main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends Fire and Ice: Restorations.....Lurker Appreciation Week has begun!!!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Durhelediel, Sep 8, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Layren

Layren Jedi Master star 5

Oct 28, 2003
    Tim said he doesn't mind if I lust after fictional characters but if it was anybody real he would care :p So I can lust after Qui-Gon all I want :p

2. Kynstar

Kynstar Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 2, 2004
    Hehehe congrads! Yippee! It's allowed! ;) I ain't got nobody to be jealous of me being nutzo for lusty Dooku :( but then again... maybe it's better this way *snrk* hehehe fictional characters can't hurt ya then ;) hehehehe

3. Durhelediel

Durhelediel Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 5, 2004
    I told my "young man" about our little conversation (lusting after characters) and after much joking around, he said that I could have my lustings as long as I didn't move to be closer to Ewan. lol

Oh wow, what an awesome night! We just bumped around town--Walmart, the mall, ate dinner--but what a night! He asked me if I saw the relationship as "long term and serious" and when I said "definitely", he responded, "I'm glad that we agree". Wow! How just absolutely fabulous is this!! We are so perfect for each other it's almost scary. ::dances around, singing "I could have danced all night" from My Fair Lady::

4. Kynstar

Mar 2, 2004
    Lucky you! ;) Ahhh young love! :D I do wish you and him luck, truly I do :D It sounds like it was a blast! Funny thing is.. I've never had fun like that ;) So I envy you slightly! hehehehe

Hehehe I liked his comment about as long as you don't move closer to Ewan *snrk* hehehe

5. Durhelediel

Mar 5, 2004
    Chapter Nine

Qui-Gon's shoulders shook violently as he coughed. He hadn't felt ill right after Z'aherien had injected him, but after awhile he noticed a definite change in his comfort level. He was freezing. His entire body shook with chills, yet in the small room he had kept himself in he had nothing with which to warm himself. He drew his cloak tightly around his body to protect himself from the cold that was inside. As ill as he felt, he knew things would probably get much worse before they got better. He coughed again and winced. His entire body hurt and his head throbbed to the beat of his heart. Moaning softly, he leaned against the wall, using it for a pillow. It wasn't the most comfortable thing to sleep against but it was all that he had. He suddenly sneezed and wished desperately for something to wipe his nose?then remembered his handkerchief in his pocket. He took it out and wiped his nose gently. He longed for a glass of water. His fever was edging up and he knew he needed water to cool it down, but there was none to be had.

Light footsteps, then the sound of the door opening. Qui-Gon sensed it was the servant girl from earlier. The placement of air against his fevered skin and her presence in the living Force told him that she had knelt beside the him. A rounded, smooth object was pressed into his shaking hands?it was a cup of water.

"Z'aherien say that you need this. Drink?it pure. Drew it meself," he heard the girl's voice say quietly next to him.

Qui-Gon thirstily drank the water. He stood slowly, shakily bracing himself on the wall for support after he handed back the glass.

"Follow please," the girl said as she took his hand. By what he could sense, she led him down a corridor and into the room he had been staying in since he had gotten here.

"Your room, sir Jedi," the servant girl told him. "Z'aherien waits." By the sound of her retreating footsteps, he could tell when she left the room.

Qui-Gon felt along the wall in his room, going slowly to avoid tripping over anything that lay in his path. His fumbling hands encountered a strange-feeling object. It felt like wood. He frowned as he ran his hands across it. It was wood?for a headboard. He felt again and found a soft plus mattress. He had found his bed.

Gratefully he crawled onto the mattress and found the blankets. As he shook with chills and coughed, he wondered what game Z'aherien was playing now by allowing him to have comfort again without dining with him. Qui-Gon drew the covers tightly around his chin and put his pounding head on the pillow.

Z'aherien waited until Qui-Gon was settled into bed, shivering and shaking from chills and fever, before walking over to him from where he had been silently watching from the corner of the room. His hands were clasped behind his back. "Your padawan still has some time," he said softly. "But my patience runs thin. I suggest you talk to him through that bond of yours to warn him. Things will not go so pleasant for you if he does not come."

Qui-Gon answered with a horrendous cough. After what seemed like an eternity he managed to hoarsely reply, "If you don't mind me saying so, things aren't pleasant as it is. I'd much prefer not to be sick if I had the choice." He paused and licked his dry lips. "Water?" he asked, hating to ask Z'aherien for anything, but knowing that he needed to keep his fluids up.

Z'aherien tapped on his comlink and the servant girl rushed back in, bowing. "The Jedi needs more water," he barked at her. As she ran off to fetch it, he told Qui-Gon, "Drenna will see to your needs. If you need her, call for her. I need to see if Obi-Wan is on his way yet." With an impatient stride, he left the room.

Qui-Gon grunted as Z'aherien left the room. He shook so badly from chills that he began to think that he could vibrate the whole house down.

Drenna came back into the room several minutes later and gently handed him another glass of water. "Here," she said softly.

He gulped down what she gave him. "Thank you," he managed when he was fi

6. Rogue_JediKnight

Rogue_JediKnight Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 19, 2002
    Rogue looks around wondering where Kynstar is :confused:

At least he was nice enough to give Qui-Gon water and let him go back to his room - but it doesn't sound like the pleasantries are going to continue.

And yah! Obi-Wan's back in business. Operation Rescue Qui-Gon starts now!

More when you can,
    Rogue

7. Durhelediel

Mar 5, 2004
    ::looks around for Kynstar:: hm....odd...very odd...

Rogue- Yes Z'aherien was nice to give him water, but you should known him well enough by now that it is all a ploy to get what he wants: namely, Obi-Wan dead. And, yes, Obi-Wan has finally gotten off his butt and is going to help his master. ::swats Obi-Wan with lightsaber handle::

Darth Real Life is interfering with Layren and I writing much right now. She has her new job and I have my new boyfriend so things are slow on writing. lol We are aware that we have readers and we are doing what we can (namely, little ten minute writing sessions squeezed in here and there). More to come soon...

8. Kynstar

Mar 2, 2004
    Yipee! Another postie! [face_blush] you two looking for me? ;) hehehehe I'm here, though barely. My pup is sick again and was up all night.. *sigh* wasn't able to log back onto the computer last night being with him. Taking him to the docs here in a bit to see what's up.

Great chappie! Poor Qui has the flu. At least Mr. Z man is being somewhat nice. Allowing the servant gal to get him water. Interesting that he's doing that! ;) Perhaps he isn't all that evil after all, eh? Then again his main goal is Obi and not Qui.

Glad Lana was able to get thru to Obi and that Obi was able to get some of his pent up frustration/fear out. Good for Lana!!

Poor girl, hehehehe first escapee, eh? hehehehe

Can't wait for more!!!

9. Durhelediel

Mar 5, 2004
    Kynstar- we just know that you're usually the first to post. lol I hope your little one is okay. Keep us updated please.

No, Z'aherien is not nice, as we will see shortly. He considers himself a gentleman, but he's really just a scoundrel--and not the good Han Solo type either.

10. Kynstar

Mar 2, 2004
    Hehehe yeah ;) Well pup has the flu the docs think so he's got several meds to take (oh whoa is he! hehehe he's as bad as me when it comes to meds eeeew yucky!!)

Sooo not that good is Mr. Z eh? hehehehe can't wait to find out what you are implying there! :D

11. Rogue_JediKnight

Mar 19, 2002
    Kynstar - Ack! The flu [face_sick] How terrible :( Hope it clears up soon.

Rogue

12. Durhelediel

Mar 5, 2004
    Kynstar- awwwww. Well I do hope your little one gets feeling better soon. It's beautiful out there-he needs to be out playing. ::sends healing waves through the Force::

13. Durhelediel

Mar 5, 2004
    Chapter Ten

Qui-Gon shivered even as he pulled yet another blanket on top of him. He coughed violently and blew his nose on another tissue from the box Danni had brought to him. He was so very tired. He pulled the blankets over his head and decided to try to sleep, ignoring the sound of the door opening. It was probably just Danni with his water.

A rough hand grabbed the blankets out of his grip and tossed them away, leaving him exposed to the cool air of the room. "No more playing around, Qui-Gon," he heard Z'aherien snap near his ear. "If Obi-Wan wants you killed quickly, he'll soon find that I'm not that accommodating. Get up, Jedi!"

Qui-Gon shivered and slowly pushed himself to a sitting position. He shoulders shook as he coughed. "I'm up," he managed to say once his lungs were clear.

Z'aherien narrowed his eyes. "Time for you to know the suffering your padawan did. You can either come voluntarily, or I can have you forced to come. Your choice."

Qui-Gon didn't answer. He sat on the bed, gathering what little bit of strength he could. In his illness the healing Force was harder to grasp and he knew he would need every bit of energy he could to deal with whatever it was Z'aherien had in mind.

"Now!" Z'aherien barked out when he noticed Qui-Gon's immobility. He snapped his fingers and two of his most heavily muscled servants came in. "I have no patience left with you."

Qui-Gon gritted his teeth as he suddenly found his arms twisted behind him and he was pried off the bed. He went limp in his captors' arms. He wasn't going to resist, but he wasn't going to help them either.

The two men staggered under the big Jedi's weight as it suddenly fell on them.

"Master, this 'un be heavy. Not like little Jedi you used," one of the servants complained as they dragged Qui-Gon out of the room and down the hall.

Qui-Gon's gaze darkened at the mention of Obi-Wan being tortured. Memories of what his padawan had looked like after he had rescued him flooded his mind, and fresh anger surged through him at what Z'aherien had done to his apprentice.

"Be quiet," Z'aherien snapped. "Just carry him. I don't pay you to whine."

How dare the brat think that just because he begged that Z'aherien would spare his master? He knew Obi-Wan was smarter than that, surely! Z'aherien growled, scowling, leading the way to his private torture chamber that he had had built especially for Obi-Wan. The brat would learn soon enough what Z'aherien was capable of...and so would Jinn. Perhaps feeling his master's pain through their bond would encourage him to come. Z'aherien let a smile ghost his thin lips. Yes, he would just have to make sure that Obi-Wan felt his master loud and clear.

Qui-Gon was limp in his captors' arms as they struggled with his dead weight. He was both worried and relieved that Obi-Wan had chosen not to come. Z'aherien had succeeded in killing his apprentice once and he wished to spare him the fate of suffering through that again. He wondered if he could provoke Z'aherien into somehow killing him quickly in order to spare his padawan's inner torment, but at the moment he had no ideas as to how. He was blind and had no hope of escaping. Death seemed to be the only escape he would have from this place.

Z'aherien gestured to what appeared to be a blank wall, the only space in the room that had no pieces of equipment near it or on it. "Put him over there. And make sure to press him against the wall in the proper places this time. I don't need another subject killed before I have the chance to do it myself."

The servants snorted but obeyed, struggling with Qui-Gon's weight. "Yes, mi'lord." He grunted as they managed to push Qui-Gon's arms and legs against the wall. The servant let go as the wall molded itself around the Jedi standing there. "As you requested, mi'lord."

"Now leave us," Z'aherien commanded. The servants quickly rushed out, none wanting to be next. Z'aherien smiled slowly, cruelly. "Now, Qui-Gon, shall we convince your padawan that he needs to come?"

"

14. Kynstar

Mar 2, 2004
    Eek electricity torture... not good.

Poor Obi... he juz needs to meditate and get back his focus so he can concentrate on the Force to allow it to guide him.

Great chappie!!

15. jeday

jeday Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 4, 2004
    Oh Qui-Gon you and your big mouth! You had to tell him about the closed bond, you had too ehh? :oops: :rolleyes:

16. Layren

Layren Jedi Master star 5

Oct 28, 2003
    Yeah sometimes Qui-Gon doesn't know when to keep his mouth shut does he? ;)

17. Rogue_JediKnight

Mar 19, 2002
    Oh I agree with jeday - why, oh why did you have to say anything?

And it definitely sounds like heavy duty therapy is in the future for all involved (sure hate to see that bill ;))

Rogue

18. Durhelediel

Mar 5, 2004
    Kynstar- Yeah, not a pleasant experience. And he's sick to boot. He's not having a good day.

jeday- Jedi are honest, well some are from "a certain point of view". lol

Rogue- He'll learn one of these days. lol Maybe not.

Hey, look! My co-author has found her way through the dregs of jobs to rejoin us!! Welcome back, Layren!

Ooooooo I'm rewatching the original trilogy. It's been a while since I've done this--merely because when I watch them I always watch all three and you need a lot of hours to do that. I almost forgot how great they were! Almost. lol

19. Rogue_JediKnight

Mar 19, 2002
    Ooooooo I'm rewatching the original trilogy. It's been a while since I've done this--merely because when I watch them I always watch all three and you need a lot of hours to do that. I almost forgot how great they were! Almost. lol

Oh how true!

Can't wait for the DVD release on Tuesday - already have mine on order - Squee!!

20. JEDI-KNIGHTS_R_L

JEDI-KNIGHTS_R_L Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 21, 2004
    Wow just caught back up. Amazing Durhelediel you are doing a wonderfull job. i can't wait to she what you come up with next. I am also glade that obi is coming back to his old self.

21. Arwen-Jade_Kenobi

Arwen-Jade_Kenobi Jedi Knight star 5

Feb 9, 2002
    Wow, I'm behind. Poor Qui, electricity torture is never fun. :(. At least Obi and company are on their way.

MOre soon!

22. Durhelediel

Mar 5, 2004
    Rogue- I'm too poor to afford mine. :( I really really want them too. If I go without groceries I can afford it... lol

Jedi- I had help, you know. lol But I will relay the message and go ahead and say thank you. :}

Arwen- Nope, not fun at all.

23. Durhelediel

Mar 5, 2004
    Chapter Eleven

Obi-Wan kept his hood over his face. His entire plan depended on Z'aherien not knowing that he was on-planet just yet. He and Kyran had landed just a few minutes ago and Obi-Wan was determined not to let his master suffer in vain. He was no closer to a clear mind, either. The day of meditation had done nothing but confuse him further, though he hid his emotions from Kyran. For what seemed to be the hundredth time in thirty hours, Obi-Wan opened himself to his master?and still felt him unconscious. Part of Obi-Wan was relieved and another part feared what Z'aherien had done to him.

Kyran frowned a little as he also covered his face with his robe. He handed Obi-Wan a piece of cloth that would keep his face covered even more to aide their deception from detection. "Here. I brought these with us. Cover all but your eyes. If anyone asks, you're female," the older Jedi said, smirking.

Obi-Wan's sapphire eyes flashed but he obeyed, silently seething. No man in his right mind would think he was a woman! Letting out a long-suffering sigh, Obi-Wan walked quickly down the crowded street, searching for someone who looked like they might have any kind of information about Z'aherien. He had to be careful: he wasn't sure what Z'aherien was to this planet. Was he a criminal, or a benefactor? Sitting to the side, a foul smelling man sucked on a hooka as he people-watched.

Obi-Wan smiled. Perhaps he would know something. Determined, he sauntered over to him, dragging Kyran over with him. They had agreed earlier that Kyran would do all the talking until they found out where Qui-Gon was held, that way it would be harder for Obi-Wan's cover to be blown.

"We need a bit of information," Kyran said to the man smoking the hooka. "We'll be willing to pay for it. Interested?"

The man slowly took his fat lips from the end of the hooka and barely glanced at them. "No." He turned to growl at them to go away when they refused to move, but his eyes stopped on the concealed Obi-Wan and a meaty smile appeared on his face. "Correct that," he drawled. "In exchange for a kiss from your woman friend, I might tell you something. I might even know something if she agrees to stay with me tonight." His eyes roamed all over Obi-Wan's body.

Obi-Wan flushed. He wanted to throttle this man, though he had to admit that it was a funny situation, especially on the tails of his comment to Kyran. He exchanged a look with Kyran, wondering if Kyran would agree to the man's outrageous proposal.

Kyran tried hard not to smile even as he waved his hand again, implementing a powerful Force-suggestion. "Why don't you just tell us first?" he said even as he produced a credit chip. "My 'lady friend' here would like to know."

Obi-Wan wanted to hit Kyran now as well. His master's friend was enjoying this too much.

The man somehow resisted the Force urge. He shook his head. "A kiss and credits buys a little information. A night with me buys you anything you want to know."

Kyran sighed regretfully. "Unfortunately, right now we have to find someone else first. But perhaps later..." he trailed off, then said, "for the right information..."

Obi-Wan wondered if he could manage to kick Kyran without drawing attention to it.

The man smiled lazily and agreed. "What do you want to know?"

"We've heard that a big shot is running the show around here named Z'aherien. We need information on where he might be," Kyran said cautiously.

The man thought for a moment and took another pull from his hooka. Finally, he murmured, "Z'aherien, huh? Any information on him will cost you...double...in everything." He glanced at Obi-Wan significantly and Obi-Wan had to recite a few katas to keep from strangling him.

Kyran pursed his lips and frowned a little. "Why? My friend wants to find him." He produced several more credits.

"And your friend will have to spend more than one night with me to get him," the man shot back, jerking the hooka out of his mouth. "You don't just go saying stuff about Z'aherien around here. He control

24. Kynstar

Mar 2, 2004
    Hehehehe! That was hilarious! Obi playing at being a gal! *snrk* Great job!!

At least he didn't have to kiss anyone! ;) hehehe

25. Arwen-Jade_Kenobi

Arwen-Jade_Kenobi Jedi Knight star 5

Feb 9, 2002
    Obi as a girl......LOL. Priceless!!! Never would have expected that in a million years! *thumbs up* More soon, though something tells me this is just the calm before the storm.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.