main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends Fire and Ice: Restorations.....Lurker Appreciation Week has begun!!!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Durhelediel, Sep 8, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Durhelediel

Durhelediel Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 5, 2004
    Fire and Ice: Restorations (final/sixth in series)
    Authors: Durhelediel and Layren
    Rating: PG
    Disclaimer: Of course all noticeable characters from Star Wars belong to George Lucas and not us. Please ask before using our OCs. Thanks!
    Summary: Qui-Gon now blinded and Obi-Wan fighting with inner demons, Z'aherien takes advantage of their distraction and captures Qui-Gon to lure Obi-Wan to him. When Obi-Wan refuses to rescue his master, what will Z'aherien do to Qui-Gon in retaliation?

Chapter One

"Honored Masters, I respectfully request that you re-exam your decision to take Master Qui-Gon off of the rotation for missions," Obi-Wan Kenobi began. He was alone in the Jedi Council room, surrounded by twelve wiser, older Jedi. Did he really think that he could make his case good enough to change their minds?

There is no doubt, there is the Force, he told himself firmly. "Master Qui-Gon does not know that I am here, and he would probably tell me not to seek a reverse decision on his behalf, but I must say that in this month since he lost his eyesight that I see him wasting away in spirit. I believe that if he stays at the Temple much longer then he will cease to be the person that we know."

Mace Windu leaned back in his chair and sighed. "Obi-Wan, as much as we wish to grant your request because we know how much happier he would be were he out of the Temple, we must decline. There are ways he can be useful other than going on missions. If he can't see, how would he be able to survive in the middle of a war zone or read treaty negotiations?"

Obi-Wan felt despair, though not surprise. He had expected this, though not so soon in his plea. He spread his hands wide in a defenseless gesture. "Are the Jedi not always telling initiates and padawans that the Force is all we need? That should we not have all of our senses the Force will provide? Is that all a lie? Qui-Gon is the most connected Jedi to the Living Force that I know. All I'm asking is a chance for him to prove that he can survive in the very situations in which you describe."

Mace glanced at Yoda and shook his head sadly. "I am sorry, Obi-Wan, but until he becomes more adjusted and accepting of his condition then I'm afraid Qui-Gon will have to remain here in the Temple. That is our final decision."

Obi-Wan pressed his lips into a thin line to keep himself from telling the Council exactly what he thought of them for doing this to his master. Without a word, he bowed and then stormed out of the Council.

Yoda watched him go sadly. "Becoming like Qui-Gon he is," the old Master said. "Courage it took to come here alone. Upset he is at our decision."

Mace pressed his fingers together. "I'm not happy about the decision either, knowing how Qui-Gon feels about it," he admitted. "However, I do agree that it is the best way to keep him safe until he adjusts."

"Qui-Gon has never been one to 'play it safe'," Master Ki-Adi Mundi pointed out mildly. "I think we should discuss this subject more and take into account the master we are speaking of in more detail."

"True, he hasn't," Mace admitted. "But you must admit that he'd have trouble reading peace treaties or even signing them if he can't see what he's doing."

"Is that not what Obi-Wan is there for? To assist his master?" Master Piell pointed out.

"Well, yes." Mace sighed. "I suppose further discussion is needed on the matter. We should talk to Qui-Gon in a few days and see how he is doing with adjusting."

---------

Obi-Wan hesitated in the doorway of the meditation chamber. He did not want to disturb his master, yet he had finished his studies and had nothing else to do at the moment. Should he go, or stay?

"Obi-Wan?" Qui-Gon murmured, having sensed his student's presence and his hesitation. He opened his eyes and stretched. "Please come join me. I would welcome the company."

Obi-Wan smiled and entered the room, staying on the edges of the padded floor to keep from denting it with his boots. When he reached his master near the center, he got on his kn

2. Kynstar

Kynstar Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 2, 2004
    How sweet! Obi went to the Council on Qui's behalf. Ahhhh touching :D Dedicated and loving Paddy!
    Hehehe Obi was smart ;) Let him do all he can, we all know how much Tahl used to bicker with Qui about his offering to help her all the time hehehehe

Oh no! The kidnapping is commencing! Scarry thing that's getting him! Creepy!

Great work!! :D :D

3. jeday

jeday Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 4, 2004
    Oh nooo, captured again! Poor Qui-Gon. :_| :D
    And Obi-Wan! Why didn't he show up? [face-confused]

4. Arwen-Jade_Kenobi

Arwen-Jade_Kenobi Jedi Knight star 5

Feb 9, 2002
    Yay for Obi going to council! And now Qui's gone again, no!!

What's Obi gonna do? What makes him not rescue him???

More!!

5. Rogue_JediKnight

Rogue_JediKnight Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 19, 2002
    Obi-Wan's definitely coming into his own in going before the Council on his Master's behalf and shame on the Council for needing a Padawan to bring some obvious points to their attention.

And EEK! Another attack right in the temple - poor Qui :(

But where is Obi-Wan? Has he too been the victim of some nefarious plot? And what of this mysterious moving mug?

Only time will tell - and the next post of course ;) :)

Rogue

PS: Please excuse the Sudafed induced loopiness 8-} (I don't think that's a real word - oh well)

6. Durhelediel

Mar 5, 2004
    Kynstar- Yes, Obi is very attached to his dear master and resolved to try to help. Too bad it didn't seem to work. And Drefels are nasty critters. I remember them from ... I think it was the Thrawn trilogy that you first see one and Luke deals with it. They've always given me the creeps.

jeday- poor Obi's having problems. lol

Arwen- You'll have to wait and see. ;)

Rogue- oh dear! I hope you get feeling better soon!!

7. Durhelediel

Mar 5, 2004
    Chapter Two

Obi-Wan jerked, hearing his master's call. //Master?// he sent back, almost immediately, his datapad dropping to the floor, forgotten. He sensed danger, but could not place exactly where. The Force shifted and he almost lost his grip on it, but with greater concentration he was able to focus it again.

When he received no answer, Obi-Wan did not waste any time. He promptly sprinted to the turbolift and keyed in the next flight up. When the doors opened, he raced to the suite that held his master's best friend, Kyran Josel, and his wife, Lana. He did not knock, but strode right in...to catch sight of Lana in nothing but a towel?and that was on her head, wrapped around her long black hair. "Oh! I'm s?so sorry!" he stammered as he dropped his eyes to the floor.

Lana smirked and casually walked toward her bedroom. "Kyran, Obi-Wan's here. I think it might be an emergency since he didn't knock," she called as she closed the door.

Kyran shook his head as he headed out to see the padawan standing in the middle of his living room. He paused at the look on the padawan's face. "Obi-Wan? What's the matter?"

Obi-Wan still didn't look up, afraid that he'd see Lana naked again. His face seemed very hot, though he was also aware of the danger in the back of his mind growing. "Something's wrong. Don't you feel it?" He was frustrated with himself that he could not specify anything more than that.

Kyran frowned a little. "I did sense something, but I wasn't sure what it was. It was just a flicker."

"Master Qui-Gon called out to me and when I responded, he wasn't there," Obi-Wan explained. "I feel danger, and it's growing. Something is happening, but I can't..." he paused, frustrated. "I thought that I should come and get you before going after him."

Lana sauntered back in, dressed in her favorite black, skin-tight outfit, drying her hair in the towel that had been wrapped around it. "Wise thing to do," she remarked, glancing at Kyran as if to ask 'Well, what are you going to do?'

Obi-Wan chewed his lip. "Master Qui-Gon said he was going to meditate in the gardens after his work out and he invited me to join him. I got wrapped up in my essays and lost track of time. He still hasn't come home. I think we should check there first."

Kyran and Lana glanced at each other again. Lana grabbed her lightsaber and blaster from off of the couch where she must have tossed them before her shower.

"Let's go," Kyran said when he saw that his wife was ready. The three headed out of the door at a run, Lana still trying to braid her flying hair.

Obi-Wan led the way, heading for the gardens at a dead run, the Josels right behind him. Once there he skidded to a stop, nearly smashing into a tree in the gardens. He did not sense his Master anywhere nearby. "Master?" he called to the foliage. He bit his lower lip when there was no reply. Cautiously, he edged forward, then hissed in surprise and dismay at what he saw. There, on the floor in the gardens in front of him, was Qui-Gon's lightsaber and comlink.

Which meant the Jedi master was no longer there. He would never take his lightsaber off and leave it somewhere where anyone could snatch it up.

Obi-Wan picked up the saber and comlink and handed both to Kyran as he came up behind him. "I found these."

Kyran examined the saber and comlink as his wife scouted around the area, peering into bushes and any other foliage. "Well, neither are damaged, but plainly they were meant to be found." He sighed. "This is not a good sign."

Lana had paused her searching near a dense cluster of trees. "Hey, I think I found something..."

Obi-Wan hurried over to Lana. "What did you find?"

Lana pointed to a spot that seemed to be no different from the grass around it. "See that?" When it was evident that neither of them could see what it was that she had discovered, she rolled her eyes. "Really. You Jedi need to have more fringe friends. The indentions there and there?Only one being could stand in that exact position for the amount of time it to

8. Obi_Kenobi_Devotee

Obi_Kenobi_Devotee Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 4, 2004
    Oh, I just love this series! I can't wait for the next update. It left we wanting more. As per usual. Obi and Qui don't have it very easy do they? lol

9. Kynstar

Mar 2, 2004
    Great post! :) hehehe figured Lana would come to the conclusion as to what took Qui

hehehe :D Can't wait for more! :)

10. Durhelediel

Mar 5, 2004
    Welcome ObiDevotee! Heehee, pulled you out of lurking, did we? Or just a new reader to our little series? Either way, welcome to the nut house (and check Darkness Forever page 4...I could use some help on defending Obi lol).

Kynstar- Of course! heehee "You Jedi need more fringe friends." Don't you just love her?

11. Layren

Layren Jedi Master star 5

Oct 28, 2003
    Well it's the final installment yay! I've been lurking while my co-author has been replying to our readers. I've been sick for awhile and not up to par and busy job hunting too, but I am finally feeling up to posting like I should :p ! So here goes! :)

Kynstar Yes poor Obi-Wan having to live with blind and grumpy Qui-Gon :p I don't imagine Qui-Gon was very easy to live with the first week or so of his blindness hehee..

Jeday Yes poor Qui. It's only been one chapter and he is in trouble already :p That man just doesn't know how to stay out of trouble does he? hehehehe

Arwen Poor Obi-Wan you must understand has been killed and brought back from the dead by his Master and the Force. He's got his own inner demons to battle with. I'm sure he'll need therapy for years after this incident :p makes you wonder how the Temple pays for all of his medical expenses :p

Rogue I'm glad you picked up on the moving mug! I wondered if anybody would catch that. :D
    I hope you feel better soon! I've been sick for ages and I know it sucks. [:D]

ObiDevotee Like my co-author said, welcome to the loony bin! I hope you have fun reading and enjoy yourself :)

Kynstar Of COURSE Lana would be the one -- she's got knowledge of how things work in the underground that Jedi are clueless about at times :p

12. Rogue_JediKnight

Mar 19, 2002
    Oh this Drefel sounds like a nasty thing ::shudders::

And damn right somebody better get on this and now too :D

Need more soon!
    Rogue

PS: Feeling better today, but perennial allergies suck :(

PPS: Sorry to hear you've been sick too Layren :[:D]:

13. jeday

jeday Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 4, 2004
    Lana in nothing but a towel- and that was on her head! [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

I bet they won't be pleased with that development either.
    Well, that's the understatement of the year! :D

Does Obi-Wan now help to rescue Qui-Gon? Still::confused:

14. Durhelediel

Mar 5, 2004
    Nice to see my co-author finally woke up. lol We should start calling her Rip Van Wrinkle. ;)

Rogue- Yep, nasty little buggers.

jeday- haha, poor Obi got flashed by Lana. Poor boy...or some guys would say "lucky" boy. lol

ACCCCCCCCCKKKKKKKK!! I made the Callbacks for the play we have at my college every fall. This year it's Pride and Prejudice. I'm sooooooooo nervous!!!!!!!

15. PadawanEstel

PadawanEstel Jedi Master star 1

Jan 23, 2004
    Wow... it just gets better and better...
    and the end is drawing near... *sniff*

Good luck in your play! I hope you make it!

16. Durhelediel

Mar 5, 2004
    Estel- Yes, it's nearing the end...but what an end we plan!! Hopefully no one will be disappointed. :}

Thank you!! I'm so nervous.... ::watches the clock::

17. Durhelediel

Mar 5, 2004
    Chapter Three

Qui-Gon groaned as he came to several hours later. His head was throbbing and he felt as if he'd been tossed down several flights of stairs behind the back of an out of control speeder. He slowly pushed himself up into a sitting position and wondered where in the Force he was. The hum of a ship's engine's alerted him to the fact that wherever he was he wasn't on Coruscant anymore. He began feeling his way along the wall, trying to figure out exactly where he was. He stubbed his toe on a piece of equipment close to him that he hadn't sensed and winced in pain. //Obi-Wan?//

Immediately, his apprentice answered. //I'm here, Master. Where are you? Are you hurt? Has the Drefel done anything to you?//

//No, not yet. I'm fine. I'm on a ship. I was injected with some drug in the gardens, immobilized, and knocked out. I woke up just a few minutes ago.//

//Lana, Kyran and I are trying to figure out who hates you enough to kidnap you, yet is rich enough to hire a wraith. Got any ideas?// Obi-Wan's mental voice came back dryly.

//Not so far.// He sighed. //I doubt it's Xanatos. He doesn't have the resources right now.//

When he next heard Obi-Wan, his padawan seemed hesitant. //Are you sure it's not Xanatos? He's fooled...us...before.//

//Xanatos, from what I managed to piece together, was reduced to torturing me for credits. I doubt that he made enough from that to get to me again so soon,// Qui-Gon replied.

He could feel Obi-Wan's shock through their bond. He had not told Obi-Wan before now the reason Xanatos had captured him. His padawan had just assumed it was for the regular reason of revenge and he had let him have his assumptions.

//Well,// Obi-Wan finally said. //That rules one more out.//

//Of a list of about a thousand or so,// Qui-Gon said with a hint of amusement in his tone.

Obi-Wan responded in kind. //Lana's got it narrowed to only four thousand, Master. It shouldn't take too long to find you now.//

//Oh, just four thousand? // Qui-Gon teased. // You're right; that won't take long. I expect you to be here within a standard day then.//

//Right on time, as usual,// Obi-Wan teased back, though a note of soberness was on the edge of his mental tone.

//As usual,// Qui-Gon said as he tried to keep his worry hidden from his apprentice. He was blind and he had no idea where in the galaxy he was, or who wanted him.

//We'll find you, Master,// Obi-Wan told him with the utmost conviction in his tone. //Lana has a backup plan, though she hasn't told us yet what it is. You know she's the best. We'll find you soon. But now I have to go; I'm needed. I'm here if you need me, Master.//

//Be safe, my padawan,// Qui-Gon cautioned. //May the Force be with you.//

//And with you, Master.//

And then Obi-Wan was gone, leaving Qui-Gon alone on a ship with a cold-blooded being. A Drefel.

Qui-Gon sighed. He figured he'd best try and find a way out, though he knew that since he couldn't see he wouldn't have much of a chance of success.

There was the sound of a door opening and closing, the buzz of a lock, then silence.

Qui-Gon tensed when he heard the door open and then lock. He frowned, wondering what had just happened. Obviously his captor had visited just then, but why did he just open the door and leave?

He began feeling his way along the floor and wall, hoping to come to the answer to his question.

A sudden scraping sound came from across the room, as if something were being slid to him on the floor. Something bumped against his leg and the noise stopped.

His fumbling hands encountered a plate of food. A piece of bread, some ship's rations and a glass of water. He hungrily ate, knowing that he might not get another chance soon since he was at the mercy of his captors, whomever they happened to be.

He had finished eating when he heard the sound of breathing coming from a corner of the room. He sensed an alien presence that was hard to detect but there. So?his captor hadn't come into the room and then left; he had staye

18. Arwen-Jade_Kenobi

Arwen-Jade_Kenobi Jedi Knight star 5

Feb 9, 2002
    Great update, the rescue plan is at least taking shape. She's going back to the fringe [face_shocked] I hope not for long! More soon!

19. JEDI-KNIGHTS_R_L

JEDI-KNIGHTS_R_L Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 21, 2004
    Durhelediel, i am glade that you got home safley.

I just caught up on every things and i am enjoying it very much. I am happy to see that obi-wan is coming in to his own. But Obi-Wan not going to save someone? that is just not in his charicter. anyway I cant wait for the next post.

20. Kynstar

Mar 2, 2004
    Poor Qui... not able to get the info from the thing. Guess he'll find out soon enough.

Hehehe Lana and Kyran mush!! Whoopee! ;) Poor Kyran... he doesn't want her to do it, but he knows it needs to be done. Love how she felt a little vulnerable there. :D Great work!!!

Can't wait for more!

21. Obi_Kenobi_Devotee

Jul 4, 2004
    Lurking...Great twist by the way. At least we know Qui is okay...for the time being. Never stays that way though. Not for long at least. hehehe.

22. Rogue_JediKnight

Mar 19, 2002
    ACCCCCCCCCKKKKKKKK!! I made the Callbacks for the play we have at my college every fall. This year it's Pride and Prejudice. I'm sooooooooo nervous!!!!!!!

That's too cool :cool: I hope it works out!

Again, poor Qui and poor Obi - they just can't seem to ever catch a break [face_mischief]

And Kyran and Lana mush - aww, how sweet [face_love]

but what an end we plan
    :eek: I'm almost scared to think about what you two have up your sleeve.

Definitely waiting for more,
    Rogue

23. Durhelediel

Mar 5, 2004
    ::screeches:: I MADE IT!!!!!!! I MADE IT!!!!!!! omg!! I am Mrs. Philips! :}

And I might have a boyfriend as well. We flirted shamelessly for two hours after the callbacks were finished as we waited on the cast list to be posted. When we saw that we both made it, he picked me up and twirled me around! It was too cool! Oh, and while we were talking (He's a SW fan), he mentioned that if he could find a woman who liked SW and Phantom of the Opera he would marry her on the spot. I started laughing really hard and told him that I'm a SW fan and that I LOVE PtO. He got down on one knee and asked me to marry him in the middle of the student center!!! It was soooooo funny!! The group we were with was busting out laughing!

::is on cloud nine and has no intentions of coming down::

24. Kynstar

Mar 2, 2004
    Congrads! ;) especially if he does ask ya to date him ;) hehehehe lucky you! :p

25. Obi_Kenobi_Devotee

Jul 4, 2004
    Oooh! Congratulations! I love P&P. Great book/movie/play... lol that?s hilarious. Sounds like a great callback. hehe. Can't blame you for being on cloud nine. Again, congrats!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.