main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Fire and Darkness -- Amidala's Death (short story)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by ami-padme, Dec 31, 1999.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. OJSithLord

OJSithLord Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 14, 1999
    1. Hint: Did you watch the Sugar Bowl?

http://abccfb.go.com/sights/index.html http://abccfb.go.com/sights/index.html

2. Padewan Padme? LOL!

[This message has been edited by OJSithLord (edited 01-23-2000).]

2. ami-padme

ami-padme Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 19, 1999
    elbows OJ in the ribs and whispers conspiratorily

Look up the page...we're not alone in here anymore!

:p

[This message has been edited by ami-padme (edited 01-23-2000).]

3. OJSithLord

Dec 14, 1999
    damn! I thought we had this place to ourselves.

4. Alderaan21

Alderaan21 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 24, 1998
    Sis, I think the story's over. It was over on page 2.

That was my sis, folks... a not so frequent poster to this forum. 'Padawan Padme' was a handle I jokingly suggested to her when she was signing up, and she decided to take it literally. She thought it sounded cute. I've created a monster-- and I apologize for the intrusion.

I'll leave you two back to your private chatting.

5. OJSithLord

Dec 14, 1999
    was only kidding

6. Alderaan21

Alderaan21 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 24, 1998
    I know. I was posting that for her sake. I enjoy hassling her, anyway. What are older sisters for? Bugging younger ones.

7. ami-padme

Sep 19, 1999
    Aahh, sibling rivalry...I know it well.

I'm also an older sister, Alderaan21, so I know where your coming from!

But, since I choose to believe Padawan Padme was complimenting my brilliant Maul/pyschologist scene, I refuse to join in the teasing.

I think the story's over. It was over on page 2.

Wow, and two pages later, the madness continues...

8. OJSithLord

Dec 14, 1999
    1.actually I'm pretty sure she was really talking about my Croc Hunter thread and everything else I write; it's like being at the Sermon on the mount (JK).

2. I'm an Alpha sibling as well. It's always fun to let the Beta sibling know his place; "I'm the Rock, know your Role!"

[This message has been edited by OJSithLord (edited 01-24-2000).]

9. OJSithLord

Dec 14, 1999

my charismatic presence will do that- up!

[This message has been edited by OJSithLord (edited 01-24-2000).]

10. OJSithLord

Dec 14, 1999
  11. ami-padme

Sep 19, 1999
    "my charismatic presence will do that"

Undoubtedly. I'm so normal otherwise...really! Stop laughing!

BTW, I meant to say Go Florida State! about three or four posts ago...

I get the feeling you drive your "Beta" sibling much crazier than I could drive mine! It can't be easy living with a Sith Lord!

12. OJSithLord

Dec 14, 1999
    "Younger brothers are no match for the power of the Dark Side!"

I'm an older brother so yeah I was a tyrannical Sith Lord; poor thing's lucky he's made it this far (JK).

Oh yeah thanks for giving the Greatest Football Team to ever walk the earth its due respect, something a lot of people are reluctant to do these days (outsiders are convinced we are the "Evil Empire" of College Football, though I think Coach Bowden is more like Yoda than Palpatine IMHO).

[

[This message has been edited by OJSithLord (edited 01-29-2000).]

13. ami-padme

Sep 19, 1999
    Go ahead and be proud of your school!

My school doesn't even have a football team I pause to let OJ shudder in horror, our basketball team sucks (even though we occasionally get a tourney berth for winning our pathetic conference)...the only thing we're good at is hockey. We're actually really good at that, but I don't like hockey all that much. Sigh.

14. OJSithLord

Dec 14, 1999
    LIFE WITHOUT FOOTBALL?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?
    NO! THAT CAN'T BE TRUE! THAT'S IMPOSSIBLE!

I can see it now, Sally Struthers doing this commercial:

" Here's poor Ami Padme. Look deep in those sad puppy dog eyes.. she's been systematically deprived of the joy
    brought to boys and girls attending such schools as FSU, Nebraska, Penn State, etc., by college football. Help make her life a little better by donating thousands so she'll have the pleasure of getting drunk at tailgate parties and experiencing such heated rivalries as Penn State vs Michigan, Nebraska vs Texas, Florida State vs the World (especially UF and Miami). Remember, he who saves one life saves the world entire so act now before its too late for Ami- Don't let her be another lost embittered soul!"

It is hard to imagine life w/ out it, its such a big part of campus life here; we see the players all the time on the way to class, athletes who in some cases have attained superstar status, and we take it for granted.

We're also pretty damn good in baseball, not so hot in hoops although we knocked off North Carolina the other day (HAHA!)

15. OJSithLord

Dec 14, 1999
  16. OJSithLord

Dec 14, 1999
    rise forth

17. OJSithLord

Dec 14, 1999
    must reach 200 posts

18. ami-padme

Sep 19, 1999
    Yeah, let's get that ami-padme fund started right away! Sure, I'll use the money for school...right. There are schools in the Carribean...near the beach, where they serve pina coladas to every student...hmmm...

19. OJSithLord

Dec 14, 1999
    Have been to the Carribean (Purto Rico); nice, but pales in comparison to FSU football!

"open up your wallets and your hearts for Ami Padme ladies and gentlemen watching this telecast...help mend her broken soul by sending her to a school with a football team that opens up a can of whoop @$$ on its opponents..."

20. ami-padme

Sep 19, 1999
    No island school then? Okay, okay...

Well, I'm not really a mid-West girl, so I don't know if Nebraska or Michigan are for me...I do have some friends at Penn State (I'm sure they'll be happy to give generously to the fund), so that would probably be the best bet...unless you wouldn't mind me taking up space at FSU!

Didn't Charlie Ward play at FSU? I'm actually more of basketball fan than anything, so there's a connection!

21. ami-padme

Sep 19, 1999
    oops.

[This message has been edited by ami-padme (edited 01-26-2000).]

22. OJSithLord

Dec 14, 1999
    1.If you can hate UF and Miami,we'll welcome you.

2. Yes, Charlie Ward is an FSU alum; he was qb on our first national title team, played hoops here (he and Sam Cassell were a wicked backcourt combo), and still found time to be student body Vice - President. He does come back a couple of times a year; saw him at one of our games. I still think he would have been an excellent QB in the NFL...

23. ami-padme

Sep 19, 1999
    Yeah, he must really love basketball. He was a fairly low pick and he wasn't initially a starter. He has come into his own with the Knicks since then, but he's still splitting a good chunk of time with Chris Childs.

While we're on sports, who do you like for Sunday (hint: they play in Tennessee...)?

I resolve to start developing a Maul-like hatred for UF and Miami...

24. OJSithLord

Dec 14, 1999
    1. Ward basically told the NFL if they didn't pick him in the first round of the draft, don't bother; they didn't. I think it was the NFL's loss to be honest. On the other hand, Charlie is a perfect fit for the Knicks: a pure team player on a team which has its fair share of ball hogs.

2. I'm rooting for the Titans because Tampa Bay was screwed.

3."Your hate will make you powerful... now fulfill your destiny and take your place at
    the 'Nole's side".

25. ami-padme

Sep 19, 1999
    I didn't know that about the NFL draft. Didn't Ward win the Heisman? Why wouldn't he have been picked in the first round?

I love refs who manage to use the instant replay to screw up a call. Sort of like that college basketball game last week (with Texas A&M, I think). The "game-winning" shot was clearly after the buzzer; the guy looked at the tape for about twenty minutes and still made the wrong call. They're all still better than baseball umps, though.

It's mostly Ewing and Sprewell that are ball-hogs. Houston is the one who needs to get some more of that mentality; though if I were coach, I'd tell Sprewell to shoot all day when he's hot. He's one of the players that you can ride to a win when he's really on fire.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.