main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends Fire and Ice: Restorations.....Lurker Appreciation Week has begun!!!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Durhelediel, Sep 8, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jeday

jeday Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 4, 2004
    Poor Lana! :_|
    And what is Obi-Wan up to? [face_thinking]

2. Rogue_JediKnight

Rogue_JediKnight Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 19, 2002
    Ack! Poor Qui-Gon.
    "Let's just have a friendly little chat over dinner while I plot how to kill your apprentice, oh, and by the way your bait."

Yeah right :rolleyes: like Qui's just going to sit around and let that happen.

Hope that Lana comes out of this one all right for everyone's sake.

Oh and Kyran, you might want to start your search in the hangar bay ;)

More when you can,
    Rogue

3. Durhelediel

Durhelediel Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 5, 2004
    Kynstar- But Obi... uh oh... is he rushing to find that guy?? I don't think that's quite what Obi has in mind...

jeday- You'll have to see. ;)

Rogue- Oh and Kyran, you might want to start your search in the hangar bay Nah. Drefel don't leave clues like that. Lana only knew what to look for because of a past experience (which I'm thinking of writing up but am not sure). She's spunky, our Lana...

4. Rogue_JediKnight

Mar 19, 2002
    Oops! [face_blush] That should have read: Start your search for Obi-Wan in the hangar bay - but after reading your reply to Kynstar I guess that's not where he's going anyway.

Rogue

5. Durhelediel

Mar 5, 2004
    Yeah, poor Obi has some psychological problems because of all Z'aherien did to him previously. But that's all I'll say for now. lol

6. Rogue_JediKnight

Mar 19, 2002
    He's not hiding in the closet is he? Poor guy [face_worried]

7. Arwen-Jade_Kenobi

Arwen-Jade_Kenobi Jedi Knight star 5

Feb 9, 2002
    Oh boy, bad feelings still going like mad. I'd be surprised if Obi wasn't completly okay after all that.

More soon!!

8. Durhelediel

Mar 5, 2004
    Rogue- I sure hope he's not hiding in the closet! What a waste of a fine specimen if he is!! lol

Arwen- your radar going off? lol

9. jeday

Jan 4, 2004
    Perhaps Obi-Wan seeks guide from master Joda?
    Nahh, not likley. Of course he will do something very foolish. [face_mischief] :D

10. Durhelediel

Mar 5, 2004
    Not quite yet, jeday. Or at least, not right then. But the fic isn't over yet. lol

Well, I'm supposed to be studying for tests tomorrow but I got so mad at misplaced and mysteriously missing parts of this next chapter that I couldn't rest until I got it done and found what was lost. So here it is. lol And now I'll go study...

11. Durhelediel

Mar 5, 2004
    Chapter Seven

Lana floated in the bacta tank, seeming as if nothing were wrong with her except for the fact that she was unconscious and floating in pink fluid. Obi-Wan glanced at Kyran, feeling the older Jedi's distress. "What happened?" he asked quietly. He and Kyran had just arrived in the Healer's after Obi-Wan had taken a long, preoccupied walk in the Room of a Thousand Fountains. Kyran had found him quickly and dragged him to his least favorite place in the Temple.

Kyran now shook his head and made an indistinct noise in the back of his throat. "She was badly hurt. I'm not sure exactly of the full details."

Obi-Wan cut him a look, but did not openly question him.

Han'yaie hurried over. "Kyran! Obi-Wan! Good to see you here so promptly. I need to discuss a few things with you. Come over here please." They were led to an empty room. Han'yaie crossed his arms. "Someone fill me in on what's going on. Now."

Kyran and Obi-Wan glanced at each other. Kyran placed a hand on the padawan's shoulder for support. "Han'yaie, Lana discovered that Qui-Gon has been kidnapped by Z'aherien."

Han'yaie glanced at Obi-Wan, aware through Anya what he was going through. "And what was she doing in a dangerous situation like she was...with no backup or help?"

Kyran stood rooted to the spot, mentally cursing himself for letting her go alone. "If one of us had gone with her it would have crushed her plan. She wanted to do this alone. I think she felt she had to face her past," he said with a deep sigh.

"Well, she faced it and it nearly killed her," Han'yaie said bluntly. "She'll live, but I worry about the emotional scars more than the physical ones. She might have to see the Soul Healers. And...be prepared for her to have days when she doesn't want you to even touch her in a quick greeting. She's been through a lot and will have a lot to deal with as she's recovering. I hope..." An alarm went off somewhere, interrupting him.

"Master!" Anya called from the top of Lana's bacta tank. "I need your help up here!"

Han'yaie immediately dashed to the tank and up the stairs.

Kyran swore at Anya's call and dashed out the door, hot on the Healer's heels. "What's going on?" he demanded as the alarm was shut off. //Lana?/// he sent through the bond they had developed as husband and wife. All he felt were dark swirls and a turmoil touched with fear that came from Lana. No words, none of her sparkling personality, just this nameless dread and unending terror.

Han'yaie glanced at the monitors, then at Lana, who was now trashing in the tank, fighting something that none of them could see. Quietly, he said, "A powerful image. Not a nightmare...but a recent memory. If she doesn't calm herself, she'll have a more difficult time healing." He glanced at Kyran. "Perhaps this will take a husband's touch."

Kyran nodded and sat next to the bacta tank beside Lana. //Lana,// he sent again with a powerful, yet gentle touch. //Wake up, my love. You're home and you're safe. I need you to be calm. You're scaring poor Obi-Wan and the Healers to death.//

Lana was trapped with Tho and his swoop gang again. She knew that this time there was no rescue from Kyran...

//Lana, my love...//

Wait...that was Kyran's voice. Was he here? Could he save her, spare her from this, from what she knew was to come? In desperation, she reached out for him. //Kyran!!//

//Lana. I'm here, my sweet. I need you,// he said through their link. //I love you and I want to help you.//

Tho and his goons closed around her. //Kyran!// she screamed in her mind, unable to shake the memory. //Kyran, save me!// Her arms reached for him as she sobbed in her mind.

Kyran put his arms on the bacta tank as if to hug it. //Sh, I'm right here. I've got you, my love. You're safe. Sh...// he said, trying to calm her through their link and projecting the Force into his efforts.

Suddenly Tho and the six other men from the gang disappeared and she opened her eyes. Pink surrounded her. Oh, great, I'm in a bacta tank again, she thoug

12. Kynstar

Kynstar Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 2, 2004
    Poor Lana! At least she now knows she's back in the Temple and with Kyran again! :D

Uh oh... Obi doesn't want to face the guy again. I can understand though...poor kid...

Let's juz hope Kyran can.

Great work!!

13. Arwen-Jade_Kenobi

Arwen-Jade_Kenobi Jedi Knight star 5

Feb 9, 2002
    Obi not getting Qui! *tries to be angry but fails* I can see why he wouldn't. Oh I hope Qui can get himself out...or Kyran gets him..or Obi does...

MORE!

14. Durhelediel

Mar 5, 2004
    Kynstar- poor Kyran's got his hands full lately. lol He doesn't have a padawan, but he's beginning to feel like he does, heehee.

Arwen- Yes, Obi's got some demons to work through. Poor Qui, though. What will he go through while Obi sorts out his life?

Well, of course I know... lol

15. jeday

Jan 4, 2004
    I understand Obi-Wan. To go into this evil trap will help no one. And he is much to angry at the moment to act like a Jedi. :( But if he is not able to help his master he'll never forgive himself. :_|

16. dianethx

dianethx Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 1, 2002
    Poor Lana. She really needs both physical and mental help for the things she was put through. And Obi-Wan refusing to rescue Qui-Gon. Not what I would expect from him but actually it makes sense - headlong rushing to rescue Qui-Gon will only get them both killed.

17. Durhelediel

Mar 5, 2004
    jeday- well, the anger bit doesn't really go away, which can cause problems...

Diane- hm, your reasons do make sense, but something tells me that the reason Obi doesn't go after Qui is a tad more selfish and confused than that.

18. Durhelediel

Mar 5, 2004
    Chapter Eight

Z'aherien stared at the comm in silence for a few minutes, his expression disbelieving. Did Obi-Wan actually refuse to come help his master? Or was the boy bluffing? He thought back over the expression on Obi-Wan's face and the tone of his voice. No, he decided, Obi-Wan wasn't bluffing. In a sudden fit of rage, he tore the comm unit from the wall and threw it as far as he could, ignoring the sparks that shot out at him as he did so. His angry yell echoed in the room. His servants scattered, though Qui-Gon merely stood quietly, hands folded across his chest. Z'aherien pointed a finger at him, though he knew the Jedi couldn't see. "This is your fault, Jinn!"

Qui-Gon smirked a little, amused. "I find it interesting that, despite the fact that I can't see and haven't lifted a finger against you, you lose total control over my just standing here. Am I that bad looking?"

Z'aherien ignored his jib. "Your padawan refuses to come!" he raged. "It's your fault, I know it is! All my information says that he will risk his life for you, but here he is, refusing to come. What have you done to him to change him?"

"Nothing," Qui-Gon answered quietly, sobering. "You did that yourself, Z'aherien, when you killed him. You should have thought further ahead."

Z'aherien scowled. "I thought ahead, Jedi. But how was I supposed to foresee him coming back to life? My plan was perfect, and worked for a time. Now I just need to find another just as perfect, just as certain to draw him in." He gazed at Qui-Gon for a moment. He knew that Obi-Wan would not come if Qui-Gon was not in immediate danger, but would he not come if he knew that his master was about to die? He had promised him seventy-two hours, but since Obi-Wan refused to even consider coming at all, he did not have to abide by it. A smile slowly spread on his face. He had the plan; now he had to do it.

"My Obi-Wan is very resourceful and not easily killed," Qui-Gon said with a note of pride in his voice. He felt the change in Z'aherien and knew that the other man didn't plan on abiding by the seventy-two hour time table that he had promised earlier.

Z'aherien motioned to one of his servants who had been poking her head around the corner. Quickly, he showed her what he wanted and she left to fetch it. To Qui-Gon, he said, "He may refuse now, but once he discovers that you are sick he will come running."

Qui-Gon frowned and took a step back. He found himself against a wall and he cursed mentally. "Sick? But I feel fine."

Z'aherien chuckled. "For now you do. After placing a parasite in your padawan's food, do you really think that you are truly safe here?" His girl servant rushed back in with a syringe. "To hold off the sickness, I will inject you with a mild version of the antidote. After all, it's not you I want dead, now is it?" He leaned over Qui-Gon and stuck the syringe in his arm.

Qui-Gon winced as Z'aherien roughly injected him. "What are you talking about? If you kill him again, so help me I'll bring him back so we can kill you together," he threatened.

The other man merely laughed and tossed the syringe to the servant girl, who carefully caught it. "I don't think I'm scared, Qui-Gon. Especially if I can trick you so easily into allowing me to inject you with the very thing that will indeed cause you to sicken. No, I'm not scared at all."

Qui-Gon cursed himself for being so easily fooled. He should have known better than to trust Z'aherien. He growled deep in his throat and clenched his hands into fists?he had to take out Z'aherien. He had to protect his Obi-Wan. Without a thought for the consequences, he attacked, aiming a punch at where he sensed the other man's head to be.

Z'aherien easily blocked Qui-Gon's punch. He had suspected that Qui-Gon might be slightly angry with him; Jedi were so sensitive sometimes. Laughing, he ducked and slid out the door, keying it to close and lock behind him. "When you are feeling calmer," he called through the small window in the door, "let one of the servants know and they will

19. Kynstar

Mar 2, 2004
    Uh oh... Qui is now injected? Great... hehehe poor Z man is all upset! hehehe want some cheese with that whine, Mr. Z man? ;)

*SNRK!* Kyran playing 'stripper'!! Oh my goodness! I literally choked on that one! hehehehehe great work!! Poor Lana... afraid that she'll not have any lil'uns. That is a hard thing to live with if it poses true.

Play Hooky? hehehehe Guess she's gonna go pay Obi a visit, eh? hehehehe

Awesome job!!!

20. Rogue_JediKnight

Mar 19, 2002
    Glad to see that Lana is healing, at least physically, but it sounds like she still has a long way to go :(

Yikes! He injected Qui with the same parasite that he did Obi? So much for honor amongst thieves.

And what is Obi-Wan up too?

More when you can,
    Rogue

21. Durhelediel

Mar 5, 2004
    Kynstar- Woman, you live online! I'm going to inform your master that you are not working and are playing. lol But, yes, Lana will pay Obi a visit (as to the little one question, we aren't sure yet).

Rogue- No, its not the same. Z'aherien just injected him with a flu-type virus that will simply make him miserable.

And Kyran's stripper idea was Layren's, though I came up with the question. Sometimes you just never know what these married women will come up with! lmbo

Go to work! lol ::glances at time:: ooo I'm not any better. Time for class. lol

22. Kynstar

Mar 2, 2004
    *Innocent look* Play? What's that? *snrk* hehehehehe

Poor Qui... gonna be miserable? Hrmmm I'd help keep him comfy ;) but I'd be cheating on a certain Count so guess I can't help him out hehehe I'll leave it up to you others ;)

23. Durhelediel

Mar 5, 2004
    Not I. I'm comforting poor Obi. Layren can comfort Qui all she wants...as long as her hubby doesn't find out. lol

(Class was cancelled, btw, so I'm allowed to play)

24. Kynstar

Mar 2, 2004
    Hehehe cancelled, eh? Yay! Well that is if you didn't mind it being cancelled.

Comforting Obi? ;) I'm sure he appreciates that! Poor kid, he's been thru alot! (Won't a certain young man you met the other day get jealous? ;) hehehehe)

25. Durhelediel

Mar 5, 2004
    Nah. He stalks Sarah Brightman so I get to stalk Ewan McGreggor. lol It's an even switch. :}

Of course I don't mind. Especially today. I have a microeconomics test tomorrow and I need time to study for it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.