroring the whole thing with Han. Finn goes off, gets sidetracked, finds out about his family, towards the end there's trouble and he runs into Luke and Rey after they finish whatever it is they were up to. Big battle. Luke decides to take on new apprentices. The stage is then set for a big conflict in IX.

I think Finn's motive is going to be finding out what the FO took from him, finding nothing but pain, and then going to find his new family with the Jedi.

Yeah. . .Jedi. :cool:

TiredLookInHisEyes likes this.
  7. Bacbacca

Bacbacca Jedi Master star 3

Nov 26, 2011
    If Chewbacs didnt hear the whole janitor thing he can continue lying about info.
    If Chewbacs actually heard him he will probably try to convince Chewbacs to cover for him like he did with BB-8.
    Finn is such a liar.

8. Chewies_bandolier

Chewies_bandolier Force Ghost star 4

May 5, 2002
    He is totally going to look for Rey until everyone tells him to calm down and wait ... the Fiinn-Poebromance will probably be what'll keep him there unless he is used by Kylo and friends as bait to draw Rey (and Luke) out since she cares about his so much.

9. TiredLookInHisEyes

TiredLookInHisEyes Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 2, 2015
    I can see the next movie being less action and more character story. The title will have 4 words and the first order will have their first victory by the end of the film and one of the quartet will be captured, probably Luke. Finn already awoke to the force the moment his colleague touched his helmet. Maybe meeting Luke when he returns will unlock his abilities, or he'll go see Maz for answers instead. They will definitely pair him with Poe for an important mission and we'll probably see him use the force for the first time. Merry Christmas guys :)

10. ACDC

ACDC Jedi Master star 2

Nov 28, 2004
    To seek Maz and to train with her; especially since he refused to find and train with Luke, as Rey suggested.

11. The Legions of Lettow

The Legions of Lettow Jedi Master star 5

Oct 14, 2015
    His motivate after he wakes up. To make sure Rey is OK.

12. Airseven

Airseven Jedi Knight star 1

May 21, 2013
    I hope his motivation is to stop overacting and tone down the awkward one-liners.

13. Nanosoft

Nanosoft Jedi Knight star 3

Dec 15, 2015
    My guess? He takes a lot of mentorship from Leia. In their scene in TFA, she was pretty damn impressed by the fact that he left the FO.Also, as of now, he seems to be "the Leia" of the ST (Although, I'm increasingly growing uncomfortable equating OT and ST characters).

Going out on a limb : Finn will be one of Leia's bodyguards. They will be close, he will be picking up military strategy and theory from her.

They have to go on a mission to the New Republic. Maybe Leia needs to gain more support from the Senate or something.

Assassination attempt on Leia. Or maybe even a FO invasion.

Finn caught in the middle of everything.

Rey needs to make a save.

That's my plot for Ep. 8 right now.

Both the New Republic AND the First Order are "legitimate". The FO is obviously evil...but a peace agreement was signed between both sides.

If anything the Resistance is not legitimate, because it operates in FO space illegally, with weak backing from the New Republic.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.