main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Finn's Name/Lineage

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by otherworlds, Aug 10, 2016.

1. CrazyOldJedi

CrazyOldJedi Chosen One star 6

Oct 29, 2000
    His real name is Oriz Ont'al.

2. Wildcatbarry

Wildcatbarry Jedi Master star 4

Jan 23, 2015
    Finn's last name is Ished.

3. CEB

CEB Force Ghost star 5

Dec 3, 2014
    His last name is gsaintwhattheyusedtobe

4. ObidioJuan

ObidioJuan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 1, 2002
    As said before, Willrow Hood found Luke's lightsaber in Bespin and plays a key role in the whole LS that's-a-story-for-another-time backstory.

When Willrow was dumping the computer core to save it from coming into the hands of the empire, he found the LS. During the imperial occupation of Bespin he remained there suffering imprisonment and torture but revealing nothing. Eventually, he joined together with Tian Chyler, a former Imperial Security Bureau agent disenfranchised with the Empire who had defected, transmitting information on Cloud City's Imperial-run defense systems. Utilizing this information, the Alliance was able to liberate the planet from the Empire's control. After the Rebels' victory, Hood decided to take it easy....

Or so we thought.

He met someone in the outer rim and spent some time together. After a while he left her, but unbeknownst to him she was pregnant with his child. When he was born he was given a name from his mother but this has been lost. When he was age 4 the FO came looking for recruits and took him to become a FO soldier.

The FO took him in and gave him his new name FN2187.

FN2187 was not cut out for life as a FO trooper so he ended up doing sanitation work during the construction of the planet-size super weapon a.k.a. StarKiller Base. (editor's note: Named after other EU characters that play no role in the movies as of EPVII).

On his very first combat operation, FN2187 was part of the landing party to provide support for the retrieval mission from Kylo Ren to destroy or secure the plans to Luke. During his first operation FN2187 was found in dereliction of duty by not following the orders of his superiors to fire on the captured Resistance fighters... For the rest watch EPVII TFA.

Finn's father is Willrow Hood but he never got his name.

5. JabbatheHumanBeing

JabbatheHumanBeing Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 14, 2015
  6. Wildcatbarry

Jan 23, 2015
    F N 2 1 8 7
    r a
    e b
    d e
    r r
    i r
    c i
    k e

7. CrazyOldJedi

Oct 29, 2000
  8. Wildcatbarry

Jan 23, 2015
    Fredrick
    Naberrie

9. sls062286

sls062286 Jedi Master star 4

May 10, 2016
    I think it would be a a really good story if Finn somehow found out where he was taken from. He decides to go and see if he can find his family. He then finds out that they were all killed not long after he was taken, but he manages to find the rubble of the home he and his family lived in and in the rubble he finds some kind of memento or relic with his real name on it. I could see John Boyega do some awesome acting with a scene like that.

10. Lord Farnsworth

Lord Farnsworth Jedi Padawan star 3

Feb 2, 2016
    Anakin Skywalker!
    That light saber.
    It belongs to me.
    Strange words to say to an ex Storm Trooper.

11. cerealbox

cerealbox Force Ghost star 6

May 5, 2016
    I was slightly disappointed that Kylo didn't call him FN-2187 in front of Rey.

Kylo Ren: "You need a teacher. I can show you the ways of the force. Forget about FN-2187."
    Rey: "What the hell are you talking about?"

12. Lord Farnsworth

Lord Farnsworth Jedi Padawan star 3

Feb 2, 2016
    Calling him by his number would have made more sense, than TRAITOR! It's like damn, man. What the **** did I do to you? Serious EMO issues.

cerealbox likes this.
  13. danmcken

danmcken Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 7, 2003
    Finn Smith

14. Duke Vadewalker

Duke Vadewalker Jedi Knight star 1

Mar 5, 2016
    Ah, so that's what Chris Hayes meant when he said "The ******* Calrissian!" :D

(Don't worry Chorus, no real expletives used here either ;) )

15. ForgottenMaster

ForgottenMaster Jedi Knight star 1

Dec 29, 2015
    Older Lady: Effin?!? Effin, is that you my son? Is it really you?!?

Finn: Who are you?

Older Lady: I'm Estee....Estee Tuwuhnaetsevnn. I'm your mother!

Finn: I did not expect that...

Estee: Come on! I'll introduce you to the entire Tuwuhnaetsevnn family.

16. Storm_Cloud

Storm_Cloud Jedi Master star 3

Jan 13, 2016
    Assuming he's Force sensitive, which is the way things lean in TFA, and the frontrunner has to be Windu.

17. Buddha Fett

Buddha Fett Force Ghost star 4

Dec 18, 1999
  18. cerealbox

cerealbox Force Ghost star 6

May 5, 2016
    I don't get it?

19. Darth Smurf

Darth Smurf Small, but Lethal star 6

Dec 22, 2015
    1) Louis de Finn
    2) Fidel Napoleon Traitor
    3) Find Nemo
    4) Forcesensitive Nature

... or he is the son of the guy who designed the prison of the death star from which Leia escaped (cell 2187)
    and taking him away to become a storm trooper is the punishment for his parents

20. Sum-Wan

Sum-Wan Jedi Master star 4

Feb 16, 2013
    FinnLando Calrissian Jr.

Wildcatbarry likes this.
  21. jodisgoing180

jodisgoing180 Jedi Youngling

Mar 2, 2017
    I'm a newbie, but I have a theory on Finn, and I didn't know where else to post it...

I think that Finn is the child of Rae Sloane and either Hux, or Brentin Wexley. Just my 2 cents.

22. CrazyOldJedi

Oct 29, 2000

You need the official Finn/Boyega thread, I think it's on page 14 or something.

23. Wildcatbarry

Jan 23, 2015
    12!

:han:

LOL

24. Adept

Adept Force Ghost star 4

Mar 4, 2006
    Well, if we're talking about Finn's birth name...I'd say his first name being 'Sam' (possibly short for Samuel(Name of God, God has heard), Bassam(Smiling), Isam(protection/Security), Samad(The Eternal), Samir (Friend) or Samson(Sun child)?) is a good place to start since it was the characters name when he was first envisioned while Rey's name was Kira (Beam of light). Personally I am inclined to go with Samuel. It's a good solid name and the meaning (God has heard) makes sense when Rey's name could be translated as "Beam of Light".

Might be a stretch but if Samuel is Finn's actual name you might see a few similarities to the Prophet of the same name:

"After 20 years of oppression, Samuel, who had gained national prominence as a prophet (1 Samuel 3:20), summoned the people to the hill of Mizpah, and led them against the Philistines. The Philistines, having marched to Mizpah to attack the newly amassed Israelite army, were soundly defeated and fled in terror. The retreating Philistines were slaughtered by the Israelites, which the Bible portrays positively. The text then states that Samuel erected a large stone at the battle site as a memorial, and there ensued a long period of peace thereafter."

But again...just a thought.

25. Adept

Adept Force Ghost star 4

Mar 4, 2006
    For completeness sake I looked up the meaning of 'Finn' which comes out to 'Fair, and clear." however...there appear to be Irsih Folktales about a character named Fionn mac Cumhaill (Finn Mac Cool?)
    What caught my interest about this is the following:

So that's a thing as well.

BlurryUFOs likes this.