main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Finn's romantic future is with... who?

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Ghost, Dec 27, 2017.

?

Finn's romantic future is with...

1. Rey

40.2%
  2. Rose

39.1%
  3. Poe

20.7%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jozgar

Jozgar Jedi Master star 3

Dec 20, 2015
    I think FinnRose is the most likely right now, but I still much prefer FinnRey. More chemistry and a better story in my opinion.

Sorry to fans of the pairing, but I still don’t see Finn/Poe at all. There’s literally no subtext there.

MGM likes this.
  2. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    Rey would be my first choice, then Poe, then Rose.

I don’t have a problem with Rose but the other two were introduced in TFA and a friendship has already been established.

3. Gamma626

Gamma626 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 6, 2014
    No one. Can we please give Finn an arc that doesn't revolve around him running away but learning to stand his ground or chasing after Rey? Pretty please? It's kind of pathetic at this point they've had absolutley nothing for him to do. Finn and Rey suck. Finn and Rose suck. Finn and Poe won't happen because Disney wouldn't have the balls.

Let him (and frankly the rest of the ST cast) actually become a character worth caring about please, before you force him into a relationship.

4. Aetius888

Aetius888 Jedi Master star 2

May 23, 2005
    If you're rooting for Finn to end up with Rey ... then I think you have to root for Rose to bite it. Probably in between films. If they had plans to do a love triangle, then Rose ..... how should I put this nicely .... would be a hotter actress. It would be, like, Riley Keough or Margaret Qualley as Rose. I mean, when Kate Hudson or Drew Barrymore screws up and the guy they're after starts dating another woman, it's usually a sophisticated beauty. Rose just wouldn't be much competition for Rey.

5. Ben-Solo

Ben-Solo Jedi Master star 4

Apr 19, 2017
    Are you seriously comparing the looks of two of the main co-stars in this trilogy? Really, we've got to get past looks in society; I cannot believe I just read this. Kelly Marie Tran and Daisy Ridley are both attractive women, both with promising careers and futures in Star Wars.

6. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    I don’t like love triangles and hope that there are no plans for one, and I also don’t want Rose to die, but...yeah, the idea that the only standard for “attractive” is “Drew Barrymore or similar” is pretty terrible. Even worse of a traditional-romance-trope than the love triangle itself.

7. GregMcP

GregMcP Force Ghost star 5

Jul 7, 2015
    He loves Rey. That was made pretty damn clear. He is laser focused on her.
    But Rey... less so. She has a surprisingly roving eye.
    Poor Rose. In love, but not loved.
    If JJ wants to get all Twilight Love Triangle in his movie, the seeds have been planted.

scuiggefest likes this.
  8. Blastaar

Blastaar Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 25, 2015
    I understand you not liking his stance, but looks will always be a thing in society. I mean, we did just get a shameless shirtless scene in the last star wars flick.

As for the topic. I'd vote for rey, but i'm not sure how finn will feel about being rey's side piece.

crazyewok, MGM and Jazz9276 like this.
  9. Rhyoth

Rhyoth Jedi Master star 3

Dec 20, 2015
    Given how Rian butchered some of JJ's characters, i wouldn't be surprised to see JJ strike back.[face_skull]
    So, with Holdo dead and DJ out of the story...

Still, KMT is adorable (but her haircut / makeup / attire was the complete opposite of flattering) : so basically, it all depend on how they will change her style (or not) between movies

Last edited: Dec 27, 2017
    scuiggefest likes this.
  10. JediAce1

JediAce1 Force Ghost star 5

May 8, 2014
    Two full blown romances that need to be developed in ONE movie? That's not happening. Especially after TLJ was so divisive among the fanbase.

11. Ben-Solo

Apr 19, 2017
    Only have two years to find out fun times ahead .... anything is possible (just use Last Jedi as the example)

panki likes this.
  12. ComfortablyNunb

ComfortablyNunb Jedi Master star 3

Nov 21, 2015
    One of the many things I loved about TLJ is that I genuinely don't know where the trilogy's romances are going (and I'm fine with multiple pairings). How often does that happen in a movie? Even in a great film, it's obvious who will and should end up with whom.

That said, my heart says Finn and Rey as does the symbolism of Finn having the beacon and Rey finding her way to him at the end.

13. Ben-Solo

Apr 19, 2017
    Finn didn’t have the beacon at the end of the film nor throughout it. He gave it to someone else

Yora likes this.
  14. PrincessKenobi

PrincessKenobi Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 12, 2000
    Finn and Poe are end game.

B3, Yora, Birkendoc and 1 other person like this.
  15. Luke'sSeveredHand

Luke'sSeveredHand Jedi Master star 4

Jul 21, 2014
    Why does he have to be romantically entangled? The only "ship" we've had in Star Wars was Han and Leia. I don't know why the natural predisposition is to start marrying off characters to each other. That said...I think it will be Rose.

Yora likes this.
  16. cerealbox

cerealbox Force Ghost star 6

May 5, 2016
    Did you bleach Anakin and Padme from your mind?

17. Luke'sSeveredHand

Luke'sSeveredHand Jedi Master star 4

Jul 21, 2014
    LOL indeed. WHOOPS. Although I prefer to think of it as a 3PO-esque memory wipe.

CosmicDust and cerealbox like this.
  18. RiddleMeThis

RiddleMeThis Jedi Master star 4

Dec 7, 2017
    I would be intrigued by something happening between Finn and Kylo. Perhaps a relationship that begins as an understanding, which becomes a friendship that evolves into more. Yes, not going to happen, I know. Also there seems to be very little fan content based on it. [face_sigh]

19. Jazz9276

Jazz9276 Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 19, 2016
    I did though they’re now looking like the greatest love story ever told than the one they’re trying to sell us in this one.

MGM and anakinfansince1983 like this.
  20. DaddlerTheDalek

DaddlerTheDalek Jedi Master star 4

Aug 31, 2014
    I guess Rose.

21. Jozgar

Jozgar Jedi Master star 3

Dec 20, 2015
    Okay, I'll bite. How did Rian butcher JJ's characters?

Yora likes this.
  22. StormScavenger

StormScavenger Jedi Knight star 2

Dec 28, 2015
    Voted Rey. Pretty please, JJ?

Also, more Finn and Poe scenes. Thank you.

23. MisterJedi2002

MisterJedi2002 Jedi Knight star 1

Jan 17, 2017
    When I first saw TFA, I actually thought that Finn and Rey would have a novel. Now I do not know anything else. :p

24. ShaneP

ShaneP Ex-Mod Officio star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 26, 2001
    I've tried. Doesn't work. Hell of headache.

Luke'sSeveredHand and cerealbox like this.
  25. B99

B99 Force Ghost star 6

Nov 10, 2014
    Finn and Rose.. i guess.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.