main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends Fire and Ice: Restorations.....Lurker Appreciation Week has begun!!!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Durhelediel, Sep 8, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Arwen-Jade_Kenobi

Arwen-Jade_Kenobi Jedi Knight star 5

Feb 9, 2002
    Wow, you certainly are busy! LSAT??? egads!

Great posts by the way! Obi had better not get infected, but I have a feeling that something worse may happen...just a hunch of course ;)

More soon! (as soon as you can manage of course!)

2. Layren

Layren Jedi Master star 5

Oct 28, 2003
    Arwen, Why on earth would you ever think that ??? :D [face_mischief]

3. Durhelediel

Durhelediel Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 5, 2004
    Arwen- would we do that??? ::evil laughter:: And thanks on the LSAT. I'm juggling quite a bit here at the moment so the next update will be when I can shove it in.

All readers please be patient with us, or me rather! LOL

4. Layren

Oct 28, 2003
    Hey guys thanks for being so patient with us! We'll have an update as soon as we can! It's midterm week for Durhelediel so she's working as hard as she can in studying for her tests and trying to squeeze in time to write here and there and now she's got a cold. Let's all wish her a hearty "Get Well Soon." [:D]

5. JalendaviLady

JalendaviLady Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 20, 2002
    *passes Robitussin and Sudafed*

And yeah, it's horrible being sick during testing season... Hope she's not feeling as bad as some of the theater students at my school were feeling last year during Winter Finals.

Hope there's a new post soon...

6. JEDI-KNIGHTS_R_L

JEDI-KNIGHTS_R_L Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 21, 2004
    Way to go you guys. This story is getting better buy the post. I realy enjoyed that last few post. And cant wait for an update.

7. Obi_Kenobi_Devotee

Obi_Kenobi_Devotee Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 4, 2004
    Oh! Great update! Me loves it.

8. Durhelediel

Mar 5, 2004
    ::sniffs and blinks bleary eyes:: Thanks Layren. I appreciate that. Still working on the "getting well" part though, haha.

Jalenda- Welcome! I would hug ya but I don't want to pass around these germs. Thanks for the meds. I'm trying to get over this while finishing up testing, though it's hard when you don't even feel like getting up in the morning, heehee.

JediKnights- Glad you're really enjoying this finale.

Obidevotee- Welcome! (though I think I've done that before...ugh my head is so fuzzy...) Glad you love it!

Another chapter WILL be up within the next few days, or sooner. Thanks for your patience! ::downs meds and falls into bed::

9. Durhelediel

Mar 5, 2004
    All right! Feeling much better now! I'm currently working on the next chapter (betaing) so any day now...

10. Kynstar

Kynstar Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 2, 2004
    Yay! [face_dancing] Can't wait! Glad things are better! :D

11. Durhelediel

Mar 5, 2004
    Chapter Twenty

Lana switched off the ship and quickly cycled the ramp to lower for the group of Jedi waiting outside. She hurried back to the bunk where Obi-Wan slept, still unconscious, to meet them. Han'yaie and his padawan, Anya, were already carefully moving Obi-Wan onto a repulsorgurney by the time she arrived with Kyran patiently observing. Without thought, she threw herself into her husband's arms, glad to be in his safe grip once again.

Kyran embraced his wife and kissed her passionately, ignoring the other Jedi standing near them. "I'm so glad you're safe," he said huskily, inhaling her scent.

She tightened her arms around him even as she pulled slightly away, just enough to see his tired face better. "How are things?" she asked quietly, reading things in the lines of his face that he would never tell her.

He sighed deeply. Qui-Gon still wasn't speaking to him yet, but he hadn't seen him today. Han'yaie had mentioned he'd talked to Qui-Gon for a long while so maybe they could smooth things out between them. "Better now that you're here," was his reply.

Han'yaie and Anya quickly walked past with Obi-Wan, trying to get him to the bacta tanks as soon as they could. Lana turned to watch them leave with her charge. She had done all she could to keep infection at bay...she hoped it was enough.

"He'll be alright now," Kyran assured her, rubbing her back soothingly. "You've done all you could, love. Han'yaie and Anya will take good care of him, if they can keep Qui-Gon out of their hair long enough."

Lana snorted a bit at that. "Still being the bothersome patient, is he?"

Kyran rolled his eyes. "I don't think Anya or Han'yaie have been able to get him to sleep even one time without sedating him."

Lana shook her head as she walked down the ship's ramp, her hand firmly enclosed in her husband's. "Well, now that Obi-Wan is here, perhaps he'll behave more."

"Maybe." He grimaced. He had yet to be back in the wing after Han'yaie had chased him out. The bond with Qui-Gon had been silent the entire time he'd been in the Healer's Wing and so he hadn't returned except once or twice to see his friend in bacta.

Lana glanced at him again as they made their way toward the Healer's Wing. "Kyran, Qui-Gon will get over this. He's just under a lot of stress and worry right now. Give him time."

"If Obi-Wan doesn't pull through, he'll never forgive me," Kyran said quietly. He knew that to be fact and he would never forgive himself.

"Leave it to the Force," was Lana's tired answer. Her steps were heavy. She had done too much too soon, worried too much. She only hoped Han'yaie would be so preoccupied with his new patient that he would overlook her. She wanted to sleep in her own bed, beside her husband, tonight.

"You've been doing too much, love," Kyran rebuked her gently as he sensed her body's lack of energy. "If you promise to see Han'yaie in the morning, I won't tell him yet."

Lana stuck her tongue out at her husband, but smiled all the same. "Let's see how the two patients are."

Kyran smirked slightly. "Let's see if Qui-Gon has been locked in his room, sedated or is bothering Han'yaie. Shall we make a bet on what the Healer's done this time? I think he's tried all of them so far."

Lana was seriously considering it when they brushed past Jedi in the Healer's Wing and passed into the large open area that housed the bacta tanks. There Qui-Gon was, standing in a more relaxed stance than she would have thought as Obi-Wan was carefully lowered into a bacta tank. "Qui!" she cried joyfully to see her friend. She released Kyran's hand and ran to Qui-Gon.

Qui-Gon turned around and smiled as Lana ran over to him. He embraced her in a hug and then stepped back a pace to look at her. "You look tired."

She stepped back from him, and he could tell that she was hiding something from him. "Oh, long journey," she tried to wave it off. "I haven't seen you in a while. How are you?" She caught herself suddenly. "Wait. You can see me!" She beamed at him.

Qui-Gon smirked. "Glad

12. Kynstar

Mar 2, 2004
    Yay Kyran and Qui have sorta made up! Great!

Poor Qui... wanting to eat 'real' food *snrk*

Guess we'll see how they all fare come later on! Hopefully their welfares will get better, specially poor Obi. Lana will definitely need to relax and rest! Kyran will have to sit on her ;) otherwise Han'yaie will more than make her stay at the ward!

Great chappie! Glad to see ya back and in action once more!

13. Rogue_JediKnight

Rogue_JediKnight Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 19, 2002
    Yah!! A new post!

It looks like things are getting back to normal (whatever that might be ;)) and at least everyone's in the same place now :D

As far as whether this is all over - I think I'll hold judgment on that :p

Rogue

14. jeday

jeday Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 4, 2004
    Nice trick Kyran! [face_laugh]

15. Arwen-Jade_Kenobi

Arwen-Jade_Kenobi Jedi Knight star 5

Feb 9, 2002
    yay post! At least Qui doesn't seem as angry anymore, when are we gonna find out more about Obi, I'm worried for that kid!

More soon!

16. JEDI-KNIGHTS_R_L

JEDI-KNIGHTS_R_L Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 21, 2004
    Wow Durhelediel, that was a great post i love the interation between all the characters. i am glade that you aer still working on this. i have enjoyed all of them so much that it makes me sad to think that this is the last one. Oh well keep up the good work.

17. Durhelediel

Mar 5, 2004
    Once again, apologies for a long wait. I ended up having to go to the Emergancy Room Sunday night and right now have nothing really to do so I'm going to try to get the next segment up.

Kynstar- Heehee. I can just see Kyran perched on her chest as Han'yaie tries to administer some meds. lol

Rogue- Yep, everyone's finally in the same place. And, no, it's not quite over. There are a lot of unresolved issues going on between the characters, mentally and physically, so healing has to be done.

jeday- We like Kyran. hm, perhaps we should start a Kyran Fan Club. lol

Arwen- Soon, Arwen, soon.

JediKnights- Well, I do have help you know. lol But, again, I will relay your sentiments.

18. Layren

Oct 28, 2003
    Yay a Kyran Fan Club! hehehehehe Kyran is very enthused at the idea and he approves :p ;)

19. Kynstar

Mar 2, 2004
    Oh man! I hope you get to feeling better Durhelediel! A fan club for Kyran would be sweet :D I know I'd join it ;)

20. Durhelediel

Mar 5, 2004
    I am very, very sorry for the delay everyone. I know you're all about ready to strangle me. I am having severe health problems right now with my inflammation of the chest wall. I got new meds so hopefully these will work. I will do what I can and try to get more up soon.

Thank you for being patient!

21. Rogue_JediKnight

Rogue_JediKnight Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 19, 2002
    Yikes! Sorry to hear that - and don't worry about us, you just make sure you get well! Sending lots of [:D] [:D] your way.

22. Kynstar

Mar 2, 2004
    Yep yep lots of [:D] Do take care of yourself hon!! :D We'll patiently wait :D Health comes first anyhoo ;)

23. jeday

Jan 4, 2004
    Get well soon! [:D]

24. jeday

Jan 4, 2004
    And I like to join the Kyran Fan Club! :D

25. Layren

Oct 28, 2003
    Hey guys no it's not the update you've all been waiting for -- next week however promises more time for both of us as it is Thanksgiving for her and I don't have any jobs lined up yet. Thanks so much guys for your support and patience -- we're hurrying!

Darth Real Life is such an evil sith isn't he?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.