Fire and Darkness -- Amidala's Death (short story)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by ami-padme, Dec 31, 1999.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ami-padme Force Ghost

star 4
    I thought Elway was a bit short-changed. They did some stuff on him, but not a lot; he didn't win football player of the decade (Rice did).

There weren't too many surprises over all (besides the hockey thing). I think they should make this an award show without a host -- it just doesn't seem necessary. Smits was okay, but they should save time for the actual awards (apparently they gave away tons of them at the pre-awards show).
  2. OJSithLord Jedi Master

star 4
    I forgot to tell you that our band performed a "Dual of the Fates" halftime show for the final home game (u. of Maryland) and at UF; I don't know if they did this at the Sugar Bowl.
    The show was pretty cool - we had some kids from the theater dept. decked out as Obi Qui Gon and D Maul and they went at it at midfield while the band played on. The Force was w/ the 'Noles this year
  3. ami-padme Force Ghost

star 4
    Cool. That seems like a pretty complicated song for a marching band to do, so I'm impressed. The saber show sounds like fun.

My brother put together a basketball highlight film to DOTF. It's a great song to use for sports related stuff.
  4. OJSithLord Jedi Master

star 4
    Well, we do have one of the top bands in the nation so we make it look easy

I can see it- Kobe Bryant making Grant Hill his ***** to the frenetic ending of the song

Just saw the ESPY replay; I think it woulld have been better if ****y V, Chris Berman, Lee Corso, Herbstreit, etc had hosted it instead of those Hollywood stiffs. Still, I like where they had Burt Reynolds present the award to Bowden- Reynolds is one of our alums and he has spent millions here; saw him when we played Miami, doing the wave of all things.
  5. ami-padme Force Ghost

star 4
    "****y V"? LOL!

I agree with you, the show would probably be more entertaining that way.

The Oscar nominations come out tomorrow (well, today). I must be the only person in the western world who didn't like "American Beauty," so I'm not looking forward to seeing it get 100 noms. Oh well.
  6. OJSithLord Jedi Master

star 4
    never saw American beauty and probably don't plan on it.

i could give a damn about the oscars- shakespeare in love beat saving private ryan last year; thay must be a bunch of crack addicts.

i'll watch phantom menace a million times before i even think of renting any of this years oscar nominees

imagine diky v on coke, speed, or acid
  7. OJSithLord Jedi Master

star 4
  8. OJSithLord Jedi Master

star 4
  9. ami-padme Force Ghost

star 4
    "i'll watch phantom menace a million times before i even think of renting any of this years oscar nominees"

I won't argue with you there.

As for Mr. Vitale, it was scary enough seeing him as a flying Elvis last night!!

500? We're unstoppable!

[This message has been edited by ami-padme (edited 02-15-2000).]
  10. OJSithLord Jedi Master

star 4
    Vitale as a Flying Elvis? Can't believe I missed that.

He should also do political commentary
  11. OJSithLord Jedi Master

star 4
    Vitale as a Flying Elvis? Can't believe I missed that.

He should also do political commentary
  12. OJSithLord Jedi Master

star 4
  13. OJSithLord Jedi Master

star 4
  14. OJSithLord Jedi Master

star 4
  15. ami-padme Force Ghost

star 4
    Weird, I couldn't see any of your posts yesterday.

Vitale was lowered from ceiling by cables. It was a bit crazy.

I guess he could do play-by-play for Bradley, just to keep his campaing sports related. Have you seen the Jordan endorsement commercial yet? I haven't -- I'm quite curious as to what it's like.
  16. OJSithLord Jedi Master

star 4
    http://espn.go.com/nba/news/2000/0216/360681.html http://espn.go.com/nba/news/2000/0216/360681.html

yeah the page was screwed up for a while
  17. ami-padme Force Ghost

star 4
    Did you post? I can't see anything again. What's going on??
  18. ami-padme Force Ghost

star 4
  19. ami-padme Force Ghost

star 4
    Okay, I can see your post with the ESPN link. I heard about that trade earlier today. It's...interesting? I guess this means Iverson may have to pass the ball every now and then. The Bulls will probably get a good draft pick since the Warriors suck. I don't know much about the guys who went to Golden State.

Hey, the Valentine's stuff is gone. I'm sure Maul and Wicket are happy, wherever they are.

I hope this thread isn't about to self-destruct...
  20. OJSithLord Jedi Master

star 4
    Warriors got Larry Hughes and Billy Owens. Hughes has Sprewell type athleticism and should flourish away from Iverson. Owens
    was all star caliber his first 3-4 seasons but seems to have spiraled downward since.

WTF is up w this page I think its a conspiracy to keep you under 500
  21. OJSithLord Jedi Master

star 4
    Maul and the Ewok probably needed to find the backseat of a car
  22. ami-padme Force Ghost

star 4
    "I think its a conspiracy to keep you under 500"

Let them try it! If they strike me down, I'll grow stronger than they can possibly imagine...

"Maul and the Ewok probably needed to find the backseat of a car"

Now, there's an image for the ages...You think Maul could treat the fuzzball a little better; maybe borrow Palpy's bachelor pad on Coruscant or something...
  23. OJSithLord Jedi Master

star 4
    Nope- Maul's probably a cheap date
  24. ami-padme Force Ghost

star 4
    Cheap, doesn't talk much -- what does that Ewok see in him anyway?
  25. ami-padme Force Ghost

star 4
    Cheap, doesn't talk much -- what does that Ewok see in him anyway?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.