Before Fire and Ice: Hindsight....sequel to Fire and Ice...Lurker Appreciation Week has begun!!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Durhelediel, Jul 13, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Moderators: Briannakin, mavjade
  1. jeday Jedi Knight

star 2
    Oh no, Obi-Wan is on the edge of death! :eek: :_|
    Liked that Qui-Gon could bring him back. :)
  2. Kynstar Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Ohhh Fire and Ice: Trials... what's that one gonna be about? Sounds cooooool

Well do make sure you get all ya stuffles in order! ;) Fanfic rocks but RL is important too! ;)
  3. Durhelediel Jedi Knight

star 3
    jeday Of COURSE Qui-Gon brought him back. ;)

Kynstar - Yes, RL is important, but fanfic is so much more fun!! lol
    And Trials is about Qui-Gon mostly. He has some serious stuff to get through at the hands of the Council, but I won't say anymore than that. lol
  4. Kynstar Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Oh do tell when you do post it!! I'll def be interested in it! Anything with Qui [face_love] gets my attention ;)
  5. Rogue_JediKnight Jedi Master

star 3
    Layren - well this one's already finished. We finished it before she started working on these other ones. We try hard not to put things up unless it's done--the original Fire and Ice was one exception to that rule.

I can only imagine how difficult that can be at times, but what a great rule =D= :D

Durhelediel - so I'm cramming this in at night when I can't sleep. Tomorrow I go to the doc to see if I have a sleep disorder so hopefully I'll be able to sleep more after this, though that might mean fewer posts for a bit.

Yikes! I hope they are able to find out what's wrong so you can get some rest. Don't get me wrong now, I [face_love] the fics, but your health is definetly more important.

Rogue
  6. Durhelediel Jedi Knight

star 3
    Kynstar we'll definitely let ya'll know when it is posted. Trials is finished already, simply waiting to be worked on--and this one has to be majorly worked on. lol

Rogue - well, thank you. Should you wish it, I will tell you how it goes. lol Sleep is good, but doesn't come easily at all for me. But I am planning on doing a lot of finishing work this weekend should I not already be done with Hindsight and Adrift.
  7. PadawanEstel Force Ghost

star 1
    oooh, yeah... that's gonna hurt when he wakes up... I hope Qui-Gon gets there in time!
  8. Durhelediel Jedi Knight

star 3
    **edited for board rating requirement**

Chapter Five

Z'aherin stared at his captive as he floated in bacta. It was almost time for the boy to come out. He realized that the boy had nearly escaped him again, so he'd decided to heal him a bit. It was almost time for a bit more enjoyment, however.

He noted that the padawan's injuries were partially healed, and he eyed Obi-Wan critically. He barked an order and two of his servants rushed forward to get the apprentice out of the pink fluid.

The servants carefully lifted the limp young man out of the tank and carried him down the steps to the floor where Z'aherin waited. As they again strapped him to an upright table, he stirred slightly, though it was clear that in order for him to regain consciousness he would require added help.

Z'aherin shook his head. "Are you completely incompetent? My orders were to chain him standing."

The servants mutely obeyed. The boy's muscled arms soon hung from strong chains, his unconscious weight straining the muscles.

"Now get out of here!" Z'aherin barked at the servants, who quickly scurried off. He injected a stimulant into the padawan's arm to bring him around. "Time to wake up, Kenobi."

Obi-Wan snapped awake and, although he still couldn't see, he narrowed his eyes. "Still taking out your anger on me?" he said. Even though his voice was hoarse, it was also cold. "I thought by now you'd have found something better to do." His contact, however brief, with his master had made him bolder.

"This is merely for my amusement, Kenobi. I've been finished taking my anger out long ago. Even us criminals have our hobbies, you know," he said pleasantly.

"You need to get a new hobby," Obi-Wan shot back. Now that he knew his master was coming, he was determined to find a way out of this place. Without his sight, it would be hard, but he'd just have to rely on the Force more, that was all.

"New hobbies are so overrated, young apprentice." Z'aherin examined a long, thin rod with sharp points sticking out at various intervals, rather like an Alderaanian rose stem with no flower. He suddenly swung the rod viciously into the padawan's exposed back.

Obi-Wan cried out as the barbs bit into his flesh. He bit his lip to keep his cry from becoming a wail.

Z'aherin continued to rain blows steadily onto the padawan's back. He surveyed his handiwork, then put down the rod and walked over to his shelf to pick up a small bottle. He unscrewed the cap and sniffed experimentally. Perfect. Without further thought he poured the liquid down the padawan's back.

Obi-Wan screamed. He couldn't help it. The liquid was hot, it burned, it irritated the open wounds already there. His scream was long and drawn out. He only stopped when his voice totally gave out.

"Pitten got your tongue, young Obi-Wan?" Z'aherin said, grinning wickedly at how the apprentice had stopped screaming.

Obi-Wan hung from the chains, exhausted and spent. All he could manage was a weak glare.

Z'aherin put the bottle back on the shelf. He mustn't waste it, after all, on the first try. He was pleased the concoction he had invented had worked. "Well, have a bit of rest, Kenobi. Even terrorists have things to take care of once in awhile." He strode out of the room, whistling, leaving Obi-Wan semi-conscious in the empty room.

---------

Z'aherin eyed the apprentice, who was still hanging by his arms. He walked around, studying the many options before him. He picked up the small cylinder and adjusted the knob on the side so the two inch flame shot out. "Ah, rest time is over, I think, Kenobi."

Obi-Wan thought that he could sense his master somewhere nearby. Was he onplanet? The thought gave Obi-Wan more courage. He swam to full consciousness just in time to hear Z'aherin's words and let a smirk play on his lips. "Oh, but I was having fun hanging here by chains," he croaked out, his voice nearly gone. His arms were straining, the muscles over-stretched and tight, aching with his body weight.

"Well, I wasn't planning on taking your
  9. Kynstar Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Poor Obi!! Hang on! Master is a comin'! ;) Great work! Yippee! Qui is a coming to the rescue!! hehehe like I've said before: Beware the Master is in the house!
  10. JEDI-KNIGHTS_R_L Jedi Master

star 1
    I just read this story and i love the way you torment both Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan. I can fill their pain. Keep up the good work.
  11. Durhelediel Jedi Knight

star 3
    Kynstar - Is that like Dr. Dre is in the house? lmbo

Jedi-Knight- Welcome again! I see you've found us yet again. lol And we like to torment them too, haha!
  12. Rogue_JediKnight Jedi Master

star 3
    "You need to get a new hobby," Obi-Wan shot back. Now that he knew his master was coming, he was determined to find a way out of this place.

The first phrase that came to mind when I read this was "Great kid, now don't get cocky." :D

Though one would hope that by now Obi-Wan would know enough to not piss off the guy with the sharp, pokey objects :oops:

Rogue

PS: I hope the doctor gave you some good news.
  13. Durhelediel Jedi Knight

star 3
    Rogue- lmbooooooooooo. Yeah, well, perhaps that's a reason he vouches so much for Luke to Yoda: similiarities in personalities. lol

And the doc isn't quite sure what's going on. Thinks perhaps it's bipolarism since it runs in my family so she has me on some meds to see how I react. Fuuuuuunnnnnnn. lol I see her again when I come back from Boston. Thanks for asking!!
  14. PadawanEstel Force Ghost

star 1
    Yay! Qui's coming! Hurry up Qui-Gon! I love how they can sense each other's pain...so sweet...
  15. JEDI-KNIGHTS_R_L Jedi Master

star 1
  16. Durhelediel Jedi Knight

star 3
    Eep! I forgot to finish this before going to Boston! Sincerest apologies!! Now that I'm home again for a week with virtually nothing to do (well, after Monday that is) I'll get this thing all up and start on the others in this series as well.

Again, very sorry!!
  17. Rogue_JediKnight Jedi Master

star 3
    It appears that Congratulations are in order on your Knighting :D

Hope you get a chance to post the next part soon - looking forward to it.

Rogue

PS: Hope the new meds have helped you out.
  18. Durhelediel Jedi Knight

star 3
    Extreme apologies for this taking so long!!

**Edited to fit board requirements.**

Chapter Six
    Lana ran screaming from the frightening visage behind her. She didn't stop running until she had gotten to the gates of the compound. "Help me! Help me! Oh, help help help!" she said, sobbing as she saw men moving toward her. She glanced behind her at the approaching, distorted figure. Her screams became higher. "Hurry! Help me!"

Kyran growled deep in his throat and continued his own march steadily after his wif,e although he was inwardly trying very hard not to laugh at how easily the guard was taken in by her sobbing.

The guard stood, dumbstruck and staring, not knowing what to do with a sobbing, terrified woman. "Uh, is there anything I can do to help?"

"Help me!" She screamed right in his face, her tone sounding as if it were the most obvious thing in the world. She pointed behind her shoulder. "He's after me, he is! Won't leave me alone! You've got to help me!" She threw herself on the guard and attached herself so tightly to him that he couldn't reach for his gun.

The guard stood, stammering. "Uh...ma'am, if you'll just let go of me for a moment, I'll open the door so you can have a safer place to hide...you'll be safe over the side of the fence."

Lana nodded frantically. She let go of the guard and wrung her hands, keeping a worried expression on her face as she checked Kyran's progress toward her. She had timed her little franticness to catch the compound right before the guard's reinforcement would come to assist him on duty. They had to get inside to see if Qui-Gon had made it in yet and, if not, help him to find Obi-Wan. "Hurry! Hurry!" she shrieked as Kyran was only a few steps from her.

The guard quickly punched in the code and ushered her inside. "You'll be safe in there."

"Oh, thank you!" Lana said, then clubbed him over the head with the butt of her lightsaber. He sank to her feet, out cold, as Kyran drew up beside her.

She smiled up at him. "Hello, you big, scary man," she joked as she closed the gate behind him.

"Now, that's not a nice thing to say to your husband." He grinned.

Lana gave him a suggestive look. "Maybe by most women..." She trailed off and winked. Suddenly, a loud scream echoed across the courtyard that they were in. It was filled with prolonged anguish and suffering. She whipped her head toward the sound and noticed a partially opened window on the second floor. "Obi-Wan," she said at once.

Kyran nodded, his expression tight. He and Lana ran into the compound, bypassing startled guards, and headed rapidly down the end of the corridor he found himself in. He wondered if Qui-Gon had heard Obi-Wan's scream, though he was certain his friend had. He turned a corner and nearly ran headlong into his friend who was coming from the other direction.

"Obi-Wan," all three of them chorused.

"Second floor," Lana informed Qui-Gon, then found herself having to sprint to keep up with Qui-Gon as he flew up a set of stairs to the second floor.

Qui-Gon took the steps three at a time. It was easy with his long legs. Obi-Wan needed him. A powerful burst of the Force took care of the few guards standing in place at the front of the door and his lightsaber took care of the lock. He burst through the door?and his heart nearly stopped at the sight of his padawan hanging limply. The smell of burned flesh filled the air.

Lana gasped at the sight of the unconscious Obi-Wan. Anger surged in her and she scanned the room, though did not see a single person other than a dead body in the corner. "Where is the one responsible?" she whispered, suppressed rage in her voice.

Qui-Gon shook his head. "That doesn't matter." He quickly strode over to his padawan and very gently used the lightsaber to cut him out of his chains. "Obi-Wan?" he murmured gently. "He needs medical attention immediately," Qui-Gon said in a louder voice.

"Well, take him then," came a cold voice from a high window above them. A silhouette of a man stood there. "He has no more use
  19. Layren Force Ghost

star 5
    Whooo look! *points* It's my beta! She did update after all didn't she? I guess that means she earns her keep for this time ;)

20. Durhelediel Jedi Knight

star 3
    Chapter Seven
    Healer apprentice Anya sighed as she surveyed the young man floating in the bacta tank. This was going to test all of her healing abilities to get Obi-Wan's eyesight back. If she was honest with herself, she would have to admit that she really didn't think that he'd get his sight back, the damage was just too much. Footsteps sounded behind her, intruding into her thoughts, and she composed her face to reveal nothing as she turned around.

Qui-Gon stared at his apprentice floating in the tank and sighed. "How is he?" he asked Anya.

She cleared her throat and gestured to a small, sound-proof room. "I think we should go discuss Obi-Wan's condition in here," she tried to say tactfully.

Qui-Gon frowned a little but nodded and followed her silently into the room. He folded his arms across his chest and stared at her. "What's his condition?"

"Well..." she hesitated. "He's blind. And that is the one thing that I do not know if I can heal. Other than that, his other numerous wounds will take time; I'm guessing two weeks."

Qui-Gon winced. "Blind?" he echoed in dismay, shaking his head sadly. His padawan hated the Healers wing and he knew Obi-Wan would not be pleased to stay here for two weeks. He knew Obi-Wan could be a Jedi even without his eyesight?but...what if he could never again see the sun? Or see a rainbow on a rainy day?

Anya nodded somberly. "Blind. But there is one thing I can try...It's risky though..."

Qui-Gon toyed with his beard. "Yes? It's probably not as much of a risk as being blind all his life," he said with a deep sigh.

She hesitated again. "Probably more so. It involves this." She held up a small, cylindrical object that had a light at the end of it. "It's called a laser beam and it's similar to your lightsaber, but this is supposed to be able to fix things in the body. No one here has used it before. If my hand shakes...or if I lose concentration..." she trailed off.

He frowned a little. "Perhaps Han'yaie could assist in you keeping your concentration?" He winced as his throat began bothering him again.

She glanced away. "Master Han'yaie....he does not want me to do this. It is entirely your decision. I would ask Obi-Wan, but he hasn't regained consciousness and I need to do this as quickly as possible."

Qui-Gon toyed with his beard for several long minutes before finally replying, "Do it. If it is the will of the Force that he be healed, then he will be."

Anya nodded once and gestured for him to precede her out of the door. "I need to get him out of the tanks right away then..." she had started to say, when she stopped. Her Jedi Master, Han'yaie, was standing there, his arms folded. "Hello, Master Han'yaie," she said weakly. Did she dare risk her master's wrath to possibly save a fellow Jedi's eyesight?

Qui-Gon stepped smoothly between them. "I asked her to help heal Obi-Wan's eyesight. If the Force wills it, she can heal him. If not?then we must follow the will of the Force," he said before Han'yaie could even open his mouth.

Han'yaie did not look pleased, but he was a sensible man and so thought about Qui-Gon's words...and his padawan's actions. She never acted rashly, always moving with the Force in her healing. Could this be done?

He had no idea.

"Then I will do it," he decided abruptly. "Anya can assist me." He turned and barked orders at two other healers. "Get Obi-Wan prepped for surgery immediately! We need to do this now."

They promptly obeyed. He turned back to Qui-Gon. "I need you, Qui-Gon, to stay near us. You will be the one to help us from Obi-Wan's point of view."

Qui-Gon nodded and headed after Han'yaie. "I will be happy to assist however I can."

Soon Obi-Wan was laying, drugged, on an operating table. The Healers didn't give him much anesthesa since he had still not gained consciousness, but they wanted to make sure that he didn't decide to come awake as they were pointing a laserbeam into his eyes. He might startle and his eyes might become permanently damaged?should they not already be so.
  21. jeday Jedi Knight

star 2
  22. Rogue_JediKnight Jedi Master

star 3
    Another great finish replete with a grumbling Padawan - that's usually a good thing :D :p

Looking forward to the next story in the series.

Rogue
  23. Kynstar Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Yippee! He's rescued! And they were able to fix his sight! Yay!! *Snrk* yep... same old Obi not wanting to be put in the bacta tank! ;)

But the dude got away... uh oh.. they'll have to track him down for sure!!

Great work! :D
  24. Durhelediel Jedi Knight

star 3
    jeday- glad to see you liked it. lol

Rogue- of course he grumbles...he's Qui-Gon's padawan, is he not? heehee

Kynstar- hm...track down...perhaps. Perhaps not. Life has a way of ... delaying things until you can delay them no longer.

And that's all I'm gonna say. lol

Trials will be up shortly. It's got a lot of work to be done to it.
  25. JEDI-KNIGHTS_R_L Jedi Master

star 1
    Ya you finished it. I realy enjoyed this story and I'm glade that Obi got his sight back.

Am looking forward to Trial

Moderators: Briannakin, mavjade
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.